Why isn't anyone renewing? (General Discussion)

Why isn't anyone renewing? // General Discussion

1  2  |

talisan

Oct 23, 2002, 2:12am
so that if someone doesn't renew for a while because of money problems, they
can come back later and keep going. Also, maybe if a cit is expired, when
you try to send a telegram it gives you a message, such as "Sorry, but this
citizenship has expired"... Something like that, and PPW's don't work.

Why would they bother doing that? Wasn't a good move in my opinion in the
first place. Why would they risk losing a customer who might decide to come
back in a year or two. I know that seems slim, but I came back after a 6
month hiatus, and I know of one person that was indeed gone for a year.

-Talisan

kerstin

Oct 23, 2002, 4:04am
When I bought iCandy I already had my cit, and got an additional 3 cits with
the world. I asked them to use one of my free cits to extend my existing
cit and they did, giving me almost 2 years on my initial cit. Soooo.... you
could ask them to add your free cit onto your existing cit.

Kerstin

wizard myrddin

Oct 23, 2002, 9:41am
Thats one good point I think EA have brought it for parents to decide if
they wish there children to visit the more Adult content. This is not saying
The Sims on line has content in comparison to aw.

At the end of the day it putting the responsibilty on the parent where it
should be.

I lesson here for aw programmers especially with the undesirable element
using the Internet these days.

"wizard myrddin" <wizey at rdescape.com> wrote in
news:3db68ad0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Thats one good point I think EA have brought it for parents to decide
> if they wish there children to visit the more Adult content. This is
> not saying The Sims on line has content in comparison to aw.
>
> At the end of the day it putting the responsibilty on the parent where
> it should be.
>
> I lesson here for aw programmers especially with the undesirable
> element using the Internet these days.

World ratings have existed for ages... Anyone can change them, but parental
blocks are about as effective because the parents probably won't be the
ones to install the game anyway. I believe that there's no need for any
such things as long as the parents raise their children well and actually
inform them about dangers and the bad shit out there, instead of taking the
easy route and blocking it silently (silly thing to do, because then it's
"forbidden" and it becomes more exciting to access it. The story about Adam
& Eve in the bible is a good example).

It's quite true that many disgusting and immoral people use the internet,
but they're overwelmingly outweighed by the "normal" people. At least some
of the disgusting people are getting punished for their illegal activities
now.

KAH

lady barbara

Oct 23, 2002, 3:01pm
Hi Kerstin!

So, as I understand it, they extended the time on your ORIGINAL cit? Did
you have to phone them or email support at activeworlds (MM)??
Thanks for the info.
Lady Barbara

Dont temp fate.

what can i say, i get annoyed quickly :)
only problem now is, what im i gonna do when im ment to be doing my
homework? :)

[View Quote]

kerstin

Oct 23, 2002, 8:43pm
Yep that's right, Barb. and I just emailed.

[View Quote]

joe zip

Oct 28, 2002, 10:33pm
I plan to (if possible) renew on a monthly basis as I find money. Its better
in that that I dont need it all at once, so it is easier to pay. I hope I
can do it this way though...