Weather script for Xelagot // Bots

1  |

panther1403

Jan 31, 2004, 9:22am
Well here it is. I have decided to release it. There are two files you need.
first the main script file:
http://www.aawr.net/realweather.txt
then the file with the sun position and lighting data that the script uses
to make the sun and moon move across the sky:
http://www.aawr.net/lightdata.txt
put both of these files in your X1s script directory.

Now for what the bot does. Every hour the bot will dload the weather report
from the National Weather Service. The script comes set to dload the weather
data for Boise, ID but it can be changed. There is a note in the script
about how to change it to your local weather. In my original post about this
script I said that the visibility is real life meaning 1 mile equals 1609
meters. I have changed that to 1 mile equals 100 meters because the maximum
vis in AW is just over a mile so it was never getting foggy. As I also said
in the first post the water freezes when the temp goes below 32 F and the
first cloud layer moves with the wind direction and speed. The script also
includes some verbal commands. There are 3 commands for the weather
(/weatherreport, /weatherforcast, and /nowcast << this one uses a weather
report that's only updated in bad weather.) and one to set you avatar (/av
avatarnumberhere) which I added just for the hell of it. I may add a few
more features to the bot like having it check for weather alerts and maybe
do something different for each one. For example if there's a tornado
warning or watch I may make it build sirens. It may also make announcements
about bad weather. I'm still working on how to add those features because
the National Weather Service uses different TXT files for each of the
different kind of warning and i have to find one that covers them all and i
have to make the bot stop using the weather warning info when it expires
which is listed at the top of the warning txt. But anyway here's the script.
I would advise you to find your local weather info and set the bots url to
use that because Boise's weather doesn't vary much during the winter. Its
usually grey.

zeofatex

Jan 31, 2004, 10:07am
Awesome ^_^

[View Quote]

panther1403

Jan 31, 2004, 10:44am
If you use the script id like to know what world your using it in so i can
come and check it out.
[View Quote]

xelag

Jan 31, 2004, 10:49am
Panther,

it would be nice if you made a html page with these instructions and
with the links to download. I could then set a link to your page :)

Alex

On 31 Jan 2004 06:22:19 -0500, "panther1403" <panther1403 at hotmail.com>
[View Quote] >Well here it is. I have decided to release it. There are two files you need.
>first the main script file:
>http://www.aawr.net/realweather.txt
>then the file with the sun position and lighting data that the script uses
>to make the sun and moon move across the sky:
>http://www.aawr.net/lightdata.txt
>put both of these files in your X1s script directory.
>
>Now for what the bot does. Every hour the bot will dload the weather report
>from the National Weather Service. The script comes set to dload the weather
>data for Boise, ID but it can be changed. There is a note in the script
>about how to change it to your local weather. In my original post about this
>script I said that the visibility is real life meaning 1 mile equals 1609
>meters. I have changed that to 1 mile equals 100 meters because the maximum
>vis in AW is just over a mile so it was never getting foggy. As I also said
>in the first post the water freezes when the temp goes below 32 F and the
>first cloud layer moves with the wind direction and speed. The script also
>includes some verbal commands. There are 3 commands for the weather
>(/weatherreport, /weatherforcast, and /nowcast << this one uses a weather
>report that's only updated in bad weather.) and one to set you avatar (/av
>avatarnumberhere) which I added just for the hell of it. I may add a few
>more features to the bot like having it check for weather alerts and maybe
>do something different for each one. For example if there's a tornado
>warning or watch I may make it build sirens. It may also make announcements
>about bad weather. I'm still working on how to add those features because
>the National Weather Service uses different TXT files for each of the
>different kind of warning and i have to find one that covers them all and i
>have to make the bot stop using the weather warning info when it expires
>which is listed at the top of the warning txt. But anyway here's the script.
>I would advise you to find your local weather info and set the bots url to
>use that because Boise's weather doesn't vary much during the winter. Its
>usually grey.

king small guy

Feb 1, 2004, 10:26am
i cant seem to get it to work ^_^
[View Quote]

king small guy

------=_NextPart_000_00DF_01C3E8C4.3573A030

Ive now put it in global mode :-P but now i get this error=20
11:04:46 VRT: Action Script file realweather.txt - error: SUB not found =
- GOSUB LOWVIS - error in line 139

11:04:46 VRT: ERROR in while ASClientList: EAccessViolation - Access =
violation at address 00403DAC in module 'x1.exe'. Read of address =
00000044

i need help

[View Quote] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ive now put it in global mode :-P but =
now i get=20
this error </FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>11:04:46 VRT: Action Script file =
realweather.txt -=20
error: SUB not found - GOSUB LOWVIS - error in line 139</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>11:04:46 VRT: ERROR in while =
ASClientList:=20
EAccessViolation - Access violation at address 00403DAC in module =
'x1.exe'. Read=20
of address 00000044</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i need help</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"king small guy" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:craigrood at btopenworld.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>craigrood at btopenworld.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:401cf08c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:401cf08c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; i =
cant seem to=20
get it to work ^_^<BR>&gt; "panther1403" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:panther1403 at hotmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>panther1403 at hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message<BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:401b8feb$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:401b8feb$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt; Well here it is. I have decided =
to release=20
it. There are two files you<BR>&gt; need.<BR>&gt; &gt; first the main =
script=20
file:<BR>&gt; &gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.aawr.net/realweather.txt"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>http://www.aawr.net/realweather.txt</FONT></A><BR><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; &gt; then the file with the sun position and =
lighting=20
data that the script uses<BR>&gt; &gt; to make the sun and moon move =
across the=20
sky:<BR>&gt; &gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.aawr.net/lightdata.txt"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>http://www.aawr.net/lightdata.txt</FONT></A><BR><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; &gt; put both of these files in your X1s =
script=20
directory.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Now for what the bot does. Every =
hour the=20
bot will dload the weather<BR>&gt; report<BR>&gt; &gt; from the National =
Weather=20
Service. The script comes set to dload the<BR>&gt; weather<BR>&gt; &gt; =
data for=20
Boise, ID but it can be changed. There is a note in the script<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
about how to change it to your local weather. In my original post =
about<BR>&gt;=20
this<BR>&gt; &gt; script I said that the visibility is real life meaning =
1 mile=20
equals 1609<BR>&gt; &gt; meters. I have changed that to 1 mile equals =
100 meters=20
because the<BR>&gt; maximum<BR>&gt; &gt; vis in AW is just over a mile =
so it was=20
never getting foggy. As I also<BR>&gt; said<BR>&gt; &gt; in the first =
post the=20
water freezes when the temp goes below 32 F and the<BR>&gt; &gt; first =
cloud=20
layer moves with the wind direction and speed. The script also<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
includes some verbal commands. There are 3 commands for the =
weather<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
(/weatherreport, /weatherforcast, and /nowcast &lt;&lt; this one uses a=20
weather<BR>&gt; &gt; report that's only updated in bad weather.) and one =
to set=20
you avatar (/av<BR>&gt; &gt; avatarnumberhere) which I added just for =
the hell=20
of it. I may add a few<BR>&gt; &gt; more features to the bot like having =
it=20
check for weather alerts and maybe<BR>&gt; &gt; do something different =
for each=20
one. For example if there's a tornado<BR>&gt; &gt; warning or watch I =
may make=20
it build sirens. It may also make<BR>&gt; announcements<BR>&gt; &gt; =
about bad=20
weather. I'm still working on how to add those features because<BR>&gt; =
&gt; the=20
National Weather Service uses different TXT files for each of =
the<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
different kind of warning and i have to find one that covers them all=20
and<BR>&gt; i<BR>&gt; &gt; have to make the bot stop using the weather =
warning=20
info when it expires<BR>&gt; &gt; which is listed at the top of the =
warning txt.=20
But anyway here's the<BR>&gt; script.<BR>&gt; &gt; I would advise you to =
find=20
your local weather info and set the bots url to<BR>&gt; &gt; use that =
because=20
Boise's weather doesn't vary much during the winter. Its<BR>&gt; &gt; =
usually=20
grey.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DF_01C3E8C4.3573A030--

panther1403

Feb 1, 2004, 12:20pm
ok. I have done as you suggested Xelag and I have created a page with
instructions and links to the Real Weather Script
http://aawr.net/real_weather_script.html

[View Quote]

xelag

Feb 1, 2004, 12:23pm
Yes, Sub Lowvis is indeed missing.

temporarily, in the Sub Parsevis, comment out the line
ifstring "/" isin $vis gosub lowvis
by putting a # in front of it
# ifstring "/" isin $vis gosub lowvis

Alex

On 1 Feb 2004 08:06:15 -0500, "king small guy"
[View Quote] >Ive now put it in global mode :-P but now i get this error
>11:04:46 VRT: Action Script file realweather.txt - error: SUB not found - GOSUB LOWVIS - error in line 139
>
>11:04:46 VRT: ERROR in while ASClientList: EAccessViolation - Access violation at address 00403DAC in module 'x1.exe'. Read of address 00000044
>
>i need help

[View Quote]

panther1403

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C3E894.BA35FCD0

ok i have found the problem and fixed it. anyone who dloaded the script =
before this post was posted needs to redload the script

[View Quote] 11:04:46 VRT: ERROR in while ASClientList: EAccessViolation - Access =
violation at address 00403DAC in module 'x1.exe'. Read of address =
00000044

i need help

[View Quote] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ok i have found the problem and fixed =
it. anyone=20
who dloaded the script before this post was posted needs to redload the=20
script</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"king small guy" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:craigrood at btopenworld.com">craigrood at btopenworld.com</A>&g=
t;=20
[View Quote] also<BR>&gt; said<BR>&gt; &gt; in the first post the water freezes =
when the=20
temp goes below 32 F and the<BR>&gt; &gt; first cloud layer moves with =
the=20
wind direction and speed. The script also<BR>&gt; &gt; includes some =
verbal=20
commands. There are 3 commands for the weather<BR>&gt; &gt; =
(/weatherreport,=20
/weatherforcast, and /nowcast &lt;&lt; this one uses a weather<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
report that's only updated in bad weather.) and one to set you avatar=20
(/av<BR>&gt; &gt; avatarnumberhere) which I added just for the hell of =
it. I=20
may add a few<BR>&gt; &gt; more features to the bot like having it =
check for=20
weather alerts and maybe<BR>&gt; &gt; do something different for each =
one. For=20
example if there's a tornado<BR>&gt; &gt; warning or watch I may make =
it build=20
sirens. It may also make<BR>&gt; announcements<BR>&gt; &gt; about bad =
weather.=20
I'm still working on how to add those features because<BR>&gt; &gt; =
the=20
National Weather Service uses different TXT files for each of =
the<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
different kind of warning and i have to find one that covers them all=20
and<BR>&gt; i<BR>&gt; &gt; have to make the bot stop using the weather =
warning=20
info when it expires<BR>&gt; &gt; which is listed at the top of the =
warning=20
txt. But anyway here's the<BR>&gt; script.<BR>&gt; &gt; I would advise =
you to=20
find your local weather info and set the bots url to<BR>&gt; &gt; use =
that=20
because Boise's weather doesn't vary much during the winter. =
Its<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
usually grey.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C3E894.BA35FCD0--

xelag

Feb 1, 2004, 12:36pm
See

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xelagot_scripts.html

Alex

On 1 Feb 2004 09:20:51 -0500, "panther1403" <panther1403 at hotmail.com>
[View Quote] >ok. I have done as you suggested Xelag and I have created a page with
>instructions and links to the Real Weather Script
>http://aawr.net/real_weather_script.html

[View Quote]

panther1403

Feb 1, 2004, 12:50pm
that was a sub i was going to use but instead i got rid of it. i forgot to
remove the gosub line but iv fixed that now and updated the script file that
is on aawr.net

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Feb 1, 2004, 5:33pm
Great job panther1403! Thank you for taking the time to do a webpage, and
for sharing your scripts!

LNH

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Feb 2, 2004, 12:55am
I'm giving it a whirl in Aeon world, running it from xelag Dwagon bot. Would
be nice if it worked with a skybox, and would be nice to keep the cloud
layers? I don't seem to have any clouds at all LOL. Come see, I'll leave it
running for a few days. Interesting tho...

LNH
Aeon world

[View Quote] maybe
> announcements
because
and
> script.
Its

lady nighthawk

Feb 2, 2004, 12:57am
BTW, something else is funky, in my browser the Date & Time (VRT) is
incorrect!

LNH

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Feb 2, 2004, 1:11am
Well I guess I should have waited for *someone else* to test this first LOL,
seems I have no world water, clouds or any other setting I had before.

LNH

[View Quote]

panther1403

Feb 2, 2004, 9:19am
make sure you have the lightdata.txt dloaded and saved in the same directory
as the weather script. I have skyboxes disabled because i wanted to try
using the sky colors. to enable skyboxes find the sub called
changeattributes and in that sub there's a line that reads #skybox $sky.
Remove the # from that line. then save the script and reload it into your
bot and it should use skyboxes

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Feb 2, 2004, 1:57pm
Yep it's there in the same folder. I did notice that beside the file changes
you mentioned, there were three more changes from your Boise files to my
local weather files, I'd advise folks to look carefully and be sure to
change both instances of all three files (whereas your tut only mentioned
changing the top one of each, there is a second instance of each).

I did try to us it with my skyboxes and it looks pretty good except for sun
up and sun down where the corona goes in front of the skybox, mine happen to
have mountains so it looks pretty funky to have the sun rise or set in front
of the mtns LOL.

Also, I noticed you have your own cloud textures, and water textures, etc
.... folks need to be aware that those will get changed unless they set it to
their own. Or, perhaps you could provide those files?

Finally, although in preliminary stages and yes it has *some issues* ...
this really rocks and the concept is great. Just be sure if you use it that
you write down ALL of your World Feature settings first. That way if you
don't like the effect you can at least go back to what you have now. By this
I mean write down the sky, clouds (all 3 layers), water, fog, etc ...
anything pertaining to *weather*. Luckily I have my previous xelag
worldscheduler in one bot, and this realweather in another so I can always
get my [Sherry] to fix what my [Dwagon] has messed up LOL (dwagons are like
that).

LNH
PS ... looking forward to those revisions we talked about hun! Great job
hun!!! Hugzzz...

[View Quote]

xelag

Feb 2, 2004, 9:13pm
A suggestion to Panther :)

You could use ini files for variable parameters, like sky textures
etc, or the use or not of skyboxes etc. Ini files were introduced in
scripting not long ago, and can be a great help!

Alex

On 2 Feb 2004 10:57:19 -0500, "lady nighthawk"
[View Quote] >Yep it's there in the same folder. I did notice that beside the file changes
>you mentioned, there were three more changes from your Boise files to my
>local weather files, I'd advise folks to look carefully and be sure to
>change both instances of all three files (whereas your tut only mentioned
>changing the top one of each, there is a second instance of each).
>
>I did try to us it with my skyboxes and it looks pretty good except for sun
>up and sun down where the corona goes in front of the skybox, mine happen to
>have mountains so it looks pretty funky to have the sun rise or set in front
>of the mtns LOL.
>
>Also, I noticed you have your own cloud textures, and water textures, etc
>... folks need to be aware that those will get changed unless they set it to
>their own. Or, perhaps you could provide those files?
>
>Finally, although in preliminary stages and yes it has *some issues* ...
>this really rocks and the concept is great. Just be sure if you use it that
>you write down ALL of your World Feature settings first. That way if you
>don't like the effect you can at least go back to what you have now. By this
>I mean write down the sky, clouds (all 3 layers), water, fog, etc ...
>anything pertaining to *weather*. Luckily I have my previous xelag
>worldscheduler in one bot, and this realweather in another so I can always
>get my [Sherry] to fix what my [Dwagon] has messed up LOL (dwagons are like
>that).
>
>LNH
>PS ... looking forward to those revisions we talked about hun! Great job
>hun!!! Hugzzz...

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Feb 3, 2004, 2:20am
Ya I suggested that and a few other ideas LOL. One thing I suggested was
that he try to format it somewhat like the worldscheduler script. I've got
*other things* in with my world scheduler and if I go to his script (as it
is) I won't be able to incorporate those into his, which means I'll then
have to go to two scripts and two bots where now I use one bot for both
scripts. I really did enjoy the effect of his script however! Even if it did
change all my World Features to his LOL. I've since attempted to change his
script so that I have the features, textures, etc, that I'm use to.

He's got a great idea goin here and doing a wonderful job. Keep up the great
work panther!

LNH

[View Quote]

pineriver

Feb 3, 2004, 11:48pm
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml

lady nighthawk

Feb 10, 2004, 12:43am
In the lightdata script, can you please explain what the figures are in just
one line? Ex:

0:0=150,150,150,0,15,3,116,116,116,43,-147,0,0,25,0,0,25,0,0,25,0,0,25,0,0,2
5,0,0,0

I understand 0:0 to be midnight, but what are these color codes for
specifically please? Yes I know they are RGB ... my question is what set of
3 colors goes for what ambient, diffuse, etc?

Lady NightHawk