coloring tag (Wishlist)

coloring tag // Wishlist

Is there any reason why the "color" command cannot accept
a tag option? If not, it should have this option.

How do you mean?

Example : if an object has some polygons tagged (labeled) with
42, you can "create texture texturename tag=42", but you can
not "create color ff0000 tag=42"

One more thing I found lately, not sure if related, wireframe
polygons are not affected by "create color" at all, and prelight
doesn't work on them like expected.

Of course I can create any color as a texture with the dynamic
OP script, but that isn't the same.

Btw, this isn't documented for fetch.php I think.
"create texture ~rRRGGBB"
is the syntax. If you specify anything that isn't like this
pettern, it applies a random color for every download.

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 29, 2002, 4:55am
Interesting. I suggested the same thing only four days later, without seeing this one. Hehe. Here is the command syntax given in my suggestion...

color color [name=name] [mask=mask] [size=size] [tag=tag] [shared=flag]

For example, "create color 8000ff name=target1 mask=flame1m size=.5 tag=100" would color the sign text surface of target1 a nice purple in the shape of 4 flames.

For the full text of my related post, see: news:3dae1534 at server1.Activeworlds.com
Command enhancements
Wednesday, October 16, 2002 7:41 PM

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Nov 29, 2002, 9:49pm
I've noticed that on picture objects sometimes create color can turn the
whole thing that color, so i often choose to use something like: create
picture blah.jpg; animate me black. 1 1 0

that seems to work just as well..

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 30, 2002, 5:31am
Not the same thing, J.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Nov 30, 2002, 6:37pm
I tend to do that a lot, lol, but just throuhgt I'de throw it in anyhow..

[View Quote]

technozeus

Dec 1, 2002, 9:49am
At least you tried. :)