Bug: Jumping off of Verticle Surfaces (General Discussion)

Bug: Jumping off of Verticle Surfaces // General Discussion

1  |

dion

Apr 25, 2003, 5:57pm
It is possible to jump against a wall and jump off of the vertical wall
panel. I can just imagine this being a real issue when cyawards comes
around and people are jumping onto the stage.

-Dion

kah

Apr 26, 2003, 8:19am
"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in news:3ea9932c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It is possible to jump against a wall and jump off of the vertical wall
> panel. I can just imagine this being a real issue when cyawards comes
> around and people are jumping onto the stage.

Good luck to those who're going to try to jump through invisible panels ;-)

KAH

dion

Apr 26, 2003, 2:06pm
Someone always finds a way. :-P

-Dion

[View Quote] > It is possible to jump against a wall and jump off of the vertical wall
> panel. I can just imagine this being a real issue when cyawards comes
> around and people are jumping onto the stage.

Good luck to those who're going to try to jump through invisible panels ;-)

KAH

wing

Apr 26, 2003, 7:04pm
Yeah. Like the bug in collision detect that allows you to pass through solid
objects at gaps between them.

[View Quote]

dion

Apr 26, 2003, 7:52pm
Yeah, it's been improved a bit but still very possible, especially if you
just run along a wall at a slight angle. And they added something so that
if you get stuck in an object, you can get out easily, but that just makes
it easier to get all the way through the wall cause you won't get stuck in
it.

-Dion

[View Quote] [View Quote]

kah

Apr 27, 2003, 9:36am
"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in
news:3eaaff92$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Yeah, it's been improved a bit but still very possible, especially if
> you just run along a wall at a slight angle. And they added something
> so that if you get stuck in an object, you can get out easily, but
> that just makes it easier to get all the way through the wall cause
> you won't get stuck in it.

They could just make the invisible panel (in one object) a wee bit wider
than the open space, which would eliminate the slide detection problem. And
a bot could very easily eject anyone who tries, while they're in the air...