Ablivion Broadcasting Network - Cancelled (Community)

Ablivion Broadcasting Network - Cancelled // Community

ABN TV just went under. Sad news. :(

Can anyone tell me any other tv networks and their respective web pages?
Late Tonight needs to be aired on another station.

SW Chris

brandon

Aug 19, 2001, 9:05pm
i have the things needed to broadcast shows and at one time considered
making a tv netowrk but since ABN was working at the time i thought id
rather not becuase nobody would watch it. Now that i hear of this i realize
i have an open opportunity. But since my world now is used for other things
i'd need a world for the shows to take place with at least a 10 max user
limit and i just dont have the money at this moment. Shooting in AW or
AWTeen is not worth it unless the place is totaly secret.

Anyways....

No i don't think there is any more like abn in existance but you never know.

[View Quote]

wing

Aug 19, 2001, 9:19pm
Also, the annoying ones that have spammed all the events these past weeks need not apply, we're looking for CBS, not Cspan.

Who said you needed a world? :) As long as you have the broadband
connection to keep the station running all day the shows will come to you.
Taping may be the only thing you have to do besides advertise.

Also, who here has heard of AWTV? I've never heard of it. Doesn't look like
they have a web site either...

SW Chris

OK I'm confused! Now they're saying it's back. ???

SW Chris

[View Quote]

brandon

Aug 20, 2001, 12:43am
ya you have a point....i do have broadband and everything you'd need to make
a tv network....hmm

yes i've heard of AWTV actualy once a few months ago but i doubt they exist
anymore

it doesn't matter anymore. ABN is back.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

brandon

Aug 20, 2001, 3:39am
so wtf was this all about then?

[View Quote]

chucks party

Aug 20, 2001, 8:16am
From what I was told Ox64 had his connection packeted by a hacker on Saturday
nite which made it impossible for him to air the live broadcast as he intended
to do. AWTV is now run by Sgt. Noodle and there is some speculation because he
was able to be there and basically stole the show from ABNTV that there may be
some foul play there. Just coincidence, maybe not.

nornny

Aug 20, 2001, 10:18am
That's the story I had heard also. lol. Except you probably didn't have to
get ejected ten times over by a beligerant Ox to get it. ;) teehee

Nornny

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 20, 2001, 12:39pm
Didn't anyone ever tell you that you should NEVER stand behind an OX...
Otherwise you will be BOOTED and BOOTED hard LOL!!!

"nornny" <Nornny1 at home.com> wrote in
news:3b810015$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> That's the story I had heard also. lol. Except you probably didn't
> have to get ejected ten times over by a beligerant Ox to get it. ;)
> teehee
>
> Nornny

A badly timed temper tantrum. :) Someone pulled a DOS attack on Ox's ABN
server or something during the Cy's.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

chucks party

Aug 20, 2001, 6:20pm
No I didn't lol He was very upset about it, that ABNTV is his baby you know and
to have someone purposely do that to him was very upsetting for him and all the
hard work it took over the year to get it to where it was. Deffinitely not a
laughing matter, I hate nasty people, even Cy award winning nasty people, LOL

[View Quote]

nornny

Aug 20, 2001, 6:59pm
No, it's not a laughing matter. Getting the story was, but definately not
ABNTV. lol. I spend half my AW time just sitting in front of that boob tube
watching ABN. Ox didn't believe it, but I was definately in Hangout for more
reasons than a story. He was outrageously angry. Thank god the dust settled.
:)

Nornny

[View Quote]

chucks party

Aug 21, 2001, 6:00am
Yep agreed, he just needed time to get it out and cool down, he's ok now. He
knows who his friends are. :)