They tie the Knot in Massachusetts... (Community)

They tie the Knot in Massachusetts... // Community

1  2  3  |

wizard myrddin

May 18, 2004, 2:40pm
But as aw themselves state discrimination in their terms means:
"Activeworlds Inc. does not discriminate based on sex, age, gender,
sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion or socio-economic
status.
"

I'm sure the protagonists and follow up postings are expressing a opinion in
relation to their religion and their own faith. Say for instance a person
followed the re incarnation on the profit Myrddin and in that faith which is
protected under the USA constitution as freedom to practice ones own faith
it said marriage between opposite sexes was forbidden and a Activeworlds
member posted that they where about to marry a person of the opposite sex.
Given this information another member posted they thought under there faith
it was disgusting act, that is their opinion and are free to say so. indeed
is protected to say so under the USA constitution.

I have seen no bigotry in this thread just one posting that is vulgar.
Indeed if anyone was considering that perhaps Linn was been anti gay I would
ask you this question. Why would anyone that is said to be bigoted and anti
gay have and produce a greeting card site in aw for gay people?

If one cannot express ones faith among friends is a sorry day.

[View Quote]

c p

May 18, 2004, 5:43pm
seiya is the most religous person iv ever met, yet no offsense to him/her i
bet yopu beyond all things the "god" you speak of accepts her/him, seiya can
be nice if you get to know her/him, but yeah theres that sexuality thign
there, yet he/she accredits her buidls to god! now cmon you cant get mroe
religous thanthat
[View Quote]

c p

May 18, 2004, 5:55pm
First off

People will be gay no matter what, being immature and pleading ignorance to
it is just wrong, people like you who say jaguar
"I'm working on it. Being in 7th grade, I haven't learned everything......."

well yah know what I guarantee you at LEAST 5 people from your 7th grade
class (grade) are gay...or bisexual. You know what you may say nu uh no way
now but you yourself may be included in that.

I see gay marriage as a good thing, I think its WRONG to disallow gay
marriage, the president says its wrong and against the bible, but our own
damn constitution pleads separation of church and state. well that's just
ironic to me...

people say its wrong, god doesn't want it, well their not getting married in
a church their getting married in town hall.

gays are people too, why should we refuse them (sorry for calling gay people
them) the right to marriage, its wrong two men or two women can live
together in a house and be gay together, but as far as most states see it,
their just roommates, however its more so appropriate for them to get tax
benefits, and such just as much as a married couple.

its wrong, god doesn't want it, boo hoo...people like that don't realize
that just because someone prefers men or woman that they are still a person.
yes they may not be able to have a child, yes it may be "un natural", In the
sense that they cant procreate, but think about it maybe our society is at
the point past evolution where meiosis, to create variations within a
population is just a thing of the past, what if gays are an outcry of
evolution?

well anyway, saying eww your gay, or fag, or derogatory terms is just wrong.

(want to guess where I live)

yours truly

C P (350959)

-TTV-
-AWPromo-
-AWTTR-
-awt media-
[View Quote]

xelag

May 18, 2004, 5:55pm
Sure WM:

L: and now some of us can go throw up

L: unless of course you believe in God :-)

Replying to: I actually kind of agree....not that you guys are kids
for your opinions, but I think anyone has the right to get married if
they want to. (Meaning..human beings / adults...NOT adults and
children or adults and animals... those are a means for mental therapy
right there.) If two women want to get married, that's their right,
no big deal. People shouldn't be judged just because they are gay. A
lot of people stereotype gays as being bad people and they aren't,
they are just like everyone else, except they have a different
sexuality.

L: I think it does belong here its part of the AW community but if
anyone is offended its not by what is said here but rather by their
own deeds......so don't blame those of us who have morals and good
values with what those ppl are doing.......

Me: so there is graphic disaproval (thow up), assertion that if you
believe in God you must disaprove, their deeds condemn them, and last
but not least, contrasting her good morals and good values versus the
people she pukes about.

Sure, say hello to gay people and other minorities, send them cards...
as long as they stay where they belong, accept they are inmoral and
godless? Great deal!

American constitution may say what it wants, I'm a European citizen. I
am familiar with the discussion of the pros and cons of same sex
unions, the discussion goes on not only in Massachussets, and we all
have different opinions about it. That is ok. What is not ok is
expressing opinions the way they have been in this thread. Does the
american constitution not protect against denigrating others?

Alex

On 18 May 2004 12:40:51 -0400, "wizard myrddin" <admin at heresilly.com>
[View Quote] >But as aw themselves state discrimination in their terms means:
>"Activeworlds Inc. does not discriminate based on sex, age, gender,
>sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion or socio-economic
>status.
>"
>
>I'm sure the protagonists and follow up postings are expressing a opinion in
>relation to their religion and their own faith. Say for instance a person
>followed the re incarnation on the profit Myrddin and in that faith which is
>protected under the USA constitution as freedom to practice ones own faith
>it said marriage between opposite sexes was forbidden and a Activeworlds
>member posted that they where about to marry a person of the opposite sex.
>Given this information another member posted they thought under there faith
>it was disgusting act, that is their opinion and are free to say so. indeed
>is protected to say so under the USA constitution.
>
>I have seen no bigotry in this thread just one posting that is vulgar.
>Indeed if anyone was considering that perhaps Linn was been anti gay I would
>ask you this question. Why would anyone that is said to be bigoted and anti
>gay have and produce a greeting card site in aw for gay people?
>
>If one cannot express ones faith among friends is a sorry day.

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

May 18, 2004, 6:46pm
Wasn't trying to be offensive..

If people in my grade (class) are bisexual or gay, I don't care, just let
them stay away from me is all I ask. I beleive in God, and the Ten
Commandments and all. C P I can guarantee that I will not be bisexual or gay
when I grow up, the exact opposite of you :)

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

linn

May 18, 2004, 6:49pm
doesn't matter if they get married in a church or a barn ........the
state and church separation thing IF you will read the constitution was for
the gov NOT to assign or force religious beliefs on ppl cause we had just
separated from England and didn't want it to be like they had
........geeezzzzz get the facts before you spout off

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

May 18, 2004, 6:51pm
Exactly. Thank you linn.

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

weizer

May 18, 2004, 7:38pm
QRV's post is really nice and I agree it has something to do with our
community, but some replies are quite offensive and rude, and these have
nothing to do with the community.

weizer

May 18, 2004, 7:41pm
Nothing against you or your post QRV :-)

-Weizer

(Sorry I accidentaly sent the previous post before it was done)
"weizer" <guillaume.soucis at vl.videotron.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:
40aa8260$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> QRV's post is really nice and I agree it has something to do with our
> community, but some replies are quite offensive and rude, and these have
> nothing to do with the community.

linn

May 18, 2004, 7:48pm
ooo right delete anything you don't want to hear LOL soooo silly

[View Quote]

weizer

May 18, 2004, 8:02pm
What is silly ? I respect others opinions. But there is a guidelines here,
and if we want this newsgroup to work fine, everybody must respect it, and
actually some people don't. That's all. You don't like or disagree with gay
marriage ? That's fine, nobody can blame you for that. You are rude and you
directly discriminate some users ? Then I think this is a good reason for
deleting this thread, before I turns into a insult war, that's it.

-Weizer

"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
40aa8496$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ooo right delete anything you don't want to hear LOL soooo silly

[View Quote]

linn

May 18, 2004, 8:08pm
the only time it turns into an insult war is when ppl as adults or children
cant have a discussion without flames then someone whines oh oh
delete!!! oh my goodness! thats what is silly

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

May 18, 2004, 8:17pm
I think the thread is interesting, as AW membership is made up from people
of all cultures and creeds the contrasting options in regards to their own
thoughts are interesting to read when not of that culture.

I would find words such as fagots, queers and shirt lifters highly
offensive. I have not seen any in this thread yet, just a difference of
thought.

Been blunt is a trait in some cultures. Perhaps a way to stop all these as
you mention "flames" is to delete the newsgroup once and for all. And leave
the world builders group accessible only to world owners.

As Enzo has mentioned on more then one time. If a thread is not to your
liking avoid it!

[View Quote]

weizer

May 18, 2004, 8:27pm
Ok, if you don't see anything rude here read every thread. I don,t care not
deletelting the thread at all, but things like :
"wizard myrddin" <admin at rdescape.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
40aa8b6e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I think the thread is interesting, as AW membership is made up from people
> of all cultures and creeds the contrasting options in regards to their own
> thoughts are interesting to read when not of that culture.
>
> I would find words such as fagots, queers and shirt lifters highly
> offensive. I have not seen any in this thread yet, just a difference of
> thought.
>
> Been blunt is a trait in some cultures. Perhaps a way to stop all these as
> you mention "flames" is to delete the newsgroup once and for all. And
leave
> the world builders group accessible only to world owners.
>
> As Enzo has mentioned on more then one time. If a thread is not to your
> liking avoid it!

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

May 18, 2004, 8:32pm
The only thing I have seen is the use of a F word. I do not discriminate if
someone does not use the right grammer or words in context, spelling or
whatever.

But from what I've seen over the years you get 10% good postings 60% flaming
and 30% community

linn

May 18, 2004, 9:04pm
to end this flame yall have going >>>>>IF and I repeat IF you want>>>>
Go to www.nogaymarriage.com and sign the petition supporting a federal
marriage amendment.

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

May 18, 2004, 9:28pm
WHAT A GOOD IDEA rofl

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

linn

May 18, 2004, 9:37pm
:-)

[View Quote]

bodhitah

May 18, 2004, 9:51pm
You are absolutely right Alex.

Fortunately most Americans are reasonable, conscientious citizens who
respect people's rights and privacies.

However there will always be some like Linn, who preach their religion when
it's not wanted and go on about how their morality is superior to others.

Personally I am greatly offended by people such as Linn. Her god offends me.
Her morality offends me and her hypocrisy astounds me.

But then again, her idiocy is entertaining to read on occasion.

But I will state here...If I hear her spouting her Christianity BS at AWGZ
again, I will seek sanctions against her.

[View Quote]

c p

May 18, 2004, 11:07pm
im not gay...

opposite of me would be gay, jaguar...
dot dot dot
[View Quote]

c p

May 18, 2004, 11:21pm
linn and jaguar, why do you hate gays? what is it abotuthem? what makes you
homophobic? just cuzxa guys gay dosnt mean he'll want you jaguar, same for
women and you linn. Gay peopel are peopel too and yah know what iv seen pics
of you jag, and well theyspeak for themselves...

ok enough of my minor insults, just tell me WHAT is it that you see so wrong
about it? why cant gay ppl get married? and you said it was so state
coiuldnt control church, well its NOT a one way street church cant influence
state, america accepts ALL faiths, denominations, crede, and color. Now if
your too narrow minded to see it then enough is enough...

iv seen peopel not supportign it, but if it makes soemoen happy why
shouldntthey be allowed??

ppl always jump to well if we let gays get married then whats next cats? you
see cats cant say I do, oh and no parrot remarks please...animals dont have
the capacity to accept and denoucne marraiage, if you get me a dog that has
a well state of mind, and can tell me its name, age, and personal info o na
marriage certificate il llet you marry it. But so what if bob and joe down
the street want to get amrried, why should they be denied a family?

and why should narrowmidned people who have yet to give a reason beside god,
who as science develops is beign proven more and more non-existant.

In the scientific revolution of Europe, the new heliocentric theorywas
developed, the church didnt liek this because it said god made the
earth the center of the universe (geocentric). well if thats true and god
put earth at the center, and we have documents and church papers that
showp this happened, and that god put earth at the center of the
universe. well its wrong, (well the sun isnt the center of the uni either
but in those days solarsystem=uni). so the church was
disproved, score one for aetheism..

ok i digress, anyway you see your church says this, god says that, views on
life are pitiful, and if you cant be openmidned enough to accept everyone,
and our nation dosnt go free, then i dont know if i want to grow up and see
the world, and have children born unto a society like this...

and i challenge you to tell me negative side effects of gay marriage? more
taxes payed by the married gays to state? People being happy! oh no!, oh and
biggots losing power, gosh darned it, oh and its not a negative side effect
that you think tis Nasty, and icky

oh btw congratulatiosn for reading this far, and if you read my other post,
you get a cookie!

:-)

C P (350959)

ditto
[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

May 18, 2004, 11:39pm
Is there something wrong with my picture C P? O_O

I'll stop posting about gays are wrong and flaming. Sorry for all who I
offended.

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

weizer

May 19, 2004, 12:46am
Sorry again, I accidentaly did CTRL+Enter and immediatly had to leave for a
concert... BTW does anyone know how to disable this in OE ?

So, like I was saying, things like :

"hey u loser, fuck off and die in hell u worthless piece of shit, u r
UNWANTED here, we've been hearing ur bullshit for long enough! and dont even
bother replying with one of ur cheap attack attempts cuz that will make u
even more look like the worthless rotten dog u r, better cancel that cit u
use and get the fuck outta aw, dipshit!"

or "you, a seeminly simple minded fool." can be very good examples of what I
consider offensive and rude. If you prefer, I could have asked to delete
only these kind of posts since I don't care about the others, but I don't
think people will stop so I thought that deleting the whole thread would
solve the problem :-)

-Weizer
"weizer" <guillaume.soucis at vl.videotron.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:
40aa8db9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ok, if you don't see anything rude here read every thread. I don,t care
not
> deletelting the thread at all, but things like :
> "wizard myrddin" <admin at rdescape.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 40aa8b6e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
people
own
as
> leave
it,
> with
> and
reason
silly
> message
> with

zeofatex

May 19, 2004, 8:57am
We still don't know who you're talking about o_O

[View Quote]

caseyangel

May 19, 2004, 9:39am
[View Quote] no it's not. ask him who the two men are that he is 'congratulating' .

who are they? :)

-SWE

wait, enzo and chronics? :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

linn

May 19, 2004, 4:13pm
show me where I preached in the AWGZ just show me!!! and I did NOT
preach my religion here either IF you can understand what I wrote !!!

[View Quote]

bodhitah

May 19, 2004, 4:56pm
I apologize Miss Ainsworth, you're right, I mistakenly saw an arguement
between INHK and LizLiz in GZ and thought it was you because of the
argumentative nature of the conversation. My Bad!!
Although the NGs ARE littered with your baseless morality speeches and
your "better than thou" attitude.
I will admit fault where I am wrong unlike some.
[View Quote]

linn

May 19, 2004, 5:08pm
thanks :-) and I do believe I have stated my beliefs and said IF where
necessary if not I apologize I never push my religion onto others although
I will stand my ground in my beliefs ...apology accepted :-) do you
know Lotto?

[View Quote]

1  2  3  |