Ignoring/blocking threads/senders with OE (Community)

Ignoring/blocking threads/senders with OE // Community

1  |

weizer

Aug 12, 2004, 7:15pm
I used the "ignore" function of OE but it didn't seem to work : the posts
under this thread are still downloading... what's the use of using this
function if the only thing it does is remembering you that you ignored a
thread ? Or maybe I didn't understand how it works. What I want to do is to
ignore a thread, so all the replies to it don't download anymore... it's
useless for me to download a flame war that I will not read anyway. And also
how can I block a specific sender ? Someone can help me ? Thanks !

Weizer

ryan

Aug 12, 2004, 7:44pm
I dunno about OE, but Mozilla Thunderbird's ignore feature completely
abolishes the thread from my sight. If anyone uses Mozilla Thunderbird
and needs instructions on how to ignore threads, please lemme know.

Ryan

[View Quote]

ciena

Aug 13, 2004, 5:48pm
I have OE also and would like to know too. This is getting waaaay out of
hand!
[View Quote]

mauz

Aug 13, 2004, 7:19pm
[View Quote] On the Message menu, click Ignore Conversation.
Then click View, point to Current View, and select
Hide Read or Ignored Messages. (From OE's help)

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

weizer

Aug 13, 2004, 10:14pm
What if I don't want to hide read messages but only ignored ones ? Thanks
for the info tho :-)

Weizer

"mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:411d3053 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

mauz

Aug 14, 2004, 11:11am
[View Quote] From OE's Help file again...
"If you want to hide ignored messages, but want to keep your read messages visible,
click Hide Read or Ignored Messages as instructed above,
click View, point to Current View, and then select Define Views.
In the Define Views dialog box, click New.
In box 1 of the View Editor, select Where the message has been read.
In box 2, click the words Show/Hide and select Show messages.
In box 3, give this view a name, and then click OK."

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

itsjustthewind

Aug 14, 2004, 4:29pm
Hi,
OE=Outlook Express I assume?

If so......

While I no longer use Outlook Express for newgroups, I use it in the
past,it has great filtering options and usually just blocked threads or
authors completely rather than use the ignore feature. If that's what
you guys are looking to do, you can just highlight the message you want
to block and then go up to the main toolbar to "Message" then go down
to "Create Rule From Message" and a box will appear with a number of
options for you to choose.

You can also just go up to "Tools" and choose "Message Rules" then
choose "News", the same sort of options box pops up there as well. I
normally choose "Delete it" in the action box.

Hope this helps...:)

Itsjustthewind

[View Quote]

weizer

Aug 14, 2004, 4:35pm
Thanks !

Weizer

"mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:411e0f72$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...