Drag Selector. (Wishlist)

Drag Selector. // Wishlist

1  |

absolute monarch

May 29, 2003, 9:52am
Hi guys.

I wish there was a function in building, where instead of manually selecting
each object, you could drag a box thingy. And that would select all objects
with in the place. I'm no stuck here with about 200 coords of land, which I
just realised I made ONE stupid click error. And I'm going outta my mind
deleting them.

Technical people, is this possible?

Thanks.

Absolute Monarch.

dlp anne

May 29, 2003, 11:57am
you can drag it around :-)
right click the object once then left click hold and move the mouse around.

"absolute monarch" <absolutemonarch at sapphireestates.cjb.net> wrote in
message news:3ed5f46b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi guys.
>
> I wish there was a function in building, where instead of manually
selecting
> each object, you could drag a box thingy. And that would select all
objects
> with in the place. I'm no stuck here with about 200 coords of land, which
> just realised I made ONE stupid click error. And I'm going outta my mind
> deleting them.
>
> Technical people, is this possible?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Absolute Monarch.

dlp anne

May 29, 2003, 12:01pm
opps read that wrong lol
you can select all objects the the same cell buy holding the ctrl key in
when selecting.
hold shift along with the ctrl and select stuff to pick many cells of
objects up at once and move all at once.
But careful doing that is when you release it all it can and will overload
the world server and you will have objects fly back to where they where.

[View Quote]

sk8man2

May 29, 2003, 5:01pm
I think what she means (or he...) is that you can drag like if you go onto
your desktop and left click and hold it and drag, it selects the icons on
the desktop that you drag the box over. This does sound like a good idea,
but it *could* get annoying when you're not selecting objects, so I guess it
could be another option or button somewhere.

[View Quote]

dlp anne

May 29, 2003, 6:15pm
Yep, I think that is what they are talking about also.
However moving a massive amounts of objects like that will overload the
server forcing many objects to go right back where they where before you
went to move them.

[View Quote]

sk8man2

May 29, 2003, 10:30pm
Yep, I've seen that. I do however wish there was a way to mass edit the
actions and descriptions of objects possibly. You could like shift click or
ctrl click some objects and be able to change them all if you wanted instead
of having to do it one by one if you decide to change the texture or
something. I do realise you can do that with one object using create name,
but that only works if the object with the create texture blah name=blah is
visible =\

*Snip*

technozeus

May 30, 2003, 5:47am
Should be possible, I would think. Right now, if you place a lanel object between you and a bunch of objects with coronas on them, the coronas get turned off (even if the panel object is semi-transparent and you can see the objects through it) so I would thinkit should be possible to use the same concept.. to allow a person to drag a selection rectangle across the screen to select any objects with their center (the part that the corona shined from, not the origin) covered by the selectin box. I don't think it would be anything easy to add... but possible, yes.

TechnoZeus