citizen restrictions (Community)

citizen restrictions // Community

1  |

the game master

Oct 14, 2002, 9:04am
I've built a world in which I have restricted flying and going through
things (other than other Avatars). However, it seems that other citizens
can do both of these thins in my world.

How can I stop this?

"the game master" <zechariah4 at sprynet.com> wrote in news:3daaa4c9
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I've built a world in which I have restricted flying and going through
> things (other than other Avatars). However, it seems that other citizens
> can do both of these thins in my world.
>
> How can I stop this?

If they have caretaker privs or use the PPW of someone with caretaker,
they're excepted from restrictions like those. Other than that they'd need
to manipulate either the AW executeable (unprobable in 3.3+) or the data
from your world server. In the latter cases there's nothing you can do but
kicking them.

Just edit the RAM unfortunatly...

[View Quote] Most people don't know where that information is stored in RAM. It would take some
serious hacking.

--Bowen--

joeman

Oct 14, 2002, 4:10pm
Nah, it can be done in about five minutes with a game trainer... Also,
apparently in 3.4, the program will crash if the memory is not as it should
be. We shall see...

-Joe

[View Quote] Question is, do they know how to use it?

--Bowen--

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Oct 14, 2002, 5:17pm
Well they're obviously built to be easily used. It's not that hard to do once you understand the concept and know what you're putting in what place.

Given my limited experience in playing around in Nutinmuch's world, I cann
tell you that if everyone has Caretaker on they will be able to fly. In the
World Rights box put your citizen number in there and whoever else you want
to have all rights, and that should hopefully take care of it. :)

SW Chris