info you find when bored.. (Community)

info you find when bored.. // Community

1  |

alexthemartian

Sep 21, 2004, 9:20pm
Activeworlds Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Hi-G-Tek...
http://app.quotemedia.com/quotetools/newsItem.htm?storyId=1152261&topic=AWLD
september 9th

and click on 1 Mo in that chart in the upper right of page, and you see the
stock went from 0.6 or 0.7 the day this happened, to above 2.0 today..

.... what in the world is Hi-G-Tek?? and what ever came from "Activeworlds
Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire NetBroadcaster.com"?? .. a streaming media
site.. aw has streaming media.. shoudnt i see a connection here? going to
NetBroadcaster.com i would not even known AW had any connection to it =\

alexthemartian

Sep 21, 2004, 9:24pm
also note that is the first time in almost 2 years it gone up to 2.0

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Sep 21, 2004, 10:17pm
Well it makes no difference to us... AWC, the ones with the AWLD stock
quote, has nothing to do with AWI or AW anymore.

[View Quote]

c p

Sep 21, 2004, 10:26pm
i think you got it backwards :) read the awnews.com article again
[View Quote]

rossyboy

Sep 21, 2004, 10:32pm
Um, no...

I think you'll find that:
AWI: Owns the Active Worlds Universe
AWC: Is the company on the stock market as AWLD

[View Quote] > i think you got it backwards :) read the awnews.com article again
[View Quote]

legion

Sep 21, 2004, 11:58pm
Rossyboy is correct. The Activeworlds Inc. is totally separate from that of
Activeworlds Corporation. Activeworlds Corporation was totally a empty
nutshell after its only subsidary, Activeworlds Inc., which operates all of
the business associated with Active Worlds and related was sold to Rick Noll
and JP McCormick. So therefore, the article mentioned above was referring to
Activeworlds Corporation which is still a corporation while Activeworlds
Inc. is a privately-owned business today. In conclusion, there are two
things to conclude: first, Activeworlds Corporation has signed a letter of
intent to merge with that particular company mentioned in that article
above. Second, do your own research before you make post (and, eventually,
judgement) like this.

--
Legion
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Sep 22, 2004, 3:25am
my god.. do my own research.. gez.. i dont like being talked to like a
newbie.. but yeah i should read awnews website more O_o my bad.

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Sep 22, 2004, 3:28am
i didnt make a judgement.. i asked questions. and they were answered..
kida.. well now i know.

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Sep 22, 2004, 1:45pm
However, it's interesting to see that the shell of AWC is now trying to
make something of itself. We should all hope that the shareholders in
AWC make a profit - after all, without them, we wouldn't have AW today.

[View Quote]

legion

Sep 22, 2004, 2:37pm
Um, it was the shareholder who WANTED the Activeworlds Corporation to sell
off their Active Worlds business to Rick Noll and JP McCormick simply
because they didn't think Active Worlds business is good for making money.
So it's pretty much that the shareholders are far more GREEDY than Rick and
JP, thus prompting them to sell off Activeworlds business off and forget
about it because it doesn't just make lot of money. It's good thing Active
Worlds are back in Rick and JP's hand since Rick has been in AW since 1995
and JP in 1998 and they knew exactly how much Active Worlds has to offer
whereas shareholders has no clue what the hell Active Worlds is. In other
word, it's back in hands of our folks. Besides, wasn't the shareholder the
reason Maxis, the maker of SimCity and The Sims games, sold to Electronic
Arts simply because they were good business but failing because of bad
managment pressured by shareholders to make more money which resulted in
productions of various games that failed to generate significant profits and
et cetera. See http://www.gamespot.com/features/maxis/index.html for more
information about Maxis history. Shareholders are the worst ones in the
company. ;)

--
Legion
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Sep 22, 2004, 6:06pm
Oh I KNOW, but they provided the money.

[View Quote]

vera

Sep 23, 2004, 11:37am
--------------6756F33EB167319C5BB2A453

Hey legion you are doing your home work huh!!!!!!!!!!!!! mamma mia:)

[View Quote] > Um, it was the shareholder who WANTED the Activeworlds Corporation to sell

[View Quote] --------------6756F33EB167319C5BB2A453

Hey legion you are doing your home work huh!!!!!!!!!!!!! mamma mia:)
[View Quote] --------------6756F33EB167319C5BB2A453--

e n z o

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4A171.228C8F70

Congrats to anyone who didn't sell their stock at the lowest!

[View Quote] Um, it was the shareholder who WANTED the Activeworlds Corporation =
to sell=20
off their Active Worlds business to Rick Noll and JP McCormick =
simply=20
because they didn't think Active Worlds business is good for making =
money.=20
So it's pretty much that the shareholders are far more GREEDY than =
Rick and=20
JP, thus prompting them to sell off Activeworlds business off and =
forget=20
about it because it doesn't just make lot of money. It's good thing =
Active=20
Worlds are back in Rick and JP's hand since Rick has been in AW =
since 1995=20
and JP in 1998 and they knew exactly how much Active Worlds has to =
offer=20
whereas shareholders has no clue what the hell Active Worlds is. In =
other=20
word, it's back in hands of our folks. Besides, wasn't the =
shareholder the=20
reason Maxis, the maker of SimCity and The Sims games, sold to =
Electronic=20
Arts simply because they were good business but failing because of =
bad=20
managment pressured by shareholders to make more money which =
resulted in=20
productions of various games that failed to generate significant =
profits and=20
et cetera. See http://www.gamespot.com/features/maxis/index.html for =
more=20
information about Maxis history. Shareholders are the worst ones in =
the=20
company. ;)=20
--=20
Legion=20
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld=20

[View Quote] >=20
=
topic=20
=3DA=20
and you=20
above 2.0=20

a=20
connection=20
any=20

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4A171.228C8F70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Congrats to anyone who didn't sell their stock at =
the=20
lowest!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>E</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"vera" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:pove at rcn.com">pove at rcn.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:4152CC69.64019279 at rcn.com">news:4152CC69.64019279 at rcn.com</A=
>...</DIV>Hey=20
legion you are doing your home work huh!!!!!!!!!!!!! mamma mia:)=20
[View Quote] <BR>reason Maxis, the maker of SimCity and The Sims games, sold to=20
Electronic <BR>Arts simply because they were good business but =
failing=20
because of bad <BR>managment pressured by shareholders to make more =
money=20
which resulted in <BR>productions of various games that failed to =
generate=20
significant profits and <BR>et cetera. See <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.gamespot.com/features/maxis/index.html">http://www.gam=
espot.com/features/maxis/index.html</A>=20
for more <BR>information about Maxis history. Shareholders are the =
worst=20
ones in the <BR>company. ;)=20
<P>-- <BR>Legion <BR>Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, =
Alphaworld=20
[View Quote] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;going to NetBroadcaster.com i would not =
even=20
known AW had any <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;connection =
<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;to it =3D\ <BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;=20
&gt;</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4A171.228C8F70--

alphabit phalpha

Sep 23, 2004, 5:58pm
We still have ours and don't plan on selling until it is at $1,000.00 per
share....lol

[View Quote] E

c p

Sep 23, 2004, 9:44pm
yeah but its not ACTIVEWORLDS :(, its AWCo :(((( so we wouldnt own part of e
n z o's soul alpha!!!!! *crys*
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 23, 2004, 11:21pm
Ahhhhh...hadn't thought about that...lol
Why the heck would I want E N Z O's soul??????!!!!!
Hehehehe...too funny:)

[View Quote]

c p

Sep 24, 2004, 7:17pm
well ummmm...errrrrrr.....so you can send him little mind thoughts saying
"add new features"...or "give Alpha a raise" 0/hr isnt very much these days
>_<
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 24, 2004, 9:05pm
Awww...thanks for the thought sweetie...but it's really not the money that's
important:)

[View Quote]

legion

Sep 24, 2004, 9:07pm
In other words, Bits is a volunteer. ;)

--
Legion
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld

[View Quote]

c p

Sep 24, 2004, 9:27pm
thanks Cap'n.........