Logitech Giveaway (Community)

Logitech Giveaway // Community

1  |

alphabit phalpha

Dec 16, 2002, 2:36am
King Tex and I will be on the road for this but thought maybe some of you
might like to know about it:)

http://www.logitechcordless.com/index.htm?ad=homepage

For over 20 years Logitech has been making leading PC
peripherals. You've made us number one in cordless peripherals, and now we'd
like to say "thanks" by giving away 20,000 free Logitech® Cordless Navigator
DuoT Special Edition Mouse & Keyboard combinations. Like all of our
products, it delivers superior performance, value and style.

For your chance to win a Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo Special
Edition, visit this site on December 20th, 2002 between 12:00 noon and 5:00
p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end

dzap

Dec 16, 2002, 6:14am
"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at activeworlds.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3dfd5841 at server1.Activeworlds.com
> King Tex and I will be on the road for this but thought maybe some of
> you might like to know about it:)
>
> http://www.logitechcordless.com/index.htm?ad=homepage
>
> For over 20 years Logitech has been making leading PC
> peripherals. You've made us number one in cordless peripherals, and
> now we'd like to say "thanks" by giving away 20,000 free Logitech
> Cordless Navigator DuoT Special Edition Mouse & Keyboard
> combinations. Like all of our products, it delivers superior
> performance, value and style.

I don't want to be negative but since I'm not eligible, only north
americans are, I feel I have the right to :-)

This promotion has all the signs of a massive e-mail harvesting scam.
"SELECTION OF WINNERS. Up to Twenty Thousand winners will be
electronically selected at random". There is nothing that says they
can't decide to just give away 20 units instead. "LIST OF WINNERS. You
may receive a list of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped
envelope to Logitech..." means that we will never know.

What's up with these strange rules? "Canadian winners are required under
Canadian law to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical question in
order to receive the prize." and "To comply with the laws of Florida and
New York, no more than 62 prizes will be awarded to residents of Florida
and no more than 62 prizes will be awarded to residents of New York.".

And remember that "Logitech may use the winner's name, address, voice,
likeness and prize information for promotional purposes without further
payment or consideration."

Jonas aka dZap

wizard myrddin

Dec 16, 2002, 8:43am
rofl, and dont forget the one that might say;

"If you don't live in the USA please explain the laws of the Universe "

carolann

Dec 16, 2002, 4:27pm
Well for one thing, the winners themselves may not want their name published
for all to see and are given that amount of privacy. If it was a huge prize
I think I would rather have only those few willing to go to the bother of
requesting the list to see that I won. And as far as different rules for
different people, it's because there are different state, country,
inner-state, inter-state, national and inter-national laws governing games
where prizes or money may be won. Some might disallow sweepstakes or
outright winning by lot so they have to "earn" their prize in Canada by
correctly answering a question in the certain amount of time. In other
places, only a drawing might be legal. I can't imagine what hoops they have
to go through to hold any kind of contest or sweepstakes if it's going to
have much scope.
[View Quote] >
> I don't want to be negative but since I'm not eligible, only north
> americans are, I feel I have the right to :-)
to just give away 20 units instead. "LIST OF WINNERS. You
> may receive a list of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped
> envelope to Logitech..." means that we will never know.
>
> What's up with these strange rules? "Canadian winners are required under
> Canadian law to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical question in
> order to receive the prize." and "To comply with the laws of Florida and
> New York, no more than 62 prizes will be awarded to residents of Florida
> and no more than 62 prizes will be awarded to residents of New York.".

anarkissed

Dec 17, 2002, 2:05am
Canada requires by law that all prize winners submit proof of minimum
mathematical skills to demonstrate that theya re competent enough to manage
the financial benefits of any given prize. It's an old holdover and frankly
it's stupid but we all gotta do it. Furthermore, in Quebec you have to
submit to a special lottery licensing commission and pay extra fees to
legally give things away so many contests are ineligible because it's just
not worth the promotional advantages to deal with the red tape.