star. // User Search

1  |

4.1 Freezes

Jun 2, 2006, 5:38pm
Have loaded 4.1 in a separate folder than 3.6. After running program,
computer freezes, everything including mouse, when I try to do anything
else. Have to restart with switch on case. I run WIN98SE, and have updated
everything. The OS is the only 'old' thing on my computer. Anyone have any
ideas what I can do? Is my computer getting 'confused' between the two
AW's?

Star.

4.1 seerver

Jun 3, 2006, 12:43am
the server is out but even tho the web site says it will do WIN98, it
won't. I tried, it gives me the window only for NT or 2000

4.1 freeze

Jun 3, 2006, 12:58pm
I am running 98 still, and it seems 4.1 runs fine, after closing tho if I
try anything else it freezes my computer, have to use the restart on the
case. I did put that gdiplus.dll in AW and in Window/system32 later, and
tried a few things and it didn't freeze. Will 'test' it more today.
From: "wizard myrddin" <mw at aw.xom>
Subject: Re: Some serious problems with 4.1 build 949
Date: Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:04 AM

Same here, I was monitering the cpu usage when moving in aw anything apart
from standing still produces a 100% cpu usage.

I cant run any other programs while running 4.1 as computer freezes up.

Plus since installing 4.1 I am experencing the blue screen of death. On days
I dont enter aw 4.1 I dont get this.

[View Quote]

Thanks Cryonics For Fixing My 4.1 Problem!

Jun 4, 2006, 9:10pm
Does this version keep the computer from freezing after leaving the 4.1
browsers program? I don't seem to be freezing during use of 4.1.
[View Quote]

Thanks Cryonics For Fixing My 4.1 Problem!

Jun 5, 2006, 12:05pm
Didn't work for me at all. Never finished loading any worlds, and no
teleporting to another world. I unloaded it and went back to the original.
Still freezes my computer after leaving 4.1 if I don't restart first.
[View Quote]

[4.1 Build 950] :

Jun 6, 2006, 4:43pm
Plus, so far my computer hasn't frozen up tight after leaving 4.1! I tried
everything I did before when it would freeze and give me 'illegal
operations' and everything went thru! Was holding my breath the whole time
too.
[View Quote]

4.1 server

Jun 6, 2006, 4:44pm
btw, anybody know if the server has been updated as of yet?

4.1 does NOT work

Jun 7, 2006, 10:07pm
and something else for all you 'impatient' people. The people at AW are
probably working very hard to make patches to fix the bugs. They are only
human, just like you impatient people, and can only do so much in one day.
The NG's are just for us to share possible helps and hints etc with each
other. We don't really want to or care to hear the foul language and all.
Besides, there are alot of other adjectives one can use to express
displeasure than talking garbage mouth style.
[View Quote]

An intriguing question...

Jun 7, 2006, 10:09pm
Put simply Legion, I agree with you.
[View Quote]

Able to reply

Jun 9, 2006, 5:19pm
I think its sad that people just can't be nice to each other to begin with.
It really accomplishes nothing to provoke, harass etc another person, except
hurt feelings and sometimes hatred. And there is definitely too much of that
in the world as is.