SOS - Save Our Sanity (Wishlist)

SOS - Save Our Sanity // Wishlist

With increased features comes increased fustraition. As most builders know
by now if you have a object selected, if you click on it to exit building
mode as in earlier versions, there is a high probability that you will
completly ruin your object alignment due to a little feature where you can
rotate the object. Now as nice as this mode is it is absolute HELL when your
trying to work quickly with objects and need to unlock from a object and
exit building mode.

Hence I think it may be benefitial if you had to hold some key (like Alt)
when you want to free rotate a object, instead of it happening
automatically. That way we wont be pulling out hair out when weve just spent
2 hours on a build only for 1 pixel of mouse movement when were trying to
unlock from build mode, resulting in the entire building out of alignment.

-Mark

I didn't like this feature in 3.2 already, so I can only agree

[View Quote]

zeo toxion

Jun 2, 2002, 1:02pm
I totaly agree. The godo thing they did is the reset roation button and snap
to grid button that usually fixes any cracks or roattion problems but that
IF you catch them before your entire build is done.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

[View Quote]

absolute monarch

Jun 3, 2002, 5:07am
I know how complicated this new feature is! The only quick way to get out of
the building box mode is to make a replica of the object then hitting
delete, thats how i do it now anyway.

zeo toxion

Jun 3, 2002, 8:46am
Or you just click outside of the object onthe ground or something.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

Unless ur in the middle of a sphere6.rwx cause then ur seriously in a bad
position unless you know the lil trick :P

maki

Jun 3, 2002, 8:34pm
Clicking the small 'X' at the top of the window to close it? lol

--
maki [www.awmaki.com]

Actually you have to duplicate the object and delete it, or click the lil x,
lol

maki

Jun 5, 2002, 6:21pm
your idea is totally unnecessary .. ^_^ lol, interesting though

--
maki [www.awmaki.com]

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Jun 10, 2002, 5:38am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I believe there's an UNDO option in there to under the EDIT pull down menu.
However though, I do agree that there should be a Hot Key such as
(preferrably!) the ESC key assigned to it.

This is particularly important when the mouse driver crashes and you're
basically left with a transparent mouse pointer and you need to get out of
there to reboot the computer via Hot Keys. :-)

Just a thought....Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

"pc hamster" <pchamster at email.msn.com> wrote in
news:3d045786$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Remember that you can access menus with the ALT key :-)) If you haven't
got the object property window select you should be able to select it
using ALT + TAB.