4.1 Preston now available // Bots

1  |

ima genius

Jun 2, 2006, 10:51pm
Preston, the popular, versatile, and easy to use bot is now available for AW
4.1 The details and download can be found on the ImaBot page at
http://www.imabot.com/ .
Thanks,
- Ima

Yay for public release *taps foot waiting for SDK to be put up for download
before someone has to be shot*

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

Ah ha, now I have it! SDK pages that no-one updates.

Have build 60 anywya

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."
[View Quote]

data26

Jun 13, 2006, 1:21am
build 39 and build 40 do not work at all.
When you try to log it in to the world you keep getting this error.

build 39 kept giveing this one.
Unable to create bot instance (reason: 518)

build 40 keeps giveing this one.
Unable to create bot instance (reason: sdk license error)

lord fett

Jun 13, 2006, 2:19am
Reason 518 is... SDK Version Mismatch. Which means you are trying to
send your 4.1 bot to a 3.6 universe. You can fix this by changing the
port from the old default (5670) which is for the 3.6 uniserver to the
new default port (0) which is for the 4.1 uniserver.

[View Quote]

data26

Jun 13, 2006, 8:36am
Thanks :-)

[View Quote]

ima genius

Jun 13, 2006, 1:02pm
Reason 518 is actually a license error. It can be caused if you have
the wrong universe entered. Please make sure you leave the universe field
blank.

There is also a bug in the SDK where you may get this error if you do
not have the license.awsdk file in the working directory of your program.
If you are running Preston from a shortcut, you may receive this error :)
- Ima

[View Quote]

data26

Jun 13, 2006, 1:30pm
Hmm I ran into a nother problem now.
I can't get it into my world located in another uni.
I get them same errors again.
Is this version for AW only at this time?

[View Quote]

slippery e

Jun 13, 2006, 1:33pm
"Ima Genius" <ima at imatowns.com> skrev i meddelandet news:448ed37b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Reason 518 is actually a license error. It can be caused if you have the wrong universe entered. Please make sure you leave
> the universe field blank.

aw_init; makes sure the license is valid and hasn't expired

aw_create_resolved (called by aw_create); same as aw_init but also checks universe address/port and maximum number of instances

aw_wait; same as aw_init

aw_enter; same as aw_init

> There is also a bug in the SDK where you may get this error if you do not have the license.awsdk file in the working directory
> of your program. If you are running Preston from a shortcut, you may receive this error :)
> - Ima

If this horrible thing is here to stay then they have to add a function to the sdk where you specify the path of the license to
load.
(Called before aw_init)

I'm hoping they will come to their senses and get rid of sdk licenses soon.
Because it doesn't add anything useful that can't be solved in a way that's transparent to the user.
And it's no longer possible to log bots into multiple univereses with a single instance of the sdk.

--
Slippery E

ima genius

Jun 14, 2006, 12:18am
If this is a 4.1 universe, you need to obtain the license.awsdk from the
universe owner. If it's a 3.x universe, you need to use Build 37 :)
- Ima

[View Quote]

ima genius

Jun 14, 2006, 12:19am