Thread

Brants Ultimate Pb Bot is attacking me!!! (Bots)

Brants Ultimate Pb Bot is attacking me!!! // Bots

GAHHHHHHHH SOS!!!

I have a problem, and its a big bloody problem! Brants PB bot is attacking
VB and absolutly everything made from it on my PC! When I try to load up the
VB IDE It loads up 5 instances of the PB bot installer, when I shut down a
debug, it loads up an instance of the PB bot installer, whenever the hell, I
even load a compiled VB executable Ive made... PB bot attacks the exe and
loads up 3 or 4 instances of the installer!!!!

Gahhh I can't get rid of the thing!!! Hey I wouldent mind if it was a decent
program installer but its not! Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

- Mark

john

Aug 19, 2003, 8:27pm
O_o

Kewl

System Restore Time eh?

~John

[View Quote]

andras

Aug 19, 2003, 9:00pm
[View Quote] > GAHHHHHHHH SOS!!!

> I have a problem, and its a big bloody problem! Brants PB bot is attacking
> VB and absolutly everything made from it on my PC! When I try to load up the
> VB IDE It loads up 5 instances of the PB bot installer, when I shut down a
> debug, it loads up an instance of the PB bot installer, whenever the hell, I
> even load a compiled VB executable Ive made... PB bot attacks the exe and
> loads up 3 or 4 instances of the installer!!!!
>
> Gahhh I can't get rid of the thing!!! Hey I wouldent mind if it was a decent
> program installer but its not! Anyone got any idea how to fix this?
>
> - Mark

Remove VB and install it again. Most likely Brant's little toy is tinkering with VB library/dll/whatever VB uses.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

tengel

Aug 19, 2003, 10:10pm
His Activeworlds Utility did the same here, all I did was to uninstall
everything, and it stops. I thought it was a problem here, but you just
confirm it was not.

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Aug 19, 2003, 11:30pm
Stop your whining and get a new PC it's that simple. Remember the NGs are
not a place to post your problems or complaints. :P
MrBruce
[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 19, 2003, 11:39pm
What would getting a new PC do? Its not like a faster processor or more ram
will prevent Brants bot from nuking his system.

-Joe

Quick solution, realize Brant's VB apps FUBAR every system they touch.
Then, make your own.

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f42a3b0 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I have a problem, and its a big bloody problem! Brants PB bot is
> attacking VB and absolutly everything made from it on my PC! When I
> try to load up the VB IDE It loads up 5 instances of the PB bot
> installer, when I shut down a debug, it loads up an instance of the PB
> bot installer, whenever the hell, I even load a compiled VB executable
> Ive made... PB bot attacks the exe and loads up 3 or 4 instances of
> the installer!!!!
>
> Gahhh I can't get rid of the thing!!! Hey I wouldent mind if it was a
> decent program installer but its not! Anyone got any idea how to fix
> this?

Sounds nice. Maybe one of his library-GUIDs are intruding upon some VB
GUIDs? VB seems to love using GUIDs for identifying everything, so does MSI
(that's what he used for his installer, right?).

I already have... LOL

*Looks at SRUtilities, SRVotebot script, SRPaintball bot*

john

Aug 20, 2003, 9:15pm
Nice reply joe... tho I do like the idea of a new pc :)

~John

[View Quote]

brant

Aug 22, 2003, 4:13pm
Ah, what a nice way to end a vacation. Yesterday, I was sitting beside a
huge waterfall in Yellowstone, and today I return to mass chaos.

This could have been much easier handled through a simple E-Mail, you know.
But Windows Installer is weird when the following occurs:

1. Your computer is set up with multiple users. Sometimes, Windows can be
set to "unconfigure" things when you log off on purpose or by accident (i.e.
don't remember your settings) and when you log on again or after restarting
your computer, everything has to be reconfigured. This behavior can be
changed with a registry setting, but I don't recall the correct one
(regedit.com should help).

2. If you're installing VB.NET, I've encountered no problems, but if you're
using VB 6, you need to install Service Pack 5 before using it, or else the
installer will keep trying to install the updated files itself.

Try this and let me know if it works.

-Brant

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 22, 2003, 5:06pm
Pssh, who uses VS 6 any more? ;D

-Joe

Erm, Visual Studio.NET is just perky.. as for VB6 it was still dead, I ended
up dredging though the registery, INI files, and finally removing the
shoemakervilagge ID from several binary files before it died.

- mark