Sad news... (Community)

Sad news... // Community

1  |

lady nighthawk

Feb 6, 2005, 2:40am
We've lost another AW great, Energiser has passed away :o/ I don't have any
details, except that she had cancer, I'm not sure if this is what took her
or not.

Energiser was a pillar at awschool being a teacher there for many years. I
met her briefly when I first came to aw and she came to my aw lot and taught
me a few things ... she was particularily concerned about object overlap and
*flashing* (z-buffering) and made sure to help me learn how to avoid that. I
didn't know her well, but I knew her enough to care about her. I'm sure many
more of you knew her much better and this is indeed sad news for you :o/
There is a memorial build in Energiser's honor at

aw 8785.94S 970.09E 0.44a 90

If you are so inclined, go and leave a gift from your heart. If you need
more lots opened up please contact Elyk or tunablues as they are the ones
that set the area up.

God Bless you Energiser, Rest In Peace...

LNH

--

elyk

Feb 6, 2005, 3:22am
Energiser was truly a huge asset to the community and newcomers who
wanted to learn new things. She was one of AWSchool's best teachers
and a great friend to everyone. I remember when I came back to AW in
99 or so that she was one of the first people that was there to greet
you on her little sign-stoop in AWGate when you entered... I don't even
think she was a GK at the time or at all for that matter. Just goes to
show you that she was a person that took the time to get to know
everyone and spent a lot of her time helping everyone else. She will
be missed by everyone.

[View Quote]

qrv

Feb 6, 2005, 1:40pm
I didn't know Energiser but I passed on the news to someone I know who did
know her...MidniteBlu/RebeL 01. And this is what he emailed me back ...

"Oh no ! Energiser? Are you sure it's Energiser and not Energizer? Not that
I would wish death on him ...but with a Energiser AND a Energizer in AW, it
could easily be a mix up.
I don't know what to say...other than she was a friend. And will be truly
missed. I haven't chatted with her for in so long though : ( I met her when I
first came into AW in 2001. She showed me (a tourist), a genuine vr interest.
Back then she was a pk and a darn good one. She was caring towards all the
tourists/citizens and played the mother/ big sister role : ) I remember how I'd
ask her to 'teach' me to build and instead, I'd be playfully flirting with her
during the whole sessions lol She was always cool about it but kept her
professionalism! And she was a fun-loving exploring partner : ) She definitely
could display a mischievous behavior :D Oh! And she had a fondness for the heat,
the hotter the better lol so we would try to check out desert builds ; )
I miss her scolding me out for name changing so often ... :'(
I have no doubt that AW wasn't aware of her illness... she was a very
private person. I can't help but think... why does it take a tragedy to bring
out the good in people? We should always be willing to show another person
compassion and appreciation when they are still with us and able to know they
are cared about.
My sincere condolences to her rl husband and two sons/family/friends...and
to her vr friends/family."

lady nighthawk

Feb 6, 2005, 6:24pm
Sorry to say it IS Eneriser (with an *s*) :o/ The female one.

LNH

c p

lady barbara

Feb 7, 2005, 6:11am
Although I really didnt know Energiser very well, she was the first I
remember coming to my aid and teaching me the basics when I first came back
into AW in 2000 or 2001. She will be sorely missed. My condolences to her
family.

Warm regards,
Barbara Eisner
aka Lady Barbara

[View Quote]

facter

Feb 7, 2005, 11:46am
Fuk.

We're dropping like flies.

Thats terrible news :(

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Feb 9, 2005, 4:44am
This came to me in private email, I'm sure it was meant for entire NG under
this heading so I'm putting it here ... kellee, my sincere condolences to
you and Energiser's family!

Hiya Again Summer :o)

Could you post this on the Newsgroups under the thread entitled " Sad News"?

-

Energiser was more than just a great teacher and teamleader/senior teacher
in AWSchool. She was a caring PK and a senior member of G.E.T. going under
the name of Carol Clutter. Outside of Activeworlds she fitted in a job and
Motherhood, her son being the one that let me know of her passing, due to
cancer :o(

She was also one of my best friends in AW, understanding and consideration
for me when i lost my family and my dreams, and a pep talk when i considered
escape, then the bravery when her treatment caused hair loss and family
problems.

Energiser is irreplaceable, both as a very special person, and as one of
AW's best citizens.

kellee