AWNews (General Discussion)

AWNews // General Discussion

1  |

maki

Oct 6, 2003, 1:17am
Should be making a come back soon. Now, here's a long shot for the aw
community: Interested in joining a small team to keep AWNews alive? Visit
http://www.awnews.org/volunteer/ to view volunteer positions open.

:)
maki

"maki" <multi.forum.274950.maki at awgate.com> wrote in news:3f80deaf$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Should be making a come back soon. Now, here's a long shot for the aw
> community: Interested in joining a small team to keep AWNews alive? Visit
> http://www.awnews.org/volunteer/ to view volunteer positions open.

You seem to be having some DNS problems, I was not able to resolve the
domain from here. I was able to from a remote box, though.

KAH

andras

Oct 6, 2003, 6:09pm
[View Quote] > "maki" <multi.forum.274950.maki at awgate.com> wrote in news:3f80deaf$1
> at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> You seem to be having some DNS problems, I was not able to resolve the
> domain from here. I was able to from a remote box, though.
>
> KAH

Domain servers listing screwed up in the register.com database:
ns3.dedicateddns.co.uk [207.44.134.125]
ns4.dedicateddns.co.uk [207.44.134.125] instead of: [207.44.135.45]
ns1.aventuremedia.co.uk [216.127.80.140]
ns2.aventuremedia.co.uk [216.127.81.40]

There are other problems with those domain name servers. See:
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=awnews.org

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

alexthemartian

Oct 6, 2003, 10:06pm
ok, compairing awnews.org
(http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=awnews.org) with my
domain virtual-studios.net which have the same nameservers
(http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=virtual-studios.net),
you see that my domain is about the same as awnews.org exept for the
ns1.aventuremedia.co.uk and ns2.aventuremedia.co.uk which are "Lame
nameservers" (look at the report for more info)
... i suguest you remove those two nameservers and you wont have that one
error...

... as for the other errors on both awnews.org and virtual-studios.net, can
someone explain how those can be fixed?

[View Quote]

maki

Oct 7, 2003, 8:22pm
[View Quote] Was going through some DNS modifications should be working better now.
Configuration isn't perfect though.

maki