Create YFix me true, and so forth (Wishlist)

Create YFix me true, and so forth // Wishlist

1  |

pc maniak

May 7, 2002, 7:28pm
I wish there was a set of commands
XFix, YFix, ZFix, YawFix and AllFix, that when activated, would make the
user stick to that object while the object is moving or rotating, as long as
the user doesnt rotate upside down, and the user would be able to get off
the object, simply by walking off it, but while they are touching it, they
stick to it.

This would make doing some kinds of building, much easier, and would allow
for more realistic buildings that could be much taller (ie: lifts) instead
of having to have a small bump warp underneath, or simply being shot up and
some redicule speed.

It would also be great for doing demonstrations, as you could move the
viewers around at your leisure.

I for one, think these rather simple set of commands, would make AW much
more powerfull, and fun to use :D

Pc Maniak
(Check out my world, "Maniak!!")

zeo toxion

May 7, 2002, 7:33pm
Great idea. i suggest sending it through the suggestion box becuase they
sure dont read this newsgroups that i know of. Thats if ti works for you.
Its been screwed up for the longest time....seesh.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

[View Quote]

carlbanks

May 7, 2002, 8:40pm
Nice idea.

[View Quote]

anduin

May 7, 2002, 9:31pm
Very nice, could also make roller coasters and water rides work properly
too.

"pc maniak" <webmaster at revenitor.co.uk> wrote in
news:3cd846f1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I wish there was a set of commands
> XFix, YFix, ZFix, YawFix and AllFix, that when activated, would make
> the user stick to that object while the object is moving or rotating,
> as long as the user doesnt rotate upside down, and the user would be
> able to get off the object, simply by walking off it, but while they
> are touching it, they stick to it.

good idea, and you're right, it's easy to program such a feature.

KAH

anduin

May 8, 2002, 9:46pm
Or maybe it shouldn't even be a command, you should naturally be able to
step onto a moving object and move along with it, no need for a command.