Slide Detection bug? (Wishlist)

Slide Detection bug? // Wishlist

1  |

zeo toxion

Jun 12, 2002, 10:02pm
Try making a series of flat walls a bit in the air with walks on either end.
You can get on the walk (to enable gravity) and slide along the wall
normally without worrying about falling off. You stick to the wall while
sliding all the way across! If this can't be fixed then we should at least
have the option for it. With it you can slide right through walls and many
place where you normally couldn't unless you have shift. That reminds me
that moving or deleting an object that isn't yours and running through
before it pops back up needs to be fixed also. I think that ones been around
forever.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

the derek

Jun 12, 2002, 11:03pm
ive sent email to aw, probably along with other people im sure its fixed in
the current beta release

"zeo toxion" <zeo at activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3d07e101$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Try making a series of flat walls a bit in the air with walks on
> either end. You can get on the walk (to enable gravity) and slide
> along the wall normally without worrying about falling off. You stick
> to the wall while sliding all the way across! If this can't be fixed
> then we should at least have the option for it. With it you can slide
> right through walls and many place where you normally couldn't unless
> you have shift. That reminds me that moving or deleting an object that
> isn't yours and running through before it pops back up needs to be
> fixed also. I think that ones been around forever.

Actually, this is a really old bug, strange how nobody seems to have
noticed most bugs before 3.3 lol. It's been there for ages, if you're
falling and collide with an object and keep walking into it, even if you're
in mid-air, you won't continue to fall until after you release the
forward/backward key. It's even more noticeable now with slide-detection,
though. The one about running through walls that have been deleted CAN'T be
fixed, the only way is to have response from the server that's extremely
fast so you don't get time to run through, it is very fast already, it's
not a program bug really.

Of course it can be fixed. Let the editors browser wait
for the cell update, like the browsers of all others do
that too. The cell will not be updated, if a wall cannot
be deleted

[View Quote]

zeo toxion

Jun 13, 2002, 7:22pm
But seriusly...if your lights are both white its considered the day pretty
much. Having the terrain black even in the day looks much worse.

--
A message from Zeo Toxion

[View Quote]

zeo toxion

Jun 13, 2002, 8:31pm
sorry i meant for this to reply to the other post about terrain hehe