no auto-upgrade? (Community)

no auto-upgrade? // Community

1  |

alexthemartian

May 7, 2003, 2:02am
how do i upgrade 3.4 to the Build 483? i still got 481 and there was no
auto-upgrade.

alexthemartian

May 7, 2003, 2:07am
also, i got 3.4 from open beta. if closed beta people get auto upgraded,
then how to open beta users upgrade?

[View Quote]

lord fett

May 7, 2003, 3:39am
Only closed beta people get the auto upgrade each time a new build comes
out. Currently, the only way for open beta users to upgrade is to download
the file when it is announced in the universe message each time.

[View Quote]

the lady

May 7, 2003, 9:26am
3.4 Open Beta Build 483 available at
http://www.activeworlds.com/products/download.asp
-----------

"lord fett" <lordfett at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3eb89c15 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Only closed beta people get the auto upgrade each time a new build
> comes out. Currently, the only way for open beta users to upgrade is
> to download the file when it is announced in the universe message each
> time.

Not quite. Open beta testers still got the 481 autoupdate.

KAH

bastillion

May 7, 2003, 8:57pm
That might have only occurred because Calpantera enabled it.

I recall that on the day I read that 481 was available, I did not get the
autoupdate until I actually tgrammed Calpantera about it and he said it was
because he hadn't enabled it.

They (the AW development team) probably just decided that only the true Beta
Testers would get the autoupdate, due to the fact that problems might occur
that open beta testers might not know how to deal with or react to. ;^P

Bastillion