can somoen verify if this is safe? (Community)

can somoen verify if this is safe? // Community

1  |

alexthemartian

Aug 11, 2003, 2:25am
http://pythonbuilder.5u.com .. im not trusting programs unless they are
veified :-P

"Telegram from Python Builder, sent 55 minutes ago:
Python Database is a program full of AW Television Stations and Radio
Stations....you can easily switch back and forth from one to the other. This
was made by a good programmer friend of mine for the Python Builders but it
is being released to the public. It also has a built in bot that generates
hills if you own a world and protects tourist builds but the TV and RADIO
Station section is the best.
Download it by going to: pythonbuilder.5u.com"

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 2:52am
no, this is defiantly -NOT- safe. First tip, it was packed, second tip...
Norton IDed the unpacked version as backdoor.beastie... Do you need any
more?

-Joe

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 2:59am
And third (its rather late), what kind of icon is that for a program that
*isn't* a virus?! Anywho... don't run it. I'm too lazy too, butttttttttt,
someone should report that website so we don't have a bunch of people
downloading it...

-Joe

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Aug 11, 2003, 9:57am
ok thanx for letting me know.. i knew that it was questionable when it was
telegramed instead of posted here or someting

[View Quote]

andras

Aug 11, 2003, 11:17am
[View Quote] > ok thanx for letting me know.. i knew that it was questionable when it was
> telegramed instead of posted here or someting

Report it to 5u.com - I did.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

nutinmuch

Aug 11, 2003, 5:58pm
Isnt That Python Guy Kol? Or So I've heard...

o_O

[View Quote]

syntax

Aug 11, 2003, 8:39pm
Yea X_X
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

*G* KOL trying to plant bugs on everyones system to help his secret police
organisation get information...

Oh yeah, its also him bowing down to M a t t... but you knew that already...

andras

Aug 11, 2003, 9:12pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] Actually it worked - the site is down :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

pc hamster

Aug 12, 2003, 5:36am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] [snip....]

As big as I've been into the VR TV front lately, I'm almost surprised I
didn't get this telegram (Not that I would want it or been stupid enough to
download the program, BUT).

I guess this idiot doesn't read the NGs very much....

Either way....Glad to see his website was ripped down. :-)

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamster Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

pc hamster

Aug 12, 2003, 7:05am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Having said what I said above in my last post on the negative, on the
POSITIVE side, such a tuner *would* be really cool IF it used the AW Mapper
instead of cit info. from the AW browser itself. By that, let me
explain....

Let's say (for the sake of discussion) I was tuning around the Yeti City TV
Dial, but the coords. for my physical location I entered were 6500N 2000E.
Given the directions Yeti City would be from my physical location, I would
turn the tuner's rabbit ears towards the NE in order to pull in signals from
Yeti City. Given the obstacles that would stand between me and Yeti City as
well as the sheer distance between me and Yeti City, I would be LUCKY if |
pulled in WRPM Channel 7, let alone the other two stations there. However
if I enabled the tuner's "rooftop beam antenna", I might have a better
chance.

BTW....In case any of you are wondering, I am physically standing at 6500N
2000E on AlphaWorld and I can personally tell you I have no idea where the
nearest road is I'm so far out (it's all open space for as far as the eye
can see).

Getting back to the potential of such a tuner as a legit program, if I were
to turn the antennas to the SW, I just might get stations from the
Hamsterville area.

Some, if not most, of you may think would be pointless and useless.
However, if you're just gonna build a farm out in the boondies of
AlphaWorld, such a tool would be useful in determining what TV and Radio
stations are the closest to you when you add a TV and decide what you're
going to watch from your virtual farm way out in the boondies. :-)

Then again....One could also add a virtual satellite dish too. :-)

Something to think about??

Okay, I have my flame retardant suit on now. Hurl awaay. :-} *looking for
hiding place SOMEWHERE near 6500N 2000E*

pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

nutinmuch

Aug 13, 2003, 6:42pm
Anyway... err... Wondering if Kol will reply to this :P
[View Quote]

themask

Aug 15, 2003, 11:30pm
Kol = Noob.

I packeted him for fun one time.. Took him down for a couple hours.. was
like 5-6 hours.

joeman

Aug 17, 2003, 6:27pm
Wow, you get a gold star for being "Ultral33t h4x0r number 1!!".

-Joe

[View Quote]

themask

Aug 17, 2003, 6:40pm
I never said or was expressing myself to say I am elite or somesort of that.
So no need to be an ass.

Indeed he does... But guess what Mask...

Newsgroups: community
Subject: Re: VR Radio/TV Tuner - The Positive Spin
From: "themask" <admin at themask.3dhost.net>
Date: 15 Aug 2003 21:30:36 -0400

Now everyone else can do it to you!

themask

Aug 17, 2003, 7:08pm
Big deal, Dialup. I'm sooo scared.

Yes... you should be.. if you go attacking others you can-not complain when
someone decides to hit you.. and believe me a proper hacker / programmer
will be able to hit you with more than you could ever throw back..

joeman

Aug 17, 2003, 7:58pm
Yes you did, you were just bragging about how you "packeted" him... Wow, you
"ultral33t h3x0rzzzz numbner1111 [owa!!!" sure have some weird names for
things.

-Joe

[View Quote]

andras

Aug 17, 2003, 9:02pm
[View Quote] > Yes... you should be.. if you go attacking others you can-not complain when
> someone decides to hit you.. and believe me a proper hacker / programmer
> will be able to hit you with more than you could ever throw back..

Do I hear AOL abuse department ????

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

"andras" <andras at andras.net> wrote in
news:3f4009a0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Do I hear AOL abuse department ????

I sure do.

The Mask, if I were you, I wouldn't brag about how you broke the law and
how you are a total asshole in public. It kinda makes it too easy to take
you offline, ya know.

abuse at aol.net

KAH

joeman

Aug 18, 2003, 11:55am
"All Internet security issues (hacking reports, mailbombs, denial of service
attacks, etc.) should be sent with all log information directly to
TOSGeneral at aol.com. " I think the newsgroup posts should be proof enough, I
mean, he says he did them. Anyway, I doubt he did any damage with his AOL
account, but, its the thought that counts, right? ;)

-Joe

"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
news:3f40dad5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> "All Internet security issues (hacking reports, mailbombs, denial of
> service attacks, etc.) should be sent with all log information
> directly to TOSGeneral at aol.com. " I think the newsgroup posts should
> be proof enough, I mean, he says he did them. Anyway, I doubt he did
> any damage with his AOL account, but, its the thought that counts,
> right? ;)

I doubt most script kiddies would be able to do any real damage, with
AOheLl accounts or not, not a reason to let them go unpunished. They'd just
spawn more script kiddies (their friends).

(abuse at aol.net was the address listed on ARIN.)