[release] Demeter 1.18 // Bots

1  |

brant

Jan 10, 2003, 10:14pm
I'm privileged to announce the final release of Demeter 1.18. This version
builds upon Demeter's first release a month ago by adding key features such
as:

-The ability to log in automatically
-A command to delete terrain within a certain area
-Improved eminent domain features for vandalism control
-Logging of all terrain-related activities within your world, including
privilege password and action for all events, to crack down on vandalism and
theft
-Updated statistics tracking
-Several features to optimize Demeter based on your available bandwidth
-Windows localization settings compliance
-Commands that send help to the user

A full list of what's new along with updated documentation is available at
http://www.shoemakervillage.org/help/dwhatsnew118.html, while detailed
technical information is available at
http://www.shoemakervillage.org/release.html.

Go check out and download Demeter today, and join worlds like AWTeen, A!!CT,
pata, Gulakon, Lugia, and others that allow builders to take their creations
to the next level!

andras

Jan 11, 2003, 7:34am
[View Quote] <snip>

> A full list of what's new along with updated documentation is available at
> http://www.shoemakervillage.org/help/dwhatsnew118.html, while detailed
> technical information is available at
> http://www.shoemakervillage.org/release.html.
<snip>

After a long and heated debate with Brant, I have no other choice but warn the community about the behavior of Brant's programs.
His programs which are sharing the same splash screen "calls home" without the user's approval. Brant has a "Privacy policy" posted on his "General Info" page wich is not linked directly from the pages he mentioned above ( http://www.shoemakervillage.org/programs.html ). Read it and decide yourself if it makes you comfortable.

Here is my last post regarding to this issue. More can be read at news://news.andras.net/AW.VillageBeta newsgroup under the thread: [demeter] Security problem .