Apache Question (General Discussion)

Apache Question // General Discussion

1  |

alphabit phalpha

May 1, 2003, 11:29am
Help!....lol!
Ok you Apache Gurus......My access log for apache is sitting at 21
megs...How the heck do I delete it?????!!!!
It has a shared violation message when I try to and if I go to win2k task
manager it won't let me shut apache down to delete the file.
I reckon I have a dilemma here:)
Any help greatly appreciated:)
Bit:)

john

May 1, 2003, 3:24pm
Start your pc in safe mode (f8 before it starts 2 load windows but after 1st
bios screen)

Run in safe mode and that'll stop all programs starting...delete the log and
then restart.

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

May 1, 2003, 3:45pm
Thanks John.
How do I get out of safe mode?
In the past I remember having problems with that..lol

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html

Look for "log rotation" and "piped logs" there

Especially this "rotatelogs" program should be
your friend :

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/programs/rotatelogs.html

"log rotation" describes how to delete it without
restarting the PC

[View Quote]

wing

May 1, 2003, 5:00pm
Reboot :)

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

May 1, 2003, 5:20pm
Thanks Ananas and wing:)
Ya'll are trying to make a guru out of me yet!...lol

[View Quote]

jerme

May 1, 2003, 5:44pm
Check out ApacheController at http://www.aaronbock.net/software/oldies.xml

-Jeremy

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker - Owner / Webmaster

alphabit phalpha

May 1, 2003, 5:58pm
Thanks Jeremy...I'll check that out!
Looks like a pretty easy to use tool:)

"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> wrote in news:3eb12130$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Help!....lol!
> Ok you Apache Gurus......My access log for apache is sitting at 21
> megs...How the heck do I delete it?????!!!!
> It has a shared violation message when I try to and if I go to win2k task
> manager it won't let me shut apache down to delete the file.
> I reckon I have a dilemma here:)
> Any help greatly appreciated:)

Stop Apache, deal with the file, start Apache. This might not work on NTFS,
due to issues with the filesystem.

KAH

alphabit phalpha

May 2, 2003, 10:59am