AwCreate // Sdk

1  |

thafrek 1@1.com

Jan 22, 2002, 11:49pm
Simple function, but not for one stupid as me.
It seems to run without errors to other hosts, but it doesn't actually
connect to them. Actually, it works in AW.

sdk.AwCreate "0", 0

Since it didn't work in other universes, I decided to try it in AW... and it
werked. Anyone know the problem?

-ThaFrek

doesn't werk:
sdk.AwCreate "1.1.1.1", 111

lord fett

Jan 22, 2002, 11:58pm
sdk.awcreate ("unihost", uniport)

Example:

Dim rc As Long
rc = sdk.AwCreate("host.dreamlandpark.com", 5780)
If rc Then MsgBox "Unable to create a bot (reason " & rc & ")"

The above is just an example on how to do it, I don't know the exact
information to connect to DreamLand Park.

If you leave it as 0, 0 then it will default to ActiveWorlds.

-Lord Fett

[View Quote]

thafrek 1@1.com

Jan 23, 2002, 7:46pm
Ok... I fixed my problem with not logging into universes... now it's not
showing up in my world. It logs in perfectly with no errors, but then
doesn't go anywhere after connection. Is there something I need to do
somewhere else in the coding to make it an existance, or to make it connect
to the world, (even though I took out the part from the LogBot sample to
connect to worlds)?

Anyone??

-ThaFrek

cozmo

Jan 23, 2002, 8:04pm
im pretty sure you have to update its position (coords and so on)

i dont know it off the top of my head though

Jan 25, 2002, 11:07am
'Read Start world
world = txtWorld.Text
'Bot Enters the world
rc = sdk.AwEnter(world)
If rc Then
MsgBox "Unable to enter " & world & " (reason " & rc & ")"
Exit Sub
End If

'Announce position in the world. Avatar coordinates are in centimeters.
'x coordinate specifies the avatar's position along the east/west axis,
'with west being positive.
sdk.AwMyX = Val(txtMyX.Text) * 1000
'The z coordinate specifies the avatar's position along the north/south
axis,
'with north being positive
sdk.AwMyZ = Val(txtMyZ.Text) * 1000
'The y coordinate specifies the avatar's elevation
sdk.AwMyY = Val(txtMyY.Text) * 1000
'Yaw is given in units of one tenth of a degree and can range in value from
_
'0 to 3599. A yaw of 0 is facing directly north, 900 is facing west, 1800 _
'is facing south, and 2700 is facing east
sdk.AwMyYaw = 0
'The avatar type is a zero-based index into the world's avatar list
sdk.AwMyType = txtMyType.Text

'Inform the server of your current state.
rc = sdk.AwStateChange
If rc Then
MsgBox "Unable to change state (reason " & rc & ")"
Exit Sub
Else
'Log bot entry in main text

MsgBox "(" & Time & ") succesfully logged into " & world
End If

End Sub

k, well u can thank KAH for that code :) well read it throw and understand
everything.

SWE
God created me with ignorance in mind :)
www.emptyco.com (the still empty site)

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Jan 25, 2002, 2:46pm
heh.. I have one that is easier to understand in my Bank Bot code, but I
can't find my Bank Bot code.. so it all evens out.

I think I have lost the Bank Bot code, which means I am in debt.. :-\

Ricky
[View Quote]

cozmo

Jan 25, 2002, 5:46pm
ya....thats it lol

BTW the base for my standard login code was written by Baron, and dates from
the VB sample project he posted that made me understand VB and SDK
programming :-)) Thanks Baron!

lol! so boran, who gave u that code?

SWE
God created me with ignorance in mind :)
www.emptyco.com (the still empty site)

[View Quote]

baron

Jan 26, 2002, 5:40am
Option Explicit

Dim Reply as String
' boran declared globally by swe

If boran = "Baron" then
Reply = "hehe noone actually, I wrote it from scratch so" _
& " that those starting with VB bots could have something" _
& " to start with, if they bothered checking past posts" _
& " that is. Nothing like a heavily commented example :)" _
& " For those interested, original post ID news:3a4dc8e5 at server1.Activeworlds.com "
Else
Reply = "wth is a boran?"
Exit Sub
End If

ok, calm down, relax, now stand up, move ur chair from behind u, and take
one step backwares, rotate 90 degrees, to what ever angle moves u around ur
desk, walk throw ur door, out the house door, and into the open world. now
get some freshair. and keep away from ur computer for abit lol, all that
programing got to u :)

SWE
God created me with ignorance in mind, and im thankful :)
www.emptyco.com (the still empty site, and prob will be for a while)

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Jan 27, 2002, 6:45pm
#include <iostream.h>
char a[]={22,6,-85,72,-7,21,-17,-69,65,-65,76,3,5,-84,
79,-9,-70,84,-11,4,-8,-69,84,-5,-79,87,-22,18,1,-15,
-57,-12,68,11,-1,-71,77,-84,89,-10,6,-54};
void main(){for(char i=89,j=0;a[j-2]!=-54;i+=a[j++])cout<<i;}

"baron" <pk39srt at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3c525d5e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Option Explicit
>
> Dim Reply as String
> ' boran declared globally by swe
>
> If boran = "Baron" then
> Reply = "hehe noone actually, I wrote it from scratch so" _
> & " that those starting with VB bots could have something" _
> & " to start with, if they bothered checking past posts" _
> & " that is. Nothing like a heavily commented example :)" _
> & " For those interested, original post ID news:3a4dc8e5 at server1.Activeworlds.com "
> Else
> Reply = "wth is a boran?"
> Exit Sub
> End If

lmao.. almost as much as you ;)

show off :) not like i cant do that, here look :

#include <iostream.h>
char a[]={22,6,-85,72,-7,21,-17,-69,65,-65,76,3,5,-84,
79,-9,-70,84,-11,4,-8,-69,84,-5,-79,87,-22,18,1,-15,
-57,-12,68,11,-1,-71,77,-84,89,-10,6,-54};
void main(){for(char i=89,j=0;a[j-2]!=-54;i+=a[j++])cout<<i;}

took a lot of coping and pasting, but in the end i did it. so what does that
mean anyway?

SWE
God created me with ignorance in mind :)
www.emptyco.com (the still empty site, and prob will be for a while)

LOL! now be nice :)

SWE
God created me with ignorance in mind :)
www.emptyco.com (the still empty site, and prob will be for a while)

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Jan 27, 2002, 8:23pm
"swe" <m_swehli at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3c54752e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> so what does that mean anyway?
Just compile it and run it :P

Fox Mc Cloud

baron

Jan 27, 2002, 8:41pm
Um cute but I don't get it...what wasted time are you talking about?

i would and all, but then theres something bout that " :P" that i dont
trust :) for all i know u could be a MS agent tring to get me to mess up my
one user liecense win XP so i have to get another one :) (forgot all the
info i wrote while registering)

SWE
God created me with ignorance in mind :)
www.emptyco.com (the still empty site, and prob will be for a while)

> i would and all, but then theres something bout that " :P" that i dont
> trust :) for all i know u could be a MS agent tring to get me to mess up
my
> one user liecense win XP so i have to get another one :) (forgot all the
> info i wrote while registering)

LoL it's funny. It's not our fault you bought XP either :P.

--Bowen--

foxmccloud

Jan 27, 2002, 8:48pm
The time spent writing a program instead of a simple, one-line answer :)

Fox Mc Cloud

"baron" <pk39srt at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3c548206$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Um cute but I don't get it...what wasted time are you talking about?

hey wasnt my fault! i asked my dad for it, since it looked cool on tv, and
he got me the home edition. but win xp isnt bad, atleast when it crashes u
dont accully relise( i could spend hours on the pc before relising my pc
accully crashed) hard to believe but true :) (lol, not really) well it
doesnt crash much, just gets really slow at times, even thought i have 512mb
ram(what can i say, rams cheap in libya)

SWE
God created me with ignorance in mind :)
www.emptyco.com (the still empty site, and prob will be for a while)

LOL! i complied it. and hes the one with alotof time to waste! lol!

[View Quote]

baron

Jan 27, 2002, 8:55pm
It didn't take more than one minute, hardly my definition of "wasted time". In fact it was a poor attempt of programming humor, much
like yours I guess :)

if it makes u feel any better i found it quiet amusing :). always nice to
know im not the only one whos bored outta his mind :)

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Jan 27, 2002, 8:59pm
Exactly :) along with a bit of irony as it took me a good half hour to get the numbers straight..... lol

Fox Mc Cloud