Help. (General Discussion)

Help. // General Discussion

1  |

carlbanks

Mar 13, 2002, 12:35am
All the old posts dissappeared. What happened.

--
Come to news://kahnews.cjb.net/misc.NG3000
To have fun and enjoy. Theme is misc.

silenced

Mar 13, 2002, 1:11am
Your newsreader might delete posts after so many days..

If you have outlook go to tools -> options -> maintainance -> then make sure
it doesn't delete the messages after x amount of days :)

-Silenced

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Mar 13, 2002, 2:09am
Ok how do I get the old posts back.

--
Come to news://kahnews.cjb.net/misc.NG3000
To have fun and enjoy. Theme is misc.
And CarLBanks owns the NG.
[View Quote]

silenced

Mar 13, 2002, 2:15am
Remove your "account" that's stored in the newsreader then redownload..
That's the only way I know how to do it with outlook (if you're using that).
:)

-Silenced

[View Quote]

macb z@x.y

Mar 13, 2002, 2:57am
Using Outlook Express I think you can also use the RESET function under

"Tools/Options/Maintenence/Clean up now"

(someone obviously didn't spend too much time designing the menu on
Outlook Express did they?)

If you then go out of OE and back again the old messages will be
downloaded again.

[View Quote] > Remove your "account" that's stored in the newsreader then redownload..
> That's the only way I know how to do it with outlook (if you're using that).
> :)
>
> -Silenced

[View Quote]

silenced

Mar 13, 2002, 3:00am
I don't see the Reset function.. Maybe you have a different OE?

-Silenced

[View Quote]

dabartender

Mar 13, 2002, 11:25pm
In Outlook Express:

<Newsgroup Name> ---> right-click --> "Unsubscribe"

Close OE. *This is an important step.*

Re-open OE, go to:

Tools --> Options

Click the "Read" tab

Under "News:" Check the "Get <number of> Headers" box to be able to download
a maximum of 1000 headers, or uncheck the box to download every header
currently available on the server.

Close OE and re-open it one more time, re-subscribe to the newsgroup, and
let the games begin :-)