Active Worlds Medias (Community)

Active Worlds Medias // Community

1  |

weizer

Aug 31, 2004, 11:47pm
Hi all !

Since I am the media director of the Cy Awards, I need an updated list of
all the medias in the AW universe, so instead of doing a private list for
me, I thought about making a website containing all the medias in AW
including TV stations, radio stations and papers. You could also find there
some info about these medias, like how to watch it, their official website,
etc... and maybe how to make your own TV Station and stuff like that...

Before I get started, I need to know all of them. I already made a list of
the stations I know with few informations, located on
http://www.aw-unreal.com/files/awmedias.htm

I would like you to check it out, and report me any mistakes or innacurate
information. Also, if you know an AW media which is not listed or you have
additionnal information about one of them, please let me know and I'll add
them.

Thank you,

Weizer #332602
gsoucis at magma.ca

c p

Sep 1, 2004, 1:40am
thanks here's some info bout awtn.

AWTN is a subsidiary of AWTeen Broadcasting (AWTB) Which is awteen's media
corporation, it is made up of AWTeen Networks (AWTN), AWTeen's television,
and movies, AWTeen Radio (AWTR), AWTeen's Radio's (midi and mp3/wav), as wel
las our dj's and the AWTeen Post (AWTP), AWTeen's Newspaper, E-zine, and
newsletters as well as a possible r/l newsletter or magazine in the future?

that's prettymuch everything, our website is www.awteen.com , our subfolder
to watch the AWTN is www.awteen.com/awtb update=5, besides that not much to
be said rightnow, expect allot in the future.
[View Quote]

pc hamster

Sep 2, 2004, 7:25am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I tried plugging AWTB into a TV object, but all I saw on there was snow.
:-(

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/
HAMSTERVILLE GROUND ZERO - AW 5029N 500E (NEW COORDINATES!!!)

c p

Sep 2, 2004, 7:16pm
I know why! cuz we deleted our entire folder to start fresh :)

How could you forget the one that started it all?! :)

Active Worlds Radio (AWRadio)

http://www.awradio.com
activate url http://awradio.mine.nu:8200
Owners:
Archergirl (#324219)
LdyMagick (not sure of the cit num)

[View Quote] > Hi all !

> Since I am the media director of the Cy Awards, I need an updated list of
> all the medias in the AW universe, so instead of doing a private list for
> me, I thought about making a website containing all the medias in AW
> including TV stations, radio stations and papers. You could also find there
> some info about these medias, like how to watch it, their official website,
> etc... and maybe how to make your own TV Station and stuff like that...
>
> Before I get started, I need to know all of them. I already made a list of
> the stations I know with few informations, located on
> http://www.aw-unreal.com/files/awmedias.htm
>
> I would like you to check it out, and report me any mistakes or innacurate
> information. Also, if you know an AW media which is not listed or you have
> additionnal information about one of them, please let me know and I'll add
> them.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Weizer #332602
> gsoucis at magma.ca

rossyboy

Sep 2, 2004, 10:30pm
You don't count unless you pay the artists :¬P

j/k

[View Quote] > How could you forget the one that started it all?! :)

> Active Worlds Radio (AWRadio)
>
> http://www.awradio.com
> activate url http://awradio.mine.nu:8200
> Owners:
> Archergirl (#324219)
> LdyMagick (not sure of the cit num)

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Sep 2, 2004, 11:12pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Not to mention THESE gems....

UETV:
=====

Owner: Panther1403
Website: http://aawr.net/
TV Action Command: create picture aawr.net/uetv.php update=10

FBSTV:
======

Owner: Flashbackstudios
Website: UNKNOWN
TV Action Command: create picture windmillent.com/fbstv.php update=10

ABN (the grand-daddy of ALL VRTV):
===========================

Owner: Brock (??)
Website: http://abn.ablivion.net
TV Action Command: create picture abn.ablivion.net/tv.jpg update=10

DSTV:
=====

Owner: Ry
Website: http://www.dstvworld.com/
TV Action Command: create picture dstvworld.com/dstvshow/dstv update=10

DSTV 2:
======

Owner & Website same as DSTV
TV Action Command: create picture dstvworld.com/dstvshow/dstv2 update=10

I could see missing UETV & FBSTV because they don't exactly bring in top
notch AW entertainment like VWTV does and CTV tends to do, but HOW could you
miss ABN???? :-) *Razz* *Razz*

I mean, wasn't ABN like THE place to turn to before XEON came along (and
ultimately went)?

And I bet if could ever find that directory that (I think) Pineriver was
working on before the old CTV went by way of the virtual dinosaur, I bet I
could come with a few others too (DFTV comes to mind here, but I dunno who
owns it or if it's even still on the air now).

Just a few more for your collection :-)

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/
HAMSTERVILLE GROUND ZERO - AW 5029N 500E (NEW COORDINATES!!!)

pc hamster

Sep 2, 2004, 11:17pm
Hi everyone:

And while we're on the subject here....

WHAT is KSGTV doing showing an old version of "TrueVote", which is now on
CTV-WindStar (PTV to be more precise). There's even a small CTV watermark
in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

Don't believe me? Check it out...

create picture members.lycos.co.uk/ksgtv/index.php update=10

c p

Sep 3, 2004, 2:07pm
<---takes offence in you saying vwtv is topnotch, whereas in reality they
haven't updated for over 4 months....
[View Quote]

rossyboy

Sep 3, 2004, 6:07pm
Um, try watching it once in a while. The new management has updated it
twice since then, I believe...

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Sep 3, 2004, 6:08pm
When the original CTV closed, they released their old show archive out
to everyone. I'm pretty sure they also included permission to
rebroadcast them.

[View Quote] > Hi everyone:

> And while we're on the subject here....
>
> WHAT is KSGTV doing showing an old version of "TrueVote", which is now on
> CTV-WindStar (PTV to be more precise). There's even a small CTV watermark
> in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
>
> Don't believe me? Check it out...
>
> create picture members.lycos.co.uk/ksgtv/index.php update=10

weizer

Sep 3, 2004, 8:01pm
The AWNews website mentions AWTP means AWTeen Press.... is it "press" or
"post" ?

Weizer

"c p" <chris101d at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de
news:41354491$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> thanks here's some info bout awtn.
>
> AWTN is a subsidiary of AWTeen Broadcasting (AWTB) Which is awteen's media
> corporation, it is made up of AWTeen Networks (AWTN), AWTeen's television,
> and movies, AWTeen Radio (AWTR), AWTeen's Radio's (midi and mp3/wav), as
wel
> las our dj's and the AWTeen Post (AWTP), AWTeen's Newspaper, E-zine, and
> newsletters as well as a possible r/l newsletter or magazine in the
future?

> that's prettymuch everything, our website is www.awteen.com , our
subfolder
> to watch the AWTN is www.awteen.com/awtb update=5, besides that not much
> be said rightnow, expect allot in the future.
[View Quote]

king small guy

Sep 4, 2004, 12:34am
I have TrueVote on KSGTV because its the only show i have because i dont
have time to make any at the moment

All CTV shows can be used by anyone.

Also i filmed that show for CTV so i have it un-edited i just thought why
not?

--
Ksg Ind
[View Quote]

c p

Sep 4, 2004, 1:45am
AWTeen Press :) is the bigger The AWTeen post is the digital newspaper lol
[View Quote]

pc hamster

Sep 6, 2004, 9:29pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Not only that, but WHEN was THE LAST time you saw AWEC or the Cys on DSTV?
How 'bout CTV? How 'bout ABN (this had to be A _LONG_ time ago - IF it ever
happened at all)?

NO ONE provides coverage OF ANY KIND for these events EXCEPT VWTV.
Heck...The other networks don't even provide UNOFFICIAL coverage (let alone
official coverage).

I will say this much....Brock may be a pain in the ass sometimes (not to
mention an asshole) but he DID help build VWTV into the network it is today.
This is to his credit. :-)

That said though, he's gonna have a hard time trying to bring those same
events over to ABN. But what the heck...

If ABC can snatch the national broadcast rights to NBA games like they did a
couple years ago and if Fox can do the same with the rights to NFC games in
the NFL from CBS some several years before that, then I suppose ANYTHING is
possible. :-)

BTW CP....How come you quoted ME in your response below? I didn't even
mention VWTV. I'm leaving the rest of the message intact for your
reference. :-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/
HAMSTERVILLE GROUND ZERO - AW 5029N 500E (NEW COORDINATES!!!)

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Sep 9, 2004, 4:46pm
Hi everyone:

Has CTV gone by the wayside in lieu of sister network PTV? Noticed this
while catching up on the latest VRTV stuff today.

Just wondering....

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/
HAMSTERVILLE GROUND ZERO - AW 5029N 500E (NEW COORDINATES!!!)

P.S.: FYI...The PTV website is also down except for the Geocities page.
Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong URL?

weizer

Sep 9, 2004, 11:22pm
Thank you all for your help and the great information your provided me. The
list is now updated. I will post a message in this NG when the website is
done.

http://www.aw-unreal.com/files/awmedias.htm

Weizer

news:41352a4a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...