Missing: AW's only Wiki (Community)

Missing: AW's only Wiki // Community

1  |

gnu32

Feb 5, 2006, 10:27am
(except SW City's, but..)

http://aw.sintry.net , where art thou? It had good potential and could
have been very useful if more people updated it.

I was infact about to post a message asking people to come forth and
contribute what they can, but i tried it just now and it's gone.

Hope its just an outage

l3d

Feb 5, 2006, 4:08pm
There is a (also) beginning wiki about AW on http://awe.3db.nl/wiki/
It is intended for AW Europe, but it is about AW in general, so could be
useful.

Gnu32 schreef:
> (except SW City's, but..)
>
> http://aw.sintry.net , where art thou? It had good potential and could
> have been very useful if more people updated it.
>
> I was infact about to post a message asking people to come forth and
> contribute what they can, but i tried it just now and it's gone.
>
> Hope its just an outage

syntax

Feb 5, 2006, 5:22pm
That's cause if someone starts a big project like this, you have to be 100%
sure that the person who started it up will intend to keep it up.
--
Syntax | www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

talisan

Feb 5, 2006, 5:40pm
And you have to make sure before you take on such a project that there is
enough community support.

If only... we could organize just ... one group... instead of being so
fragmented and doing our own projects. Hmm... now what would we call it? ...

[View Quote]

mpl knight

Feb 6, 2006, 1:05am
I would like to submit the proposal for a name for such a group:

Community

sw comit

Feb 6, 2006, 4:23pm
That's true. I won't invest any time into a wiki unless I'm confident it
will be around for...well, forever :P As long as AW is still around anway.

- Com

[View Quote]

joeman

Feb 6, 2006, 10:00pm
http://aw.fakeplastic.com will be up forever (as long as I pay my
hosting bill, which is as close to eternity as you can get).

I configured it and set it up, now you guys get to figure out how to log
into it and use it (I have no idea :P). Its running PHPWiki 1.3.11, so
there is documentation for it around on the net (specificially
http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/).

All I can say is good luck, and have fun. As I said before, it will be
up forever. I hope someone shows some intrest in it.

-Joe

[View Quote]

joeman

Feb 7, 2006, 12:53am
Turned off authentication, so now anyone may edit.

-Joe

[View Quote]

gnu32

Feb 7, 2006, 11:16am
No MediaWiki? =(
Ah, it'll do, its a wiki anyway

[View Quote]

gnu32

Feb 7, 2006, 11:23am
You may want to fix the SQL or script, there are errors, and also a
tooltips enabled theme =P

[View Quote]

dm mercury

Feb 7, 2006, 6:29pm
I attempted to start a wiki for my world since there is an unreal amount of
item information there.

http://www.addrpg.org/wiki

But no one really cared to update it often.

DM

[View Quote]

syntax

Feb 8, 2006, 12:02am
If you are going to start a wiki, it takes a lot of care and feeding if you
are going to make it successful or worth while. ;)
--
Syntax | www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

tart sugar

Feb 8, 2006, 1:58pm
Is that why my pet rock died???
*sniffle*

[View Quote]

gnu32

Feb 8, 2006, 3:03pm
You know limewater and chalk rock don't mix well =P

[View Quote]

tart sugar

Feb 8, 2006, 3:38pm
It was chalk rock???
No wonder it had a funny accent.

; )

[View Quote]

gnu32

Feb 8, 2006, 9:22pm
*tackle*

http://wiki.simplaza.net
I'm sure the community can contribute. I will of course, and heck i'm
even doing french translations for it. Thats how dedicated i'm going to
be with it.

[View Quote]

syntax

Feb 9, 2006, 7:56pm
See, now we have like 2 of 'em up. No one will know what one to use. :P
Something like this takes p l a n n i n g with a group of people willing
to make one main one.
--
Syntax | www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 10, 2006, 12:29am
IMO whoever puts the most effort into getting a big head start with a bunch
of articles wins :P
People will join in if there's something to work off of. Its kinda like a
city in AW in a way :D