A1CTtourist5 Videos (Community)

A1CTtourist5 Videos // Community

1  |

a1cttourist5

Apr 27, 2002, 4:18pm
Did you see the videos A1CTtourist5 has done? There are more videos at A!!ct
51N 2W.
Please send any requests or comments or if you want to be in one! just
reply

robbie

Apr 27, 2002, 5:38pm
Hello there A1CTTourist5. Now you know what you could of done with these
three posts you've posted? You could of put them alltogether and given the
post a more generic title. Then you could of tested that you can post and
addressed the matter of the world signs and your (very good IMO) videos. And
save a lil server space. I personally don't mind but some folks get a little
irriated when people post several messages in succession. Just a tip :o)

Welcome Aboard,

-Robbie

[View Quote]

nornny11

Apr 27, 2002, 5:41pm
Hey a1, your videos are great, how did you get those wonderful screen
captures of AW? What kind of screen capture program do you use? Or did you
just tape your computer screen? Inquiring minds want to know. :))

Nornny

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

Apr 27, 2002, 5:50pm
[View Quote] >I capture the screen by using snagit http://www.techsmith.com/ I could
just tape the comp screen by camera, but you get glare and not full colors.

builderz

Apr 27, 2002, 6:36pm
I really like that Fun World video. The effects in there are great! Ever
consider different media formats, such as DivX, QuickTime, or RealPlayer
(now RealOne)? The vidoes are great, but the compression in the Windows
Media format makes them appear blurry and jagged. I know that if you
increased the rate at which they encoded, the video would look better,
but the videos would probably not be able to stream on slower
connections.

-Builderz

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

robbie

Apr 27, 2002, 7:48pm
no. once you have posted you cannot change it. when you post somthing, the
messages you create are not called newsgroups, they are called threads. a
newsgroup is the name for each "forum" (i.e. bots, community, etc..).

hope this helps,

-Robbie

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

Apr 27, 2002, 9:53pm
Well then how do I put the newsgroups all together?

robbie

Apr 27, 2002, 10:36pm
....erm?

[View Quote]

a1cttourist5

Apr 28, 2002, 3:02am
> lol what robbie?

shorah

Apr 28, 2002, 4:49am
The format is called RealVideo format, as opposed to RealAudio - not RealOne
or RealPlayer as you seem to think. RealPlayer is the player that plays
content in RealVideo or RealAudio format on Macintosh and Unix/Linux.
RealOne is the player that plays content in RealVideo or RealAudio format on
Windows. RealVideo format must be created using the proprietary utility from
RealNetworks called RealSystem Producer. In terms of quality and size, the
standard video compression formats are assess as such:

DivX (Highest Size)
- Lower quality settings produce good quality as well, but size remains
large.
QuickTime (Medium Size)
- Lower quality settings produce poor quality but good colour matching.
RealVideo (Fair Quality, Small Size)
- Lower quality settings cause ghosting of image but bandwidth is not
abused.
Windows Media (Fair Quality, Medium Size)
- Lower quality settings cause considerable amounts of blurring and
bandwidth is monopolised.

Of note is that Windows Media format is, contrary to popular belief,
viewable on other platforms besides Windows.

Shorah
115213

[View Quote]

builderz

Apr 28, 2002, 2:53pm
Shorah, I have used an encoder by Real to encode RealVideo files about
two years ago. I know the difference between RealVideo and RealAudio. I
just used the term RealPlayer and RealOne generically since it has been
so long since I last used the encoder. I didn't know what the proper
encoder's name was, so I just substituted the player's name. Thanks for
clearing it up by saying the encoder's current name is RealSystem
Producer. The encoder was named something else when I used it back then.

Builderz
92986

[View Quote]

rocambole

Apr 29, 2002, 7:03am
Hypercam from http://www.hyperionics.com/ is another useful program for
making movies from AW worlds.
It creates AVI files and is also capable of recordng sounds.
Rocambole

"a1cttourist5" <pineriver at thenett.com> skrev i melding
news:3ccb00f4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

[View Quote]

rocambole

Apr 29, 2002, 7:03am
Another useful program for making videos from AW is Hypercam from
http://www.hyperionics.com/. It creates AVI files and can also record sound.
Rocambole

"a1cttourist5" <pineriver at thenett.com> skrev i melding
news:3ccb00f4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> just tape the comp screen by camera, but you get glare and not full
colors.

rocambole

Apr 29, 2002, 7:03am
Another useful software for making AW movies is Hypercam from
http://www.hyperionics.com/ - it creates AVI files and can record sounds as
well.
Rocambole

"a1cttourist5" <pineriver at thenett.com> skrev i melding
news:3ccb00f4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> just tape the comp screen by camera, but you get glare and not full
colors.

rocambole

Apr 29, 2002, 7:06am
If anybody wonders why I posted 3 almost identical messages it's because I
was rejected from the news server the first two times. And suddenly all 3 of
them came through.
Rocambole

Real Player? You must be joking.

Sorenson 3 codec or On2 for QuickTime is where it's at, baby. :) And don't
forget DivX 5.

Chris

[View Quote]

d a n

May 1, 2002, 2:32pm
You can't, you click catagories.

Dan

[View Quote]

pc hamster

May 7, 2002, 2:19am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Tourist - Are you talking about the newsgroups which ARE on
news.activeowrlds.com or are you talking about thes you get from your ISP???

news.activeworlds.com is NOT a public server. As such, the activeworlds.*
hierarchy of newsgroups (i.e. the ones on news.activeworlds.com) are NOT
accessed by or available to your ISP.

Hope this helps....

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

he's a cit, and what he wanted was to see all the posts in all the groups in
one big mess (he hasn't understood the concept of news).