Some other virus: (Community)

Some other virus: // Community

1  |

johnf

------------------------
Dear user, the management of 3d-reality.com mailing system wants to let you
know that,

We warn you about some attacks on your e-mail account. Your computer may
contain viruses, in order to keep your computer and e-mail account safe,
please, follow the instructions.

For further details see the attach.

Cheers,
The 3d-reality.com team http://www.3d-reality.com
------------------------

I received the above e-mail this morning (I assume its coming from the same
place as netsky), containing W32/Bagle.n at MM. Watch out for these
yourselves.... luckily I a) Own the domain, so I know its fake and B) don't
open executable extension files, lol!

~John

andras

> I received the above e-mail this morning (I assume its coming from the same
> place as netsky), containing W32/Bagle.n at MM. Watch out for these
> yourselves.... luckily I a) Own the domain, so I know its fake and B) don't
> open executable extension files, lol!
>
> ~John

Removal tool for those who are infected (I know at least one AW user who is) :

<http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.beagle at mm.removal.tool.html>

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

lioness.

Mar 14, 2004, 6:00pm
yes, I got the same thing too but mine says from yahoo. I guess cus my email
addy is from yahoo. Turns out it also was the "beagle" virus. Thank goodness
I didn't just assume it was from yahoo and double checked it right away. But
it DID look like a legit message at first. Am pasting it here to show
everyone, but please note that I am altering yahoo's link so nobody can
accidentally click on it. Be careful out there folks:

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 05:47:08 -0500
To: <<my email addy was here>
Subject: Email account utilization warning.
From: noreply at 3d-reality.com

----------vsbjfstxyuiatyinenis

Dear user, the management of <b>3d-reality.com</b> mailing system wants
to let you know that,<br>
We warn you about some attacks on your e-mail account. Your computer may
safe,<br>
please, follow the instructions.<br><br>

For further details see the attach.<br>
Cheers,<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; The 3d-reality.com team &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <a

----------vsbjfstxyuiatyinenis

****************** McAfee VirusScan ************************
******* Alert generated at: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:58:16 +0000 *********

McAfee VirusScan has detected a potential threat in this e-mail=20
sent by noreply at 3d-reality.com.
The following actions were attempted on each suspicious part.=20
We strongly recommend that you report this virus-related activity=20
to noreply at 3d-reality.com.

The attachment "MoreInfo.pif" is infected with the New Malware.b Virus(e=
s).=20
This attachment has been quarantined.

----------vsbjfstxyuiatyinenis--

[View Quote]

lioness.

Mar 14, 2004, 9:19pm
Thanks for reminding me hon! Forgot all about that! ;-"D

[View Quote]

andras

Mar 15, 2004, 12:22am
[View Quote] > X-McAfeeVS-TimeoutProtection: 0
> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 05:47:08 -0500
> To: <<my email addy was here>
> Subject: Email account utilization warning.
> From: noreply at 3d-reality.com

Thanks - I know this person and I warned him about his machine infected!

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

alexthemartian

Mar 15, 2004, 4:19am
lol.. look at this, it is so stupid becuase there is no such thing as a
virtual-studios.net team, becuase that is my own DOMAIN! FAKE! FAKE!:

"Dear user of Virtual-studios.net e-mail server gateway,

Some of our clients complained about the spam (negative e-mail content)
outgoing from your e-mail account. Probably, you have been infected by
a proxy-relay trojan server. In order to keep your computer safe,
follow the instructions.

For more information see the attached file.

Yours,
The Virtual-studios.net team
http://www.virtual-studios.net "

alexthemartian

Mar 15, 2004, 4:47am
btw i posted the headers in my post above named "what the?"

[View Quote] > lol.. look at this, it is so stupid becuase there is no such thing as a