A Terrain Bug (General Discussion)

A Terrain Bug // General Discussion

1  |

dion

Jun 9, 2002, 4:28pm
The textures used on terrain don't work too well. A piece the width of 1
pixel and length of the entire texture is chopped off of one side and put on
the other, making it look pretty bad when the texture is a transition from
grass to dirt and whatnot. Sounds like an easy bug to fix, but I just wanted
to bring it to AWCom's attention so it can be fixed in the next update. :-)

robbie

Jun 9, 2002, 7:57pm
Thats the bug I found but I wasent sure whether thats what it was doing or
whether it was making an antialiased border from the mid-tones in the JPG
(i.e. the browser was compressing the JPG furtherly).

I forwarded this to Grimm since I brought this up with him before and we
werent sure what was going on.

-Robbie

[View Quote]

milesteg

Jun 9, 2002, 8:03pm
HI Dion,
Andras told me that this bug is known from AW staff and Shamus is working on
it ...
wait and See :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

"dion" <GovDion at subdimension.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d039e45 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The textures used on terrain don't work too well. A piece the width of 1
> pixel and length of the entire texture is chopped off of one side and put
on
> the other, making it look pretty bad when the texture is a transition from
> grass to dirt and whatnot. Sounds like an easy bug to fix, but I just
wanted
> to bring it to AWCom's attention so it can be fixed in the next update.
:-)

dion

Jun 9, 2002, 9:32pm
Alright, let's hope it's fixed in the next build *crosses fingers* :-D

[View Quote]

brant

Jun 10, 2002, 1:18pm
Just to let you know, Robbie says that this is indeed a bug and it is solved
in version 3.4, which will be released in two to three weeks.

Hope this helps,

-Brant

[View Quote]

dion