Unofficial Active Worlds next version Poll (Community)

Unofficial Active Worlds next version Poll // Community

1  |

legion

Jul 25, 2003, 6:59pm
1.) What should the next version number be? 3.5 or 4.0?
2.) What should the next version's features be?
3.) Does it need any GUI changes/improvements? How much of GUI
changes/improvement does it need? What kind of specific GUI
changes/improvement do you have in mind if there is any?
4.) What type of features are most needed? (building features, world
features, server features, etc.)
5.) What are most needed feature in term of priority?
6.) Anything else related to next version?

NOTICE

Please note this is unofficial Activeworlds poll and is not in any way
affilated or whatever with Activeworlds Inc. This is only designed to assess
general opinon of Activeworld residents on limited numbers of issues. This
unoffical poll was created by me with interest in what your opinon is about
certain issues. This is an interesting poll that may offer insights into
general opinon of Activeworlds residents. Once again, neither is this poll
an
official poll nor am I in any way connected with Activeworlds Inc. You have
rights to not respond to it or whatsoever obviously. Also please notice that
this poll will not guarantee these features and other that you suggested
will be implemented. Thank you for reading and responding to it.

--
Legion

"I think, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes,
17th-century French philosopher, Earth

imagine

Jul 25, 2003, 8:25pm
I think AW needs to give an option of being able to turn the murky
underwater off and on. I also think they need to bring the use of specular
lighting back :)

Just my unoficial answers :)

Imagine
[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 26, 2003, 6:17am
Sure a lotta polls lately..ah well I'm bored..*answer*

> 1.) What should the next version number be? 3.5 or 4.0?
3.5. I think 4.0 would indicate a major graphics overhaul with the
renderware engine.

> 2.) What should the next version's features be?
Well, it'd be nice if they improved the current features they got. E.g.
terrain and move/rotate, so that maybe the rest of us could use it =P

> 3.) Does it need any GUI changes/improvements? How much of GUI
> changes/improvement does it need? What kind of specific GUI
> changes/improvement do you have in mind if there is any?

Not really, it's fine. A way of checking a cell's capacity would be nice,
and easy to add I would think.

> 4.) What type of features are most needed? (building features, world
> features, server features, etc.)

Security features...A lot of people have my ppw, since SW City does some
major build projects under my name. I want a way of checking who's using my
ppw, and be able to kick them off it. An integrated backup feature would be
handy to. And the block join requests option was done backwards if you ask
me. Instead of specifying who's blocked, why not just tell it who can join
without permission?

> 5.) What are most needed feature in term of priority?

Wasn't that question 4?

> 6.) Anything else related to next version?

*points AWI to wishlist NG*

"legion" <jonsavel at juno.com> wrote in
news:3f219a42 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> 1.) What should the next version number be? 3.5 or 4.0?

This inline reply is dedicated to: Goober King :-D
That's entirely up to the developers. Version numbers are supposed to
denote progress, they're not decoration. That aside, it's quite clear from
AWI statements that the next version will be 3.5.

> 2.) What should the next version's features be?
> 3.) Does it need any GUI changes/improvements? How much of GUI
> changes/improvement does it need? What kind of specific GUI
> changes/improvement do you have in mind if there is any?
> 4.) What type of features are most needed? (building features, world
> features, server features, etc.)
> 5.) What are most needed feature in term of priority?
> 6.) Anything else related to next version?

Why ask all these detailed questions when it's not going to happen anyway?
This post belongs in wishlist.

KAH

.duo.

Jul 27, 2003, 9:48am
My answer is in your other poll :-P

[View Quote]

facter

Jul 30, 2003, 11:51am
Movers & Custom avatars should be the two biggest additions - we've been
waiting for cuctom av's for years now...

F.

[View Quote]

.duo.

Aug 13, 2003, 7:40pm
I think the biggest addition would be a terrain system where terrain uses
quarter cells instead of whoel cells. That would make terrain far more
realistic. Also, some sort of feature which would do the equivelent of a
mesh smooth would be awesome. It would make all terrain look wonderful.
[View Quote]

mr. t

Aug 18, 2003, 9:25pm
How about mirror surfaces that show reflections. Even a simple flat mirror
would be better than nothing.

T.