tired of you know what kind of people? (Community)

tired of you know what kind of people? // Community

1  |

the derek

ok i have a community (message board/newsgroup) typoe thing on my site
here i can ban people who are...well you [know what kind] of people. if
theres a topic that you want added there is a community request community
(i know that sounds wierd) there and this ng is called community so i dont
think anyone can say this is "off topic"</html>

Congratulations, Eep. You've succeeding in alienating yet another NG
user. Who knows? Maybe if you keep this up, there won't be anyone left
in these NG but you. Wouldn't that just be perfect?

I await your flame.

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Is finally starting to tire of Eep's shenanigans after four long
years...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

the derek

lol the boards on my site have just been dead hehe it was an advertising
gimmick lol (did it work?)
[View Quote]

grimble

Nov 19, 2000, 8:28am
No *snore*

[View Quote] lol the boards on my site have just been dead hehe it was an advertising
gimmick lol (did it work?)

eep

Nov 19, 2000, 11:31am
You're still here, eh? Some people are simply able to not act as incompetent as Derek et al all the time. However, you've had your moments...

[View Quote] > Congratulations, Eep. You've succeeding in alienating yet another NG
> user. Who knows? Maybe if you keep this up, there won't be anyone left
> in these NG but you. Wouldn't that just be perfect?
>
> I await your flame.

[View Quote]

nornny

Nov 19, 2000, 12:03pm
For starters, you didn't even send an url for your boards so how ever are we
going to be able to locate it?? :)

Nornny

_____________

I feel so honored.

My point is that these are not *your* newsgroups. These are COF's
newsgroups, and according to the charter, the only rules are 1) keep
posts on-topic, 2) they meet rules of netiquette and polite human
interaction, and 3) posts are appropriate for a group forum (as opposed
to individual emails).

Now, let's review. Did Derek break any rules? Yes, #1. Should he be
reprimanded? Of course. Should he be cussed out and insulted the second
he steps in the door? I think not. That would be breaking rule #2, would
it not? You also constantly bitch about insanely long threads, yet you
are almost always the main contributors to these same threads, since you
just *have* to have the last word. In the above mentioned thread you
have 9 posts out of 27. That's a third of all posts. Another third is
Derek trying to defend himself. The rest are various other people
offering their opinion. (most of them against you) As the thread drags
on, it becomes increasingly clear that it's just you vs. Derek, meaning
you could easily have continued this dispute via email instead of
polluting this NG with your bickering, thereby breaking rule #3. So
who's the bigger offender here?

Now granted, these NGs aren't moderated anymore, but I believe the rules
still stand, and a measure of self-moderation should be enforced. If you
had simply said "Beta NG is strictly for posts about beta bug reports.
Put posts like this in the community NG.", you probably would have
gotten a "oh sorry lol" and that would have been the end of it! But no,
you had to hide behind the excuse that "he got on your nerves" and drag
it out to horrendous lengths, thereby demonstrating even more
incompetence.

And as for these rules applying only to the community NG, I would like
to think these rules implicitly apply to all NGs; just common sense. And
if there's anyone who disagrees with me, (besides you, Eep) speak now
and I'll shut up. Otherwise, I would suggest abiding by these rules
before you make yourself look as incompetent as the rest of us.

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Oh whoops... too late...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

eep

Nov 19, 2000, 8:38pm
Blah blah blah. Get off the fucking soap box, twit. If I want your opinion I'll BEAT it out of you, eh? I tire of dealing with incessant lamers such as yourself. Suck filter, fanboy.

[View Quote] > I feel so honored.

> My point is that these are not *your* newsgroups. These are COF's
> newsgroups, and according to the charter, the only rules are 1) keep
> posts on-topic, 2) they meet rules of netiquette and polite human
> interaction, and 3) posts are appropriate for a group forum (as opposed
> to individual emails).
>
> Now, let's review. Did Derek break any rules? Yes, #1. Should he be
> reprimanded? Of course. Should he be cussed out and insulted the second
> he steps in the door? I think not. That would be breaking rule #2, would
> it not? You also constantly bitch about insanely long threads, yet you
> are almost always the main contributors to these same threads, since you
> just *have* to have the last word. In the above mentioned thread you
> have 9 posts out of 27. That's a third of all posts. Another third is
> Derek trying to defend himself. The rest are various other people
> offering their opinion. (most of them against you) As the thread drags
> on, it becomes increasingly clear that it's just you vs. Derek, meaning
> you could easily have continued this dispute via email instead of
> polluting this NG with your bickering, thereby breaking rule #3. So
> who's the bigger offender here?
>
> Now granted, these NGs aren't moderated anymore, but I believe the rules
> still stand, and a measure of self-moderation should be enforced. If you
> had simply said "Beta NG is strictly for posts about beta bug reports.
> Put posts like this in the community NG.", you probably would have
> gotten a "oh sorry lol" and that would have been the end of it! But no,
> you had to hide behind the excuse that "he got on your nerves" and drag
> it out to horrendous lengths, thereby demonstrating even more
> incompetence.
>
> And as for these rules applying only to the community NG, I would like
> to think these rules implicitly apply to all NGs; just common sense. And
> if there's anyone who disagrees with me, (besides you, Eep) speak now
> and I'll shut up. Otherwise, I would suggest abiding by these rules
> before you make yourself look as incompetent as the rest of us.

Hehehe... predictable as ever. I find it interesting that he'll argue
incessantly with people who do nothing more than say "hi" in the wrong
newsgroup, but if you actually present him with a sound argument, he
gives up and filters you.

There's your solution, folks. You want Eep off your back? Throw some
logic at him! :)

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Also finds it funny, since supposedly he's been filtered before this...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

imagine

Nov 19, 2000, 9:14pm
Gongrats and welcome to the filtered, flicked group lol
Imagine
[View Quote]

the derek

come on wake up! lol
[View Quote]

the derek

its in my "off topic" intoduction but&nbsp; here it is agin
[View Quote]

the derek

this is called community you cant post "off topic" here in my opinon however
if you would like me to point out all the "off topic" posts like eep i
will be happy to do so
[View Quote]

the derek

....the flicked group....
[View Quote]

nornny

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C052BF.478B0C20

That post was so cluttered you couldn't even find your name in it, but =
thanks for the url, it seems easy enough to remember. :)

Nornny
[View Quote] For starters, you didn't even send an url for your boards so how =
ever are we=20
going to be able to locate it?? :)=20
Nornny=20

_____________=20
[View Quote] > community (i know that sounds wierd) there and this ng is called=20
> community so i dont think anyone can say this is "off topic"=20
--=20
Goober King=20
Is finally starting to tire of Eep's shenanigans after four long=20
years...=20
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C052BF.478B0C20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>That post was so cluttered you couldn't even find =
your name in=20
it, but thanks for the url, it seems easy enough to remember. =
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A18857B.6B71F7F6 at yahoo.com">news:3A18857B.6B71F7F6 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>its=20
in my "off topic" intoduction but&nbsp; here it is agin=20
<BR>awbots.findhere.com <BR>can ya remember it?=20
[View Quote] advertising <BR>&gt;gimmick lol (did it work?) <BR>&gt;goober king =
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C052BF.478B0C20--