Video Flickering With DirectX 9 Beta.... (Community)

Video Flickering With DirectX 9 Beta.... // Community

1  |

pc hamster

Jul 25, 2003, 8:03pm
Hi everyone:

I just ran Windows Update yesterday and noticed there was a new version of
DirectX out (DirectX 9 Beta) and I now notice that the 3D Graphics pane in
the AW browser "flickers" every so often (this is especially true when I add
property and close the Object Properties box). The DirectX version I have
is 9.0b (4.09.0000.0002).

DXDiag doesn't detect anything wrong.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else notice this too or is it just me?

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamster Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

P.S.: This is with all three video modes too.

---

kf

Jul 25, 2003, 8:43pm
Even with 9.0a, the gesture buttons flickered when the world attributes
changed (you see it better when you change them every 5 seconds for
example), it might be something that needs to be addressed with the next
browser version.

[View Quote]

dlp anne

Jul 25, 2003, 8:56pm
I got that same update yesterday and I see no problems with it and don't get
the problem you get.
What are your system specs?

As for what kf said about the gesture buttons flickered when the world
attributes changed.
I always got that, I think it's just the browser updating itself for the
changes made in the world features, it has to refresh anything that deals
with the world your in.

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 25, 2003, 10:04pm
It's not beta btw, it's the third revision of DX9 (9.0 -> 9.0a, -> 9.0b)

DX9 has been outa beta for like half a year now ;D

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jul 25, 2003, 11:21pm
I got that windows update too, and afterwards, my computer has been
restarting itself and getting bluescreens all day.

r i c h a r d

Jul 25, 2003, 11:43pm
i use to get that it was a bad sound driver i had so it may be a driver
problem if ur on 2k/xp go to Control Panel > System > Advanced > Click
Settings in Start up and recovery uncheck Automatically restart and see what
the offending file is. On XP i had send error report about a critial system
error after rebooting i sent it and it returned the driver i needed. worked
fine ever since

ferruccio

Jul 25, 2003, 11:48pm
Well the problem is, I have had that "automatically restart" box unchecked
since I got this computer. something else is making the computer restart
itself

pc hamster

Jul 26, 2003, 6:33am
[View Quote] Windows XP Home Edition
512 MB RAM
ATI RADEON 700 with 32 MB Video RAM (Latest Drivers too).

But it's kinda odd as it seems to have resolved itself. Must've been an
adjustment thing or something. I double-checked to see if the monitor was
plugged in okay and aside from the screws being a *tad* loose, all was
normal there.

Whatever it was, it was REALLY weird. Hopefully it's just a fluke.

---

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> wrote in
news:3f21de05$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well the problem is, I have had that "automatically restart" box
> unchecked since I got this computer. something else is making the
> computer restart itself

Overheating can do it. And hey, you never know if the MS programmer are
checking the right registry entry to decide wether or not to reboot.