Problem with Outlook Express (General Discussion)

Problem with Outlook Express // General Discussion

1  |

weizer

Jun 23, 2003, 12:06pm
In my OE, all the threads are sorted by date, but their replies do not have
any order. (like one posted the 22th, below there's one posted the 21, and
below there's one posted the 23) Some replies just appear in the middle of
the others when I load them. Does anybody know why ?

http://dls.d2g.com/weizer/outlook.jpg

Weizer - Cy Awards Media Coordinator
#332602 AW
#4808 OW

stecloud

Jun 23, 2003, 1:09pm
When people reply to newsgroup threads they can rpely to specific posts.
The reply will always appear under the post that the person right clicked
and went to reply from.

For example if I saw something outraging in the 5th post down in a thread of
10 posts, i could reply to that 5th post - my post would be indented
slightly to the right, and appear under the one I replied to - essentially
becoming the 6th post of 11, if you see what I mean.

Because of this, sometiems posts which appear higher up will have a later
date - this is because they are tiering off another post and have been
replied to at a later point in time - than a post further down in the
thread.

At least I think that's what you're tlaking about

- Ste

weizer

Jun 23, 2003, 1:15pm
Yes. I didn't know that. Thanks.