Cy Awards VRTV Coverage (Community)

Cy Awards VRTV Coverage // Community

1  |

pc hamster

May 16, 2004, 4:28pm
Hi everyone:

Who all, besides VWTV, is planning to provide coverage OF ANY KIND on the
22nd? I know that VWTV is providing coverage of the ceremony itself, but
I'd like to know who's providing other related coverage as well.

One of the reasons I ask is because I thought I'd make use of Hamsterville's
three parks as a gathering places so that the Cy Awards World isn't crowded
with so many people who aren't there for the ceremony itself. :-)

This will be a multi-venue event. The venues I have in mind are.....

CEDAR LAKE PARK (next to Cheers) - AW 5027N 404E (yes Cheers will be
finished by then)

TOWN SQUARE PARK (across from Madison High School) - AW 5004N 224E (near the
free speech staging area)

EMBASSY PARK (across from the Riverside Expressway) - AW 5075N 53E

All the venues will be open for anyone to join in on the fun. :-) There'll
be viewers tuned in to ALL the networks at all three parks.

While there, people can use this opportunity to find a place to call home in
Hamsterville and build too. :-)

Plans are already being made by yours truly. :-)

Alpha, OneSummer, please feel free to pass this along. :-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
WEBSITE - http://hamsterville.tripod.com/

P.S.: Does anyone have the URL to the new VRTV directory? I lost all my IE
bookmarks due to a Hard Drive replacement and I just got back online (the
old HD had Windows on it).

weizer

May 16, 2004, 8:54pm
Official Cy Awards sponsors at http://www.geocities.com/weizer75/media.htm

Only VWTV does the LIVE broadcasting.

-Weizer

"pc hamster" <pchamster at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40a7b2c2$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi everyone:
>
> Who all, besides VWTV, is planning to provide coverage OF ANY KIND on the
> 22nd? I know that VWTV is providing coverage of the ceremony itself, but
> I'd like to know who's providing other related coverage as well.
>
> One of the reasons I ask is because I thought I'd make use of
Hamsterville's
> three parks as a gathering places so that the Cy Awards World isn't
crowded
> with so many people who aren't there for the ceremony itself. :-)
>
> This will be a multi-venue event. The venues I have in mind are.....
>
> CEDAR LAKE PARK (next to Cheers) - AW 5027N 404E (yes Cheers will be
> finished by then)
>
> TOWN SQUARE PARK (across from Madison High School) - AW 5004N 224E (near
the
> free speech staging area)
>
> EMBASSY PARK (across from the Riverside Expressway) - AW 5075N 53E
>
> All the venues will be open for anyone to join in on the fun. :-)
There'll
> be viewers tuned in to ALL the networks at all three parks.
>
> While there, people can use this opportunity to find a place to call home
in
> Hamsterville and build too. :-)
>
> Plans are already being made by yours truly. :-)
>
> Alpha, OneSummer, please feel free to pass this along. :-)
>
> Cheers for now everyone :-)
>
> PC Hamster
> Mayor - City of Hamsterville
> Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
> WEBSITE - http://hamsterville.tripod.com/
>
> P.S.: Does anyone have the URL to the new VRTV directory? I lost all my
IE
> bookmarks due to a Hard Drive replacement and I just got back online (the
> old HD had Windows on it).

c p

May 16, 2004, 10:01pm
only vwtv? what happened to ttv??? we had cameramen lined up 0_0 i went to
all the meetigns and that was my understanding...
[View Quote]

ferruccio

May 16, 2004, 11:02pm
Considering the lack of people in active worlds as it is, I doubt they will
need to spill out into the parks you made :-)

I doubt there will even be enough people to fill up the maximum user limit
of the world :-)

weizer

May 17, 2004, 1:22am
C P, this is the last news I had from you about TTV :

"Dear AW Community,
After my years of joy on AW, I regret to inform everyone that I am
leaving. My school grades are going down, and my parents feel it best that I
focus my efforts on my studies. I am leaving for a period of about four
months. I know to me it will seam like forever. But I must leave.

I first came to AW back a while ago and was a tourist for what seamed
like forever, I got my first cit, and was greatly pleased with the features
of the program. over the years iv done so much stuff and I now love this
place more than anything in the world.

I also want you all to know any projects such as TTV, AWPromo, and such
ill try to work on from outside of AW, but I am trying to get a friend to
take temporary leadership over TTV for me.

I hope my citizen doesn't expire and become NAC. But I will try to hurry
back and get my grades up.

Thanks a bunch AW, Ill miss ALL of you (yes even strike rapier, Brock, and
my old rivals)
C P,Crazy PiLLs, CrAzY PiLLs, Yami Trunks, "Trunks", Chris,

:-("

I think we should communicate via e-mail, since the rest of the community is
not involved in this. guillaume.soucis at vl.videotron.ca

-Weizer

"c p" <chris101d at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40a800df$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> only vwtv? what happened to ttv??? we had cameramen lined up 0_0 i went to
> all the meetigns and that was my understanding...
[View Quote]

pc hamster

May 17, 2004, 5:05pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Perhaps, but weren't there unofficial Cy Awards parties on other worlds than
cyawards in years past? I think I seem to recall one on AW GZ last time the
Cys were held.

Then again, I could be mistaken on that. :-)

As for the VRTV coverage, I know VWTV is the official network and has been
for the last few years. But didn't CTV have some type of pre and post
ceremony coverage similar to the "red carpet arrivals" before the show and
press conferences after the show (like what you would see on Oscar Night)
along with VWTV? I seemingly recall CTV planning to provide something like
this last year before the Cys were cancelled altogether last year.

As was kinda thinking that either FBS or (most likely) DSTV would do
something similar to what CTV had planned last year this time around.
Perhaps someone from either/both of those networks could advise us on this?
(looking at Ry from Ocean City).

If there IS going to be such coverage planned, I could REALLY make it a
party atmosphere (especially with music from ActiveWorlds Radio thrown in)
:-)

Anyhow...It's just a thought. :-)

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/

alexthemartian

May 17, 2004, 7:34pm
well that didnt work out, lol. blame him for not announcing his comeback
(or did he even leave? O_o)

[View Quote]

c p

May 18, 2004, 5:37pm
oh I left all right :-) I left yup, but as the letter explains I didn't
LEAVE but rather coming on a bit, and that was 12 days before I expired,
its like 3 months later now, math anyone???

XD

[View Quote]

weizer

May 18, 2004, 7:51pm
Yes, there are still unofficial Cy Awards parties on other world than
CyAwards.

Regarding DSTV and FBS, I never heard of these stations. If they were
supposed to do something, they would have advised me. And BTW since
Pineriver left AW :-( , CTV, if it still exists, is not affiliated with the
Cys

-Weizer

"pc hamster" <pchamster at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40a90cf3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi everyone:

[View Quote]

pc hamster

May 18, 2004, 8:21pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] This is what I'm planning. :-) Only difference is I'll have virtual
JumboTrons tuned into VWTV and its coverage of the Cys as well as any other
network providing whatever unofficial "red carpet" coverage they may be
providing.

> Regarding DSTV and FBS, I never heard of these stations. If they were
> supposed to do something, they would have advised me.

DSTV is Ry's network (or at least it's tied in with Ocean City). FBS is
more commonly known as FBStv or something like that. There WAS a rumor (at
least amongst the UETV crowd) that UETV was going to take over FBStv, but
apparently that's all it was. Just a rumor.

> And BTW since Pineriver left AW :-( , CTV, if it still exists, is not
affiliated with the
> Cys

I know Pineriver took CTV off the air(and it was never affiliated with the
Cys), but I didn't know he also left AW. Last I heard was that he was still
going to remain a cit, but he just didn't have the time to keep CTV going
with current shows, which was one of the reasons why he took CTV off the
air.

Anyhow, if anyone has the new VRTV directory URL that Pineriver put together
a few months back, I'd sure appreciate it if it was posted. I'd hate to
have to Google it and wind up getting the old old one (that thing is SO OUT
OF DATE).

Cheers for now :-)

ferruccio

May 18, 2004, 8:44pm
I have a question about the coords you posted. What is embassy park? As
far as I can see, it's just a field of grass surrounded by ancient builds
with expired picture URLs.

ferruccio

May 18, 2004, 8:48pm
I am also wondering where these names came from. Who named it embassy park?
I don't see any signs anywhere that call it embassy park.

c p

May 18, 2004, 11:23pm
DSTV is daystars network lol... DayStarTV

justa hint
[View Quote]

weizer

May 19, 2004, 12:53am
Well, CTV *used* to be affiliated with the Cys, since Pineriver left (or
just left the station, I don't know..)

Thanks for the info on the two stations :-)

-Weizer
"pc hamster" <pchamster at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40aa8c7f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi everyone:

[View Quote]

pc hamster

May 19, 2004, 2:10am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Actually the correct coords. are 5125N 53E. I made a mistake earlier.
Sorry 'bout that. :-(

I made a park out of it. Couldn't really do anything else with that area
with the river of water there. I also added a walkway and rows of trees at
the edges. :-) I then called it Embassy Park as it runs alongside Embassy
Avenue, which runs from 5100N from 0E to 272E. This is per the Yeti City
"Embassy Avenue" program. :-)

I'm planning to set up the Embassy Park Cy Awards party area somewhere
around 5125N in the park, but away from the street itself since the
Riverside Expressway is just on the other side. :-)

Wouldn't want anybody to get virtually hit by a virtual car, now would we?
:-)

The coords. for the other two parks are pretty much on target. :-)

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers for now :-).

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville