Multiple Posts (Community)

Multiple Posts // Community

1  |

cozmo

Sep 16, 2001, 8:03pm
im sick of these people posting 3 posts in one day about the same thing.
Names that come to my mind are bodhi and jfk2.

--
- Cozmo Of Cozmo-X
(website coming soon)

jfk2 builder

Sep 16, 2001, 9:15pm
What makes you think i post more than 1 or 2x a day? lol

"cozmo" <b.nolan2 at verizon.net> wrote in
news:3ba521c6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> im sick of these people posting 3 posts in one day about the same
> thing. Names that come to my mind are bodhi and jfk2.
>
> --
> - Cozmo Of Cozmo-X
> (website coming soon)
> World: A'Dude

reyemniffirg

Sep 17, 2001, 9:45pm
He can tell by looking at the date

[View Quote]

lord perception

Sep 18, 2001, 4:44am
[View Quote] Jeez guys,

Have people forgotten about the killfile? If you don't like what they are
doing / saying just killfile them.

Looking back it seems the messages in these newsgroups are mostly dominated
by discussion about newsgroup netiquette, how newbies are stupid, etc. I've
observed about
three people who are self appointed moderators of these newsgroup who seem
to show virtually no tolerance at all and almost straight away report each
newbie who fails to abide by the unwritten rules of the newsgroup to their
ISP, AW abuse and if any, WebPages hosts.

It seems when newbies are pounce on and called names, rather than told in a
mature polite
way, their wrong doings, they become offended and retaliate, and in turn
these self appointed moderators return fire and the tension escalates, then
before you know it the newsgroups are well a light with an inferno of flame
messages containing nothing more than personal attacks and threats.

Look, if some one does something wrong, or says something you consider to be
stupid, don't jump to conclusions and start flaming them, Please. Just put
forward your views on the subject in a rational way, by all means debate the
topic, that is what these newsgroups are for, but please lay off the
personal attacks and name calling such as "you bonehead" "you weirdo gnome".

I suggest we collectively create a newsgroup FAQ / charter that can be
posted
regularly to the newsgroups detailing advice, tips, the rules, and the
reason why these rules exist, so that the new comers are able to read them,
understand why the rules exist and abide by the rules. If any newbie comes
on and breaches them, just point them to the FAQ/charter.

If the newcomer continues to persist in breaking the rules and/or is clearly
intent on causing havoc after being told politely a number of times what
they have done wrong. Then by all means report them AW abuse or better
still, kill file them

wing.

Sep 18, 2001, 12:10pm
Sounds like a plan to me, except in the past when we've attempted to explain
why rules are in place, they've told us to grow up and move into the twenty
first century and to "get a new ISP"

Also, there has been an FAQ-type document with two editions already that
gives descriptions on the NG regulars, perhaps this should be integrated?