Hey Everyone (Community)

Hey Everyone // Community

1  |

ds saber mage

Oct 31, 2002, 8:31pm
Eheh.... i just got 3.4 beta and i kinda dont like it =o\ im trying to
figure out how to switch back to aw 3.3 w/o losing my contacts or
teleports... plz tell me a way i could!

linn

Oct 31, 2002, 8:42pm
just make a copy of your cont and t port txt file from aw and save them
somewhere then go for it :-)
[View Quote]

jstone2004

Oct 31, 2002, 9:54pm
LOL, why do you hate it so much?

ds saber mage

Oct 31, 2002, 11:28pm
the only reason i hate it is because u can only see the terrain cell ur
currently on... it bugs me

That's why it's called a "beta", saber. There're still some bugs in it.
Shamus said that particular bug will be fixed with the next patch release.

Some people still don't understand the concept of "beta"...
robrod at prism.net

"ds saber mage" <brandon-smith at kc.rr.com> wrote in news:3dc1bd51$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Eheh.... i just got 3.4 beta and i kinda dont like it =o\ im trying to
> figure out how to switch back to aw 3.3 w/o losing my contacts or
> teleports... plz tell me a way i could!

If you're on beta, you're not allowed to do that. When you agreed/signed up
to be on the beta team, you accepted that there may be bugs and that you
would report them to the devs, not uninstall. If you're not on beta, you
shouldn't really have it anyway ;-))

Uninstall AW, and Reinstal the old 3.3 Browser, if you are on the Beta team ask Calpantera (bill at activeworlds.com) to remove you before you log on, or alternativly skip every upgrade.

technozeus

Nov 1, 2002, 11:57pm
Is it working for you now? The reason they have a beta test phase is so that people with the patience to do so can help find bugs so that they can be fixed before the software is released. Always keep a backup before you upgrade to a beta, in case the bugs are too much to tollerate, but if you get a bug in a beta version don't complain about it... report it.

As for your question, if you save a backup copy of your teleports.txt file, that will be enough.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 2, 2002, 12:02am
I'm not certain, but I think you're mistaken. If a person on the beta wants to go back to an earlier version there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to. I think it would be nice though if they sent in a formal request via e-mail to be removed from the beta team if they have no intention of testing the beta version, so that the developers know they have one less tester. Of course, it's not good to make them waste a lot of time changing who is on the beta team, so if you don't intend to provide useful feedback, it's best not to ask to be on the beta in the first place.

TechnoZeus

"technozeus" <TechnoZeus at techie.com> wrote in
news:3dc34038 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm not certain, but I think you're mistaken. If a person on the beta
> wants to go back to an earlier version there's no reason why they
> shouldn't be able to. I think it would be nice though if they sent in
> a formal request via e-mail to be removed from the beta team if they
> have no intention of testing the beta version, so that the developers
> know they have one less tester. Of course, it's not good to make them
> waste a lot of time changing who is on the beta team, so if you don't
> intend to provide useful feedback, it's best not to ask to be on the
> beta in the first place.

I'm annoyed by people who get on beta then back out because there are bugs
due to the fact that there are many people with experience in computing, 3D
technology and AW who are interested in helping out on the beta team who
are not let in. Not saying that all the beta team is a bunch of computer
illiterate newbies (certainly not!), and it's not good to have just
technical people on it, but you get the picture.

KAH

technozeus

Nov 7, 2002, 9:37am
Yep. I understand your point completely. Try not to let it annoy you too much, because it will probably always be that way.

TechnoZeus