rating lock in browser (Wishlist)

rating lock in browser // Wishlist

1  |

cyberjak1

Nov 3, 2002, 10:45pm
I suggest to the Dev group that the Rating setting in the browser be
able to be supplied with a password by a minor's Parent/s to prevent
them from being able to change the setting from a lower ( ie: G or PG )
setting to something that would allow them to view worlds rated for
material that may be objectionable by said parent/s =)

sk8man1

Nov 3, 2002, 11:53pm
erm... read down a bit =P

carlbanks

Nov 4, 2002, 12:36am
Or up for most people

[View Quote] Only if you list posts in reverse order by date. I think it's more common for
Newsgroup posts to be newest to oldest while e-mails are oldest to newest.

--Bowen--

andras

Nov 4, 2002, 2:43pm
Well,,,, if you are doing a natural "Thread tree" look, it will be oldest to newest.

YMMW,
Andras

[View Quote] [View Quote]

lethys

Nov 4, 2002, 6:30pm
Try to stick to the subject at the first post of the thread.

> Well,,,, if you are doing a natural "Thread tree" look, it will be oldest to
newest.

Well yeah, but I mean from top to bottom wise with the thread trees.

[View Quote] Calm down USENET avenger. This won't turn into the same thread in the community
group for going slightly off topic.

--Bowen--

equin0x

Nov 5, 2002, 4:03am
Well, if this was a feature, it would be saved in the Aworld.ini file, which
would be like

[settings]
blah
blah
blah
pass=password (encrypted?)
blah
blah

all you gotta do is delete a bit of it and bam...
If it was in the browser, it would be very hard to set it in the browser or
anything but still could be cheated.

Don't say kinds won't know. I am 13 myself.

lady gabrielle

Nov 5, 2002, 3:07pm
*agrees*
LG

Yes thats a good idea, but nothing forced. For example I sometimes need / want to visit X / R rated worlds, such as AW911 when it is open, as long as someone dosent do something stupid like demanding proof of age before allowing your browser to change its rating limit im fine with that :)

technozeus

Nov 16, 2002, 4:12am
Ah yes, but smart parents will lay the law down and let the kid know that if they get caught using AW with that line deleted they'll lose their citizenship... or some other privilege they feel would be appropraite... and stick to it.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 16, 2002, 4:20am
Oh, there is a way around having it in the ini file or system registry... although I would not personally recommend it, the parental lock password "could" be stored at the universe server level and citizenships be purchased as full citizen or dependant citizen, where a dependant citizen would be registered as belonging to a specific full citizen... and perhaps some variation on that may be what they have already implimented in the latest alpha version... I don't know. I think we'll find out soon though.

TechnoZeus