Stupid Kid Email (Community)

Stupid Kid Email // Community

1  2  |

rossyboy

Nov 27, 2003, 11:48pm
Nah MrBruce, I don't think it's M's style.

[View Quote] > The kid in question I'm sure is the notorius villain whose name I mentioned
> once before in here which got me an email from Mountain Myst saying if I
> posted his name in AW again my worlds and cits will be suspended. Now you
> think of who they are fighting for in that email you recieved...HINTS its a
> HIM and HIS name begins with M and its 4 letters spaced apart like this M *
> * * Got the hint yet?
[View Quote]

rossyboy

Nov 27, 2003, 11:56pm
Exactly Kah... it's all just a load of show. They make the propdumps
from their cache and intercept the OP password in transit - and it's
possible for them to do what they did in Myra. Big wow. NOT

[View Quote] > "mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
> news:3fc3e743 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> Look, all that is possible by means other than actually hacking or doing
> anything that does damage. It's easy enough to steal/copy property and
> terrain data, as well as OP passwords. You have to remember that all that
> is available simply by asking the server for it.
>
> However, they CANNOT do ANY damage! The ONLY way would be to get ahold of
> cit or privilege passwords, in which case it's whoever was foolish enough
> to give it to them's fault, and cloning. I'm not sure if cloning still
> works, and I doubt these less than script kiddies would be able to do it.
>
> KAH

kimdelee

Nov 28, 2003, 2:23pm
OK, Now that you know the stuff he can pull, have you taken away his bold in
A!!CT? He keeps putting htings up in my event build and has even deletd a
few things just to be annoying. His all pissy cause Star cleared the 30DM
of land he had covered for no appearant reason. He comes bakc 6 months
later (last week) saying his cit is new and hes only been on AW a month.
(bullshit)

Are Mel and I safe from his stupid antics now, so we can continue with the
Winter Wonderland project?

"ssl." <gold at midtech.net> wrote in
news:3fc65dc5 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> mrbruce"Mountain Myst saying if I
> posted his name in AW again my worlds and cits will be suspended. Now
> you think of who they are fighting for in that email you
> recieved...HINTS its a HIM and HIS name begins with M and its 4
> letters spaced apart like this M * * * Got the hint yet?"
>
> I think he's the one responsible for the pop up attack I had.
> He's hated me since day one....
> Its like Harry Potter and Voldemort...
> but its Ssl and Voldem*tt O_o

Anyone could give you some homemade spyware or flood you with Windows
Messenger alerts. If it was him, then just get a firewall and configure
it properly.

> We have a link with one another....a strange one..o.o.....
> im not saying i have a scar of my head but..x.X...
> I know him..and once sort of tried to make friends with him.
> As it happens, the rest of the people were hating him,and bump warping
> him to other worlds to get revenge..and i was sticking up for him.
> Since he had noone to help him fight the mob off.
> He thought i was one of them and got seriously ticked off.

Okay...

> Ever since then anything i built was deleted in either 30 minutes, or
> that same day.
>
> Im sure it was him because he'd left signs blaming it on me
>
> and he's the only one that would do that.

Uh, *how* would he delete your property? Same issues as with the popup
thing, you have to think "is it technically possible?". Unless you've
given him a PW or PPW, and if the property was in a world where he did
not have privileges to delete other people's property, then he didn't.

> Another thing, the world Myra, supposedly belongs to him. Then again
> it could be Stefan behind it all.
> oh..
> The person who has been hacking into worlds and copying the cell.dat
> and prop dumps...is none other than
>
> THEJOKER SS .

Stefan owns Myra I believe. Stefan = THE JOKER SS, yes. He's not been
hacking into worlds, no. Yes, he has been dumping his cache or made his
own little SDK to get propdumps and OP passwords.

> ( See URGENT NEWS BULLITEN FOR ENTIRE ACTIVEWORLDS COMMUNITY)
> What can i say..I was fearful for what would happen to the community,
> so i capped it all. I'm sorry if i got anyone annoyed.

Wow, how scary. People are going to copy our buildings and steal our OP
passwords, I'm gonna piss my pants soon.

Sorry for being so harsh, but you have to THINK about what you say and
believe...

Theyre loosing all the stuff they have... simply as AWI bothers to change
encryptions and remove backwards compatabilities etc.

- mR

[View Quote]

ssl 2

Nov 29, 2003, 6:03pm
[View Quote] mrbruce"Mountain Myst saying if I
posted his name in AW again my worlds and cits will be suspended. Now
you think of who they are fighting for in that email you
recieved...HINTS its a HIM and HIS name begins with M and its 4
letters spaced apart like this M * * * Got the hint yet?"

I think he's the one responsible for the pop up attack I had.
He's hated me since day one....
Its like Harry Potter and Voldemort...
but its Ssl and Voldem*tt

Anyone could give you some homemade spyware or flood you with Windows
Messenger alerts. If it was him, then just get a firewall and configure
it properly.

::Ok enough with the spyware things.
I've dealt with it and removed it.
Hopefully it wont happen again. Or at least for a few months
I have Two firewalls, my original winXP firewall
and the free Zone Alarm firewall.
Any firewalls you'd recommend I'd like please.. =S

Okay...

Ever since then anything i built was deleted in either 30 minutes, or
that same day.

Im sure it was him because he'd left signs blaming it on me

and he's the only one that would do that.

Uh, *how* would he delete your property? Same issues as with the popup
thing, you have to think "is it technically possible?". Unless you've
given him a PW or PPW, and if the property was in a world where he did
not have privileges to delete other people's property, then he didn't.

: AWN as tourist, Kah...not cit builds.
And i see it could have been one of his wanna-be's

[...]

People work hard on things,Kah
Of course anyone would be ticked if they went and copied their work that
they did not want copied without their permission.

And I think I may have called you Kol for some strange reason. Sorry.

S.

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Nov 29, 2003, 7:06pm
[View Quote] What about spyware that connects out from your computer? A lot of
firewalls don't stop those.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

andras

Nov 29, 2003, 9:11pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] ZoneAlarm will stop them - probably the best choice he has!
Of course it would be a good idea to have a simple NAT router between the computer and the broadband connection which does an excellent job to prevent such messages reaching your computer (Linksys, DLink, SMC, etc...).

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

rossyboy

Nov 29, 2003, 10:22pm
Actually most of them do now. ZoneAlarm does.

The problem with today's advanced trojans is that they STOP the
firewalls from working properly.

[View Quote] [View Quote]

"ssl 2" <gold at midtech.net> wrote in news:3fc8fba8 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

>::Ok enough with the spyware things.
> I've dealt with it and removed it.
> Hopefully it wont happen again. Or at least for a few months
> I have Two firewalls, my original winXP firewall
> and the free Zone Alarm firewall.
> Any firewalls you'd recommend I'd like please.. =S

ZoneAlarm is good, although it would've been nice if they hadn't gone so
bloatware.

> People work hard on things,Kah
> Of course anyone would be ticked if they went and copied their work that
> they did not want copied without their permission.

Sure, if someone copies your stuff without asking you'll get angry, it
might even be a copyright violation in some cases. But it's no big deal
really, it's quite harmless.

> And I think I may have called you Kol for some strange reason. Sorry.

In that case I didn't notice, don't worry about it :-)

Sygate kicks proverbial Ass... Hard!

- MR