Yellow Community Leader! (Community)

Yellow Community Leader! // Community

1  2  |  

screb

Jul 23, 2003, 3:16pm
Today I saw the following at: http://www.activeworlds.com/worlds/yellow
Yellow Community Leader! The community team is looking for someone to help
organize events and activities in Yellow. If you're interested in this
position, please contact us at community at activeworlds.com .
More like the above is written there. Please explain to me why at first we
had this beautifull community alive there filled with many European and
Australian cits and tourists wich AW with its PK's all hunted out, till
Yellow became what it is now: a dead place.
AW left it there the way it is now for over a year, most of the old regular
Yellow cits did not renew and r gone now. Now suddenly AW is looking for a
new Community Leader for Yellow. Just get for example Radiance back and with
her the old cits... The community in Yellow will start flourish by itself
then again... AW, dive in ur archives, send the old ppl an e-mail, make an
offer they can't refuse otherwise I don't think its usefull to get yellow up
and running again. At least it will never be what it has been b4: the world
that made me and many others decide to become a cit, cause this world was
"different".
The great thing in Yellow was that it had this atmosphere wich was really
not US oriëntated. Not that narrowminded as some Americans seem to be (sorry
for this last line). Maybe it has been AWs policy to make AW real American
this last year, and I must say they almost succeeded. Its a pity tho since
AW used to have a much more diverse group of ppl in. For now AW does not get
my support on this one... sorry.

screb.

binarybud

Jul 23, 2003, 3:39pm
hmmm BB ponders hmmm I wonder what country Radiance is from? hmmmmm


[View Quote]

screb

Jul 23, 2003, 4:18pm
She was from the US yes... I just said many Europeans and Aussies. And she
is one of the examples of the great ppl from the US...

screb.

[View Quote]

baro

Jul 23, 2003, 4:44pm
I absolutely couldn't stand Yellow. Horrible looking world, terrible gz,
heck it was so poorly designed you started half way in the fireplace. One
of those anceint building disasters that was cherished simply for being
ancient. But that's not the point.

I remember a ton of my non-north american time zone friends would hang out
there. The main difference was that Yellow has CONVERSATION rather than the
banal might as well be a bot "chatting" you see at awgate like:

Has anyone seen my tourist friend?
Hey everyone!! :)
Hi so and so!
*Hugs* so and so :))))
How is everyone?
Has anyone seen my tourist friend?
How do I fly?
My kitty is cute :p
LOL
ur so funny!
Nice to see you again so and so! :)
ROFL YOU!!! :)) :P
Welcome to active worlds, here is a copied and pasted blurb which gives you
no real information or help.
ENZO IS GAY!!!!!11
Has anyone seen my tourist friend?
SHut Uup u faget!!
Hey guys, be nice :(

Seriously, 75% of the people at awgate and such could be replaced by a bot
most of the time.

and it seems the PK's and such HATED anything beyond such non-conversations.
I remember them complaining that they were ejected or threatened to be
ejected or just agressively told to change them topic if they ever had a
polite political or economic discussion. Basicaly from what they complained
to me, any time they went beyond saying hello and smilies, PK's would come
in and tell them to get back to mindless "chat", while everyone came there
to ESCAPE such things and actualy convey ideas. Sometimes they had orderly
debates, or really deep discussions, but as soon as anything got too good,
many times the PK would come in to "break it up"

Now Yellow is dead. I say good riddance to the world, but I really miss
having a place where there was a group of people who had the mental capacity
to say more than hello or talk about their kitty. I've always wanted to
build my world (Avatar) into a place like that (a place for fairly
unrestricted exchanges of ideas, not horrid objects textures and building
from the 4th layer of hell) but it's just so hard to get the "critical mass"
of a community together. ... and the fact that it shuts down when I go to
bed since I can't find a reliable free host....

Wow, that turned out not only long but stupid. Sorry.

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 4:49pm
I'll top post this since it's short... and everyone else has kittens
when I bottom post. (no pun intended)

Andras if free... there are a few others that are free as well (KAH,
although not that relaible when his connection shoots out for no reason :P )

[View Quote] --
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

binarybud

Jul 23, 2003, 5:12pm
Come on Baro.......you don't understand what the Gate is there for?. I thought you were quicker than that?
If you do not understand what AWGate is there for, how the hell can you criticize it?



[View Quote]

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 5:17pm
[View Quote] No. He's correct in his assumptions of what the gate is and should be
and what makes it bad currently.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

screb

Jul 23, 2003, 5:19pm
The gate should be an introduction to AW (I think).... Not sumfin like a
fake world wich does not show what the rest of AW is... Istead they r trying
to make the rest of AW look like AWGate... I think thats the wrong way
round...

screb.

[View Quote]

binarybud

Jul 23, 2003, 5:27pm
Neither of you two spend enough time at the gate to make ANY assumptions like this. Period.


[View Quote]

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 5:29pm
[View Quote] And your basing your assumption on that I talk all the time at the gate
when I'm there? Please. I lurk for a reason.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

screb

Jul 23, 2003, 5:30pm
Actualy I did spend quiet some time there lately... maybe at different times
than u, besides I don't talk there often cause no convo can be followed
between all this ((((((((hugging))))))) (wich I considder unwanted sexual
harrasment (thats a joke btw)) over there and GKs talking more than they
should be.

screb


[View Quote]

binarybud

Jul 23, 2003, 5:31pm
I'm not assuming anything .....your the one doing that. You do not even lurk at the gate enough to make these assumptions.
Go henpeck someone else for a while.



[View Quote]

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 5:33pm
[View Quote] Quickly, use your brain. How would you know I was there? If we agree
I'm lurking, you have no visual acknowledgement if I'm there or not.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 5:35pm
[View Quote] *claps* GK spam too, I almost forgot about that one. I assume you're
talking about the morphine-drip blibber blabber.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

screb

Jul 23, 2003, 5:39pm
hehe yeah... prolly we talk bout the same thing here... lol (wich is fun
here but not while u r in the Gate...)

screb...

[View Quote]

binarybud

Jul 23, 2003, 5:40pm
LOL i know Bowen i know...:)


[View Quote]

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 5:46pm
[View Quote] Game, set, and match. You've yet to show proof.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 5:48pm
[View Quote] It _changes_ now and again, without too much of a complaint from the
local denizens. At least you aren't _threatened_ from straying from
that mindless dribble drabble, here though. As long as you semi-make sense.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

binarybud

Jul 23, 2003, 6:22pm
I'm not playing YOUR game here Bowen i need not show you any of my proof.


[View Quote]

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 6:25pm
[View Quote] And, thus, you're at the common place where "I don't really have proof,
but I'll just say I don't need to show you it to hide that I really
don't have it and I'll just keep saying you're wrong even though it's
still not hiding the fact that I don't have anything." How many of us
have not used that before? Really, you _must_ be daft. There's no
other explination otherwise.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 41
Processing time: 31 days, 9 hours.
(Total hours: 753)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

binarybud

Jul 23, 2003, 6:52pm
:) i'll just start exposing your lurking when i see it ok...;) LOL


[View Quote]

bowen

Jul 23, 2003, 6:54pm
[View Quote] Okay, I won't be on Bowen though.

--
--Bowen--

No of SETI units returned: 44
Processing time: 36 days, 0 hours.
(Total hours: 864)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 9:59pm
Yeah, I'd love to help, but I bet AW won't let me because I'm not 18 or
older. Oh well.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:03pm
I agree 100% with the whole thing about having real conversations instead of
the mindless crap at the gate being a good idea, and was a strong point
about yellow. BTW, Builderz and MrBruce are both free and great hosts.
[View Quote] > many times the PK would come in to "break it up"
>
> Now Yellow is dead. I say good riddance to the world, but I really miss
> having a place where there was a group of people who had the mental
capacity
> to say more than hello or talk about their kitty. I've always wanted to
> build my world (Avatar) into a place like that (a place for fairly
> unrestricted exchanges of ideas, not horrid objects textures and building
> from the 4th layer of hell) but it's just so hard to get the "critical
mass"
> of a community together. ... and the fact that it shuts down when I go to
> bed since I can't find a reliable free host....
>
> Wow, that turned out not only long but stupid. Sorry.
>
>

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:05pm
Correct he is. Wrong I talk, but right I am.
[View Quote]

builderz

Jul 23, 2003, 10:07pm
Thanks for the comment. I don't host *everything* for free, but I do
host a *few* bots and worlds for free (some aren't listed on my site
yet).

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:12pm
Assumption? ROFL. Every time anyone starts an intelligent conversation the
GKs put an end to it, and you know it. You don't need to spend time at the
gate to know this. I have logs upon logs of examples too. For instance,
everytime someone voices their dislike of the United States they're
immediately ejected. Once I tried to have an intelligent conversation about
what Microsoft was doing, and for SOME reason the GK told me to stop, as if
it was too innapropriate for 'kids' (who probably would have wanted to join
into the conversations, and probably ould have had something to say). Tell
me, HOW is this inapropriate? HOW can any intelligent conversations go on in
the gate if even such a mild topic is banned?

p.s. Not only that, almost all GKs let their firends (mostly other GKs who
are off-duty) say WHATEVER they want. Period.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:12pm
Bowen is not assuming anything, but you are.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:13pm
Because it doesn't exist.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:14pm
I actually do consider the huggin unwanted sexual harrassment :-P and it
bothers me :-P
[View Quote]

1  2  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn