Have your own Booth at Avatars 2002! (Community)

Have your own Booth at Avatars 2002! // Community

1  |

xelag

Nov 25, 2002, 2:35am
The yearly Avatars Conference will take place on January 3rd - 5th
2003. As usual, we will have booths for Community Services, Worlds
and Territories, and Organisations of interest to our Virtual
Communities. Booths are free!

They will be situated near the entry portal of our main world, easily
accessible and visible to all. We have subdivided them roughly into
categories:

Community Services: any activity of groups or individuals that
contributes to and supports our community. This includes Universes and
Galaxies!

Worlds: interesting worlds to visit

Territories: interesting sites to visit within a world

Tolkien: sites or organisations related to J.R.R. Tolkien's mythology
and languages

Other organisations, that may be of interest but do not fall into the
previous categories. This includes sponsors, etc.

If you wish to have a booth, please fill in our form at:
http://www.ccon.org/conf02/aw/av02_avatars2002booth_form.html

Do submit your booth request as soon as possible, booths take time to
set up and land is scarce!

XelaG

xelag

Nov 25, 2002, 3:17am
BTW, it is Avatars 2002, this is not a typo. It has been moved to
January to coincide with J.R.R. Tolkien's birthday, but it is usually
held in november/december. Hopefully, Avatars 2003 will be sometime
later in 2003!

XelaG

rossyboy

Nov 28, 2002, 2:11pm
Would towns or cities count as territories or would they fall under another
category?

"xelag" <xelag at digitalspace.com> wrote this
(news:g783uu4l2rqt5koddjf72tfhcea3980klc at 4ax.com) in community on 25 Nov
2002:

> Territories: interesting sites to visit within a world

stecloud

Nov 28, 2002, 2:39pm
Why was it moved to coincide with his birthday. I don't see a correlation
between an author of books to do with hobbits and an awards for Avatars.

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Nov 28, 2002, 3:06pm
Because the theme of the avvy worlds this year IS Lord of the Rings........ kinda 'splains it ;O)

[View Quote]

stecloud

Nov 28, 2002, 3:39pm
Right, that makes sense now, thanks :P