Multiple Domain Names on One Server? (General Discussion)

Multiple Domain Names on One Server? // General Discussion

1  |

alphabit phalpha

Aug 22, 2002, 5:24pm
Hey:)

We are trying to set up a second domain name on win2k server.
Is there anything in particular we need to do to make it work?
We have entered the info on the domain management page yet it doesn't like
it:)
Any help greatly apppreciated:)
Thanks in advance!
Bit:)

zaphodbeeblebrox

Aug 22, 2002, 7:51pm
Step 1) Install a flavor of Linux
Step 2) Install Apache
Step 3) Configure
Step 4) Enjoy

alphabit phalpha

Aug 22, 2002, 8:04pm
Thanks zap....but looking for something to work with win2k:(
I think it's what we are putting in the domain name site that's the problem.
Thanks tho!:)

milesteg

Aug 22, 2002, 8:24pm
"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d653a7b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hey:)
>
> We are trying to set up a second domain name on win2k server.
> Is there anything in particular we need to do to make it work?
> We have entered the info on the domain management page yet it doesn't like
> it:)
> Any help greatly apppreciated:)
> Thanks in advance!
> Bit:)

Hi Aplhabit phalpha :)

you will find information about iis here :
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/
and for your particuliar problem.. it is here :
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/htm/core/iinamvs.htm?id=3
9

in general, for any info about microsoft products, i go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com and start a search...
Almost all avalaible informations about their products are there :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

alphabit phalpha

Aug 22, 2002, 8:33pm
Thanks Milesteg!
Looks like I have some reading to do...LOL

"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> wrote in
news:3d655fff$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Thanks zap....but looking for something to work with win2k:(
> I think it's what we are putting in the domain name site that's the
> problem. Thanks tho!:)

Both Apache 1 and Apache 2 work fine on Win32 platforms like W2k, have a
look here: http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/. They come in
..EXE and .MSI (MS Installer) packages and are very easy to set up and run.

KAH

athnex

Aug 23, 2002, 10:34pm
setup a index file that figures out what url was enterd into the browser..
and foward the page accordingly

"athnex" <awnews at athnex.com> wrote in
news:3d66d4ac at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> setup a index file that figures out what url was enterd into the
> browser.. and foward the page accordingly

The easiest way is to use virtual domains. I suppose IIS supports them.

KAH

zaphodbeeblebrox

Aug 24, 2002, 4:55pm
[View Quote] Lol yea, forgot about win32 version :D

alphabit phalpha

Aug 24, 2002, 11:40pm
Well thanks everyone:)
I REALLY managed to mess things up now...can't even get to the original page
Tex had set up...LOL
A little knowledge CAN hurt!
I told Tex not to leave me home alone that day:)
Seriously...thanks...I have some more fixing to do...yikes!...wish me
luck!:)