Preston question.... // Bots

1  |

mike zimmer

May 16, 2001, 8:19pm
Is there a way to make Preston do multiple things with one saying. Such as
/create mission1, I want a sign to be created that explains the mission and
a sign that says we are currently playing mission 1 at the same time. I
would really like a response. Thank You.

agent1 agent1

May 16, 2001, 8:42pm
Sequences should do what you want.

I'm not very familiar with Preston, but I guess you could use the spoken
command as trigger for several events...

faber

May 17, 2001, 4:12pm
I am assuming you use Preston 33.

Enter a regular entry to your dictionary that puts up the sign. Then right-click that new created event and select "add sequence".

The new action edit dialog is now attached as a sequence to your sign action. Adjust the settings so that this second entry creates
a sign as well, and click "OK" to save these changes. Now the dictionary display both entries in sequence.

the old one.

Faber

"mike zimmer" <zimmer at pitnet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b02fcfa at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Is there a way to make Preston do multiple things with one saying. Such as
> /create mission1, I want a sign to be created that explains the mission and
> a sign that says we are currently playing mission 1 at the same time. I
> would really like a response. Thank You.

really? in the older versions, you can add a spoken command [botname]
versino and it says both...

faber

May 18, 2001, 12:37pm
"kah" <kah at kahbot.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b041508 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> really? in the older versions, you can add a spoken command [botname]
> versino and it says both...
>
> KAH

Well, you can add a sequence to the build-in version command.

Besides that, the "read-only" feature of version and owner suffered more than once from bugs that allowed their temporary
replacement or removal.

Faber