[NG Survivor 2] New Game, New Era, Wanna play? (General Discussion)

[NG Survivor 2] New Game, New Era, Wanna play? // General Discussion

1  |

nornny11

Apr 14, 2002, 4:56pm
As an individual ActiveWorldsophile, I don't have much to contribute to the
community except my love for replicating reality-television series.
Sorry, I've been cursed with bad genetics. :P There's been so much change
and chaos to
the AW community in just the past months, I really wanted to bring back
some semi-old times. That, my friends, would be Newsgroup Survivor, where
all the contestants are loony, and flaming is required! >:) I know some
oldies
are leaving very soon, and some newbies are joining the community ranks, and
then there's my pile of people who were unfortunately not casted for the
first season, who all have seen the game and are ready to make this second
cast and win THE BIG PRIZE...

Yes, there will be a big prize (*makes mental note to get big prize*), or at
least a very expensive one, considering how much citizenships sell for these
days. :) The location
for this season will be in the infamously off-topic general.disscussion
newsgroup. Where anything goes, and bashing someone else's momma will only
bring you praise. I know some of you are saying "Hey, this is cool, but
I don't think I'll last a minute." You'd be surprised how lucky this game
can get, just ride the waves. :)

This Newsgroup Survivor, most likely, will be my last. My citizenship
expires next January early in the month, and I'll be moving on with my real
life through a torturously challenging senior year as I head into the home
stretch to another virtual life, college. :) So, as you are slowly wiping
away your tears of sympathy, I urge you to apply for this game. You're
almost guaranteed a spot in the Sweet 16 that will compete in the same old
Survivor, with PLENTY of new twists (I can name at least three that will
blow everyone away). In the proccess, you might be eligible to win a variety
of rewards throughout the game besides the big prize.

Everyone here has a unique personality and attitude that I want for the
game. Almost all of you have the level of commitment (yes, it's that
minimal) to play the game. If you're going to be here over the summer for 16
weeks in front of the computer reading the newsgroup, on the web playing
games, and in Activeworlds doing something, then you're qualified!!! Sign
up!! :)) This season, the game will take place on all aspects of the web,
survivors will compete in real time, in fake time, even in VRT time. ;)
Tribal councils will be held live (to spark better drive in winning
competitions so you don't have to waste an hour of your weekend in AW being
voted off). Challenges will be web based games like the first season, but
also new games in AW itself, providing actual avatarian contact. And don't
get me started on what will happen to the game itself.

I've created a signup page at http://ngsurvivor.bravepages.com/signup.html
Yes, that is a preview of the new Survivor site too (thanks to Elated, no
more basic HTML stuff). It's totally preliminary and will only take 1 minute
(it's only 3 questions). More questions will come later. :))

So, get ready for the adventure of an AW lifetime. The competition for
Newsgroup Survivor 2: General.Discussion is about to begin! *blows the
opening theme to Survivor in a conch shell*

Nornny

PS. If anyone is willing to share some webspace that are pop-up ads-less,
it'd be much appreciated. Banners, to me, are no problem at all, but pop-up
ads are the worse (especially on my IE browser which can't even display
opened new windows in the first place). They tend to hurt people from
visiting the site, and in this game, the website is really crucial. :) Thnx
in advance.

about the webspace, ic ouold let you use mine, just that id have to upload
it for u. and one thing, im with easyspace, and have the 25mb one, so there
are ads at the bottom (not pop-up ones though)

[View Quote]

nornny11

Apr 14, 2002, 8:11pm
Thnx for the offer swe, but unfortunately, the Survivor site needs constant
update to keep up with the game and plus, you'll be spoiled early, and we
can't let secrets leak out before we want it to. lol.

However, I forgot all about easyspace, I think it will be close to perfect.
Thanks for your suggestion. :))

*Btw, FYI, I got your form submission*

Nornny

[View Quote] >

count dracula

Apr 14, 2002, 9:09pm
Hi,if you do not need a huge webspace,I could provide you with it.No banners
no pop-ups,just a bit cumbersome url,unless you have a domain.

Count Dracula
nornny11 <Nornny1 at attbi.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3cb9c2dd$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> [...]
> Yes, that is a preview of the new Survivor site too (thanks to Elated, no
> more basic HTML stuff). It's totally preliminary and will only take 1
minute
> (it's only 3 questions). More questions will come later. :))
>
> So, get ready for the adventure of an AW lifetime. The competition for
> Newsgroup Survivor 2: General.Discussion is about to begin! *blows the
> opening theme to Survivor in a conch shell*
>
> Nornny
>
> PS. If anyone is willing to share some webspace that are pop-up ads-less,
> it'd be much appreciated. Banners, to me, are no problem at all, but
pop-up
> ads are the worse (especially on my IE browser which can't even display
> opened new windows in the first place). They tend to hurt people from
> visiting the site, and in this game, the website is really crucial. :)

I could give you webspace on my server, unlimited space and bandwidth, no
banners or crap of any kind. only downside is that it can be a bit slow at
times (especially if you're gonna be using lots of dynamic stuff located on
the same server). if you're interested, mail me [kah at kahnews.cjb.net] :-))

nornny11

Apr 16, 2002, 9:44pm
Thank you for your kind offer KAH, Count Dracula has graciously shared some
of his space on his server with me so I'm good for now. :)

Anyways, thanks to CD, the website will be moved to
http://www.myactiveworlds.com/~ngsurvivor/ when it's completed, so check
back there often. But, more importantly, you can sign up even more quickly
and efficiently at http://www.myactiveworlds.com/~ngsurvivor/signup.html.
:)) Please sign up today before I resort to beggin. :)

Nornny

[View Quote] only
game
> real