bandwidth // Bots

1  |

brez

Feb 28, 2000, 4:03pm
hello.

I got a question concerning bandwidth and bots. I have
a bot that's running on the same machine as my world ... since the
bot is logging into the local host, is there any internet
activity (outside of the inital authentication through aw)?

Thanks y'all

brez.

faber

Feb 28, 2000, 4:14pm
No, the bot keeps a tcp connection to the universe server and to the world server.

Once the universe connection is up, there won't be much traffic besided heartbeats unless your bot
resolves citizen names/numberss or teleports to different worlds.

Faber