Aw Clone (General Discussion)

Aw Clone // General Discussion

1  |

pineriver

Nov 13, 2002, 5:43pm
I know there is something like this some ware but dont know where. I program
or some kind of utility that will allow multiple instances of a universe at
one time.and so users could run more then 1 aw browser at a time

Its a changed class ID... altering the browser and preventing preventinstance... sooo... Dont go asking on the newsgroups with E N Z O lurking.. :)

pineriver

Nov 13, 2002, 7:22pm
Ohh I see, I think

ok, ill make it simple, its illegal, cuz its a crack.

[View Quote]

maki

Nov 14, 2002, 3:12am
ummm why would it really matter...what's so special about having multiple
browsers open? I'd like to see the ability to do so implemented...would be
fun with my three cits. lol. maybe if strike actually knows how to fix it
I'll just ask him. ;)

awmaki.com

"maki" <maki at awmaki.com> wrote in
news:3dd330d9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ummm why would it really matter...what's so special about having
> multiple browsers open? I'd like to see the ability to do so
> implemented...would be fun with my three cits. lol. maybe if strike
> actually knows how to fix it I'll just ask him. ;)

I'm not sure if it's possible in 3.2+, with the encrypted executeable. It's
quite simple, you just edit a string in the executeable. It's illegal, but
I doubt anyone is going to prosecute you for it ;-))

KAH

john

Nov 23, 2002, 5:42pm
Does that mean that when I edited that file - the one that was copyrighted
(nothing to do w/ aw) it was illegal?

Yes...

bonzai

Nov 23, 2002, 6:50pm
start 2 diferent browsers fast enough after eachother

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:3ddfe512 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yes...
>
> - Mark

[View Quote]

john

Nov 28, 2002, 9:03pm
Is that the same if you own the copyright?