Thread

Brant's PaintballBot help needed (Bots)

Brant's PaintballBot help needed // Bots

1  |

mrbruce

Jun 8, 2002, 7:43am
Ok I have ran into a slight problem with Shoemakervillage.org paintballbot
verson 3.0.
Brant I need to know how to obtain and install in the right placethe
following file AWSDKOCX.OCX. I had a problem with this file missing on my pc
once in the past and was never able to figure exactly where to put it.
The complete error I get is the following (Component 'AWSDKOCX.OCX or one of
it's dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid)
That is the complete line I get, when I attemp to start the bot.
Be advise, any help you provide would be great!
Thank You!
MrBruce, A!!CT world owner

grimble

Jun 8, 2002, 7:58am
Wow ... that's old. If you have the file, then put it (with its accompanying
..tlb file) in your windows system directory (varies per windows installation
but usually C:\Windows\System on Win9x machines). If you don't have the
file, and no-one here has a copy they can send you, then I'd suggest you get
in touch with MrGrimm at www.grimmsoft.com to get the old version (only
AwSdkOcx3, 4 and 5 are available for download on the web-site).

Grims

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Jun 8, 2002, 9:05am
Ok well, I have Windows ME and I ran into this problem months ago with
BillyBobs RPG Bot and I put the file in my windows system file folder and
that program still would not work.
I had Brant's Paintball 2.4 and it worked fine it did not ask for this OCX
exstension.
I obviously need it for the bot to run, so I need to know exactly where to
download AWSDKOCX.OCX that will work with Windows ME and how and where to
install it so the Shoemakervillage 3.00 PaintballBot will find it and use it
correctly, without screwing up my OS.
I would really like some detailed info as shamefully I admit I am not that
knowlegeable about SDK or C++ or Visual Basic stuff. Being a world owner
does not allow time to study these things LOL.
HELP!
MrBruce.
[View Quote]

grimble

Jun 8, 2002, 9:57am
From what I can see in the zip file, v2.44 uses AwSdkOcx3.ocx. ME may be
different, but if the SDK OCX file is missing, Win98 reports the correct
version of the file (i.e. AwSdkOcx3.ocx not just AwSdkOcx.OCX). If you're
copying the wrong version of the file then it won't help you. I imagine v3.0
of the bot will use at least AwSdkOcx4.ocx, if not AwSdkOcx5.ocx. Download
the correct one from http://www.grimmsoft.com/aw/sdk/ if the message tells
you the exact file, then copy the ocx to your windows\system directory and
try again.

Otherwise, you'll just have to show some patience and wait for Brant to be
available.

[View Quote]

milesteg

Jun 8, 2002, 10:58am
Hi MrBruce,
Just a reminder :
ocx need to be registred.
To do so, you need to use an utility called regsvr32.exe that is in your
system directory
copy your ocx where it needs to be then drag it on the regsvr32 to register
it :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

"mrbruce" <MrBruce406969 at aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d01e50e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ok well, I have Windows ME and I ran into this problem months ago with
> BillyBobs RPG Bot and I put the file in my windows system file folder and
> that program still would not work.
> I had Brant's Paintball 2.4 and it worked fine it did not ask for this OCX
> exstension.
> I obviously need it for the bot to run, so I need to know exactly where to
> download AWSDKOCX.OCX that will work with Windows ME and how and where to
> install it so the Shoemakervillage 3.00 PaintballBot will find it and use
it
> correctly, without screwing up my OS.
> I would really like some detailed info as shamefully I admit I am not that
> knowlegeable about SDK or C++ or Visual Basic stuff. Being a world owner
> does not allow time to study these things LOL.
> HELP!
> MrBruce.
[View Quote]

brant

Jun 8, 2002, 2:45pm
Sorry, I worked a 16 hour day on Friday and didn't get a chance to read this
post. I'll take a look into this and get back to you as soon as I can :)

Thanks,

-Brant

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Jun 8, 2002, 3:11pm
Ok Brant I added awsdkocx5.ocx to my system folder as I was told to do by
grimble then I told the system to sort the folder by name and right next to
it is awsdkocx3.ocx! So there was a version of it in my Windows system
folder.
2.4 worked ok, but I want to run the 3.0 it has a better layout, even though
it is beta.
It appears that it would work if that error could be over come.
I added the awsdkocx5.ocx just the same to the same directory and left the
awsdkocx3.ocx as well.
Keep me informed Thanks!
MrBruce
[View Quote]

mrbruce

Jun 8, 2002, 3:40pm
One more thing, after adding the new awsdkocx5.ocx
I am still getting the same error at startup of the bot as I posted in my
first post, so that did not help either.
MrBruce.
[View Quote]

milesteg

Jun 8, 2002, 4:32pm
did you try to register it like I posted earlier? :)

MilesTeg

"mrbruce" <MrBruce406969 at aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d024178 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> One more thing, after adding the new awsdkocx5.ocx
> I am still getting the same error at startup of the bot as I posted in my
> first post, so that did not help either.
> MrBruce.
[View Quote]

mrbruce

Jun 8, 2002, 11:07pm
i found the application regsvr32.exe and click on it, but seen no where to
add it, ok question. Do I just copy and past it INTO the regsvr32.exe
because when i just click on it it says in a box with Exclamation point the
following>> NO DLL NAME SPECIFIED Useage: Regsvr32 [/u] [/s] [/n] [/i[:
Cmdline]] Dllname
/u- Unregister server
/s- Silent; display no message boxes
/c- Console output
/i- Call Dllinstall passing it an optional [cmdline]; when used with
/u calls dll uninstall
/n- do not call DllRegisterServer; this option must be used with /i
That's what I see when I double click Regsvr32 in my windows system folder.
Now what?
MrBruce.
[View Quote]

andras

Jun 9, 2002, 4:47am
Open a command prompt window
type:
regsrv32 c:\windows\system\awsdkocx3.ocx
close the command propmt window.

Andras

[View Quote]

milesteg

Jun 9, 2002, 8:21am
consider regsvr32.exe like cobdump3.exe .. this utility needs the name of
the ocx as argument like cobbump3 needds the name of the cob file...
ocx are a special case of activex dll.. that s why regsvr32 is talking about
dll.
you can register your ocx like andras said or simply open Explorer, drag
your ocx with your mouse and drop it on the regsvr32.exe.a messagebox saying
registration succeeded will appear .

Regards,
MilesTeg

"mrbruce" <MrBruce406969 at aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d02aa3e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i found the application regsvr32.exe and click on it, but seen no where to
> add it, ok question. Do I just copy and past it INTO the regsvr32.exe
> because when i just click on it it says in a box with Exclamation point
the
> following>> NO DLL NAME SPECIFIED Useage: Regsvr32 [/u] [/s] [/n] [/i[:
> Cmdline]] Dllname
> /u- Unregister server
> /s- Silent; display no message boxes
> /c- Console output
> /i- Call Dllinstall passing it an optional [cmdline]; when used
with
> /u calls dll uninstall
> /n- do not call DllRegisterServer; this option must be used with /i
> That's what I see when I double click Regsvr32 in my windows system
folder.
> Now what?
> MrBruce.
[View Quote]

brant

Jun 9, 2002, 11:42am
It looks like you installed the wrong version of the OCX. Version 3 beta of
the paintball bot uses version 4, while version 2.24 uses version 3. Try
installing the fourth version of the OCX into the system folder and see what
happens :)

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Jun 9, 2002, 2:07pm