RWX browser/modeler // Bots

1  |

slipaway

Mar 23, 2003, 7:13am
I'm looking for a program to view/browse local RWX files. Would it be
possible to create a "rwx" plugin for the P3dO browser to support Active
World RWX files?

http://www.senosoft.com/softp3do.php

Also, instead of having "Object Yards" would it be possible to create a
web-based viewer (possibly php based) that could browse a directory and
create thumbnail images of all the objects? Then when you click on a
thumbnail it would open the object up in a larger window? (a web-based
viewer)

katerine

Mar 23, 2003, 11:47am
I already had some talks with the owner of that program some months ago (a
french program by the way) he was ok to add the RWX support at first, then
he gave up on the idea.
Unfortunately :(

"slipaway" <mark at nextechcom.com> a écrit
news:3e7d7aa4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm looking for a program to view/browse local RWX files. Would it be
> possible to create a "rwx" plugin for the P3dO browser to support Active
> World RWX files?
>
> http://www.senosoft.com/softp3do.php

slipaway

Mar 24, 2003, 1:30pm
<sigh> That would have been great if we could have gotten him to add .rwx
support.

I wonder how hard it would be to write a plugin on our own? The program
supports plugins, and I'm sure there are plenty of developers on the list.
Maybe someone would be willing to help write a plugin so we could view AW
RWX files using that p3dO browser?

Mark

[View Quote]

slipaway

Mar 24, 2003, 8:45pm
Katrine,

Yeah, I don't think Yarp is familiar with the AW .rwx file standard. Maybe
we can get some of the guys (Ananas, and Andras) to help him? If he could
add AW's .rwx support, that would be awesome!

It would make a great file browser for viewing local files, and viewing
..jpg, .gif, .cob, and .rwx files locally on your machine. It supports
EVERYTHING, including 3D Studio, TrueSpace/Caligari objects (COB) files,
Bryce files, and "The Sims" files. Now if we could only convince him to add
AW's .rwx support.

Here is a list of all the file types this browser currently supports:

http://www.senosoft.com/softp3doFileFormat.php

Everyone, please drop Yarp an E-mail, (yarp at senosoft.com) and ask him to
support the AW .rwx file type!

Mark

Is his plugin interface documented?

I checked and didn't find any documentations about that -
and I didn't download the stuff because it needs DX7 or so

[View Quote]

katerine

Mar 25, 2003, 10:05am
I am not sure that the problem is about Yarp's competences.
In my opinion, it is more because of the leak of requests.
The RWX format is not known and he might think it is not worth the work.

I invited him to take a look at this thread, let's hope that he will
reconsider.

"slipaway" <mark at nextechcom.com> a écrit
news:3e7f8a6c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Katrine,
>
> Yeah, I don't think Yarp is familiar with the AW .rwx file standard.
> Maybe we can get some of the guys (Ananas, and Andras) to help him?
> If he could add AW's .rwx support, that would be awesome!
>
> It would make a great file browser for viewing local files, and
> viewing .jpg, .gif, .cob, and .rwx files locally on your machine. It
> supports EVERYTHING, including 3D Studio, TrueSpace/Caligari objects
> (COB) files, Bryce files, and "The Sims" files. Now if we could only
> convince him to add AW's .rwx support.
>
> Here is a list of all the file types this browser currently supports:
>
> http://www.senosoft.com/softp3doFileFormat.php
>
> Everyone, please drop Yarp an E-mail, (yarp at senosoft.com) and ask him
> to support the AW .rwx file type!
>
> Mark

[View Quote]

slipaway

Mar 26, 2003, 1:27am
I wasn't saying that Yarp is incompetent. I was just saying that we have
people like Ananas and Andras on this thread that have experience in dealing
with .rwx browsers (that support the AW .rwx files). I don't believe the AW
..rwx files are exactly 100% compliant with .rwx (correct me if I'm wrong).
But by having Ananas and Andras work together with Yarp, they could create a
nice plugin (that would work well with AW 3.3/3.4 and hopefully all AW .rwx
files).

I talked to Yarp about it, and he didn't seem against it. If he has
documentation, on how to create a plugin for his browser, then it might be
worth looking into. It really would be awesome to have a browser such as
this to view local .rwx files.

Mark

[View Quote]

slipaway

Mar 26, 2003, 4:21am
Ananas,

I posted the plugin SDK here:

http://objects.nextechcom.com/downloads/c3d_sdk.zip

You can download it, and see if it answers some/most of your questions.