the wanderer // User Search

1  |

AW_WORLD_RESTRICTED_RADIUS

Dec 21, 1998, 9:41pm
How can that be accurately determined though? A bot can be outside the
radius and still "potentially" be heard within the restricted radius.
Please note, this is only a rhetorical question.

[View Quote]

AW_WORLD_RESTRICTED_RADIUS

Dec 21, 1998, 11:40pm
I just realized that should I continue on my point
A) I would stray horridly off topic.
B) I would begin to making points that a certain group tend to love.

A) Doesn't worry me too much, but I will refrain.
B) Is a major warning sign of whining.

As such, I'll let my point die. Thank you Walter.
[View Quote]

Next AW Newsletter

Feb 28, 2000, 3:04pm
No at Yes.com (recils) wrote in <38ba020a at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>What the hell? It'd be easy to write a program that modifies those
>files in vb or c++ or any lang down to basic. What is that guy smokin?

He just doesn't know how to do the ftp upload. One of the first projects I
did in VB (before giving it up for Delphi) was to write a simple chat and
ftp client. It isn't that difficult to do, of course I say that without
being able to remember the specifics of it either :o-)

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

Bots vs 'usual' Avatars

Feb 16, 1999, 7:32pm
Number one would work, but number two still creates a problem. My app
makes the call as you state and then simply saves the now unencrypted
rwx file in a seperate directory.

[View Quote]

Build 13 upgrade reminder

Feb 17, 1999, 3:55pm
Just as with every other tool, abuse will happen as a given and probably
involve more things than just massive building. The question really is
how to manage/minimize that abuse?

1. Maintain COF worlds as is.
2. Implement a broader form of bot rights on the world server level.
3. Some other wise and wonderful solution.

Not having time to jump into the SDK yet, allow me to make one other
comment. This group is a perfect example of what the other newsgroups
hoped to achieve. Beta does a good job as well and the other two are
debatable. SDK, however, not only fills the need for beta
testing/feedback but also has encouraged better more efficient
development and use of the SDK. The tone here is almost always upbeat
and mutually supportive. If the mood here could just permeate to the
other non-technical groups what a change.

Anyway, enough rambling and thank you for your time.

[View Quote]

VB

Feb 24, 1999, 2:57pm
Yes

[View Quote]

Xelagot with new world attributes

Apr 5, 2000, 7:51pm
xelag at 3dee.com (xelag) wrote in <38ebac08.49301301 at news.activeworlds.com>:

>Xelagot version 2.999982 has all new world attributes. The Directional
>Light source can be modified using Azimut (angle from the North
>towards the West) and Altitude above or below the horizon, in degrees,
>instead of the weird user killer notation AW chose to use.
>
>All attributes have their Action Script statement. I will update the
>help pages asap (I still have to write them)

And this amazment can be found where?

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

citizen numbers/names

Feb 22, 1999, 3:22pm
One easy way to do this: Close the AW browser and open the file
contacts.txt (you might want to make a backup first). Add the cit#
whose name you want and start the browser. Look at your contacts list
and the new name on your list is the cit#. If you have a large contact
list, do the above but delete all other cit#'s. Make sure you back up
your contacts.txt file first!

[View Quote]

Citizen Blocking From a World

Feb 25, 2000, 1:28pm
TechnoZeus at uplogon.com (technozeus) wrote in
<38b603b6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

[trim]
>Here's an excerp from a message by Scotty Miller, back in October of
>1998, giving another way of handling the same basic concept...
>
>{Begin excerp}
>
>Ok, here is an idea:
>
>You now have an INclusion list were you have to place citizen numbers
>for those you want IN the world. How about an EXclusion list for citizen
>numbers of those you want to keep OUT of the world. Of course you would
>only be able to use one list at time.

[tirm]

>This way you could MOSTLY open up your world. Perhaps the "immigration
>officer" could send a special message to someone on the exclusion list
>as "IO" shows them the way out.
>
>ScottyDM
>
>{End excerp}

[trim]

Definitely one of the older requests without question. One thing that came
to mind as I read the exerpt of Scotty's message: It would be very nice to
be able to customize that "special message" the immigration officer sent to
those on the exclusion list the same way that world greetings can be
customized. That way world owners can give instructions on how to gain
access to the world if they would like. This way worlds that need/want to
restrict access can still be available to any that wish to follow the
instructions given by the world owner via the IO.

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

Citizen Blocking From a World

Feb 25, 2000, 1:31pm
ormondt at cvwrf.state.ut.us (the wanderer) wrote in
<8EE55BD35ormondtcvwrfstateutu at 166.90.176.155>:

[huge snip]
>It would be very nice to be able to customize that "special message" the
>immigration officer sent to those on the exclusion list the same way that
>world greetings can be customized.
[snip]

That should read:

It would be very nice to be able to customize that "special message" the
immigration officer sent to those *NOT* on the *INCLUSION* list the same
way that world greetings can be customized.

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

Background

Apr 27, 2000, 12:32pm
no at spam.com (methus) wrote in <390792E2.A6AA0F78 at spam.com>:

>I think we need some sort of color matcher like the one in paintshop.
>Because it is very hard to match the right colors on world backgrounds.
>Thats what I wish for.....

Here's what I do: Open the backdrop file in any decent graphics program (I
use Paint Shop Pro) and use the program's color picker to select the color
at the top of the image. Note the settings and then use the world settings
dialog to put those same settings in and viola! colors match. While it
would be easier for the user to add a color picker, why have Roland waste
his time on something that can be easily done currently instead of spending
his time on actually improving the browser like giving the ability to hide
that blasted green check mark (HINT HINT HINT).

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

Background

May 2, 2000, 4:14pm
no at spam.com (methus) wrote in <390E4C68.7DCD3654 at spam.com>:

>Nah, I still think the browser needs it. Im gonna spend money on a
>graphics program just to match colors, I think ROLAND should spend his
>time wisely and consider both our wishes.

[View Quote] Of course you don't have to buy a graphics program to have a color picker,
paint (which is included in Windows already) has a very functional color
picker.

--

eep at tnlc.com (eep) wrote in <390E8E50.9DD9C5E8 at tnlc.com>:

>I would be happy if AW's world options remembered custom colors instead
>of resetting them all to black every time AW restarts...

Indeed that would be nice.

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

Large object support

May 16, 2000, 12:45pm

see http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw30/collision30.html

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

Statistics page

Jun 1, 2000, 8:14pm
anbugera at home.com (agent1) wrote in
<3936d3aa$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>But it logs them locally and I don't think it sends them to the
>Uniserver.
>
>-Agent1

[View Quote] Correct.