Query on comwrapper // Sdk

1  |

scuz

Feb 23, 2003, 4:40pm
Could sombody make a full vb proj, that shows how to use query in the cw.
ive tried and tried, and it seems to only find the obs i dont want to find.

.duo.

Feb 23, 2003, 10:08pm
How do you use the com wrappre anyway? heh heh heh

[View Quote]

john

Feb 24, 2003, 7:24pm
R i c h a r d made 1 a while back:

news:3e180875$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

scuz

Feb 24, 2003, 10:33pm
i know, but hes tierd of me asking fer help now and he said to ask u

[View Quote]

john

Feb 25, 2003, 3:01pm
Lol!! I can't atcually do a query w/o being in global mode (using
AW_Cell_next) but I can help with any other qs.

[View Quote] Er... um. I think maybe you're doing that wrong if you need to be in global mode.
Global mode doesn't need query.

--Bowen--

john

Feb 27, 2003, 6:08pm
It does if you want to find objects in the world

[View Quote] Not necessarily, at least not when I used it. It gets object clicks and all those
types of events without the need to query first.

--Bowen--

john

Feb 28, 2003, 8:31pm
No, listen.

To list the objects in the world when the bot logs on, it needs to query.
But global mode registers all object events, just not to start with to show
ALL objects.

[View Quote] Ok, so you were half right. (I've always wanted to do what TZ does, annoying isn't
it?)